Speculation: Eowyn, Shieldmaiden of Rohan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally in for a new Eowyn but not an armoured version. If we have a beautiful sculpt and rooted hair I would prefer the white dress version, it's gorgeous and I love the medieval/arthurian feeling.
:)
Asmus can do a bonus item of the ripped up flag from the golden hall.

I prefer the armorer version of Eowyn myself because then we can pair it with hopefully WK 2.0 and armored Merry.

What kind of accessories would you guys want to see with an Eowyn figure?

I think whether she's armored or in a dress, she should come with her sword. She did hold her sword in and out of battle.

A flag of Rohan would be an awesome accessory and probably easy to produce. I think I would prefer one in tact that could be stood up. I just like those Rohan flags too much to see them on the ground or torn apart.

A chalice, like the one she hands Aragorn in the Great Hall when they are celebrating the Helm's Deep victory, would be a good accessory for a dress version of Eowyn.

Anything else?

What kind of accessories would you guys want to see with an Eowyn figure?

I think whether she's armored or in a dress, she should come with her sword. She did hold her sword in and out of battle.

A flag of Rohan would be an awesome accessory and probably easy to produce. I think I would prefer one in tact that could be stood up. I just like those Rohan flags too much to see them on the ground or torn apart.

A chalice, like the one she hands Aragorn in the Great Hall when they are celebrating the Helm's Deep victory, would be a good accessory for a dress version of Eowyn.

Anything else?
Well if it's shield maiden Eowyn how about a two pack with Merry armoured up?

If it's white dress Eowyn how about some of her awful stew that Aragorn tries not to eat.

I do feel that ‘The white lady of Rohan’ should get a figure dressed in white- but the all white dress from when our heroes first ride into Edoras- despite being beautiful- would be a little too similar to Galadriel in the display.

I am however quite fond of this creamy with vest look- the shield maiden outfit- which has more justification for including her sword than the all white, mourning dress.
0F5381A8-6572-4164-98BF-2BA0B65DAE93.png

Some good references and info here
It’s deceptively detailed.
Give me a Rohan flag any day as well.

I do feel that ‘The white lady of Rohan’ should get a figure dressed in white- but the all white dress from when our heroes first ride into Edoras- despite being beautiful- would be a little too similar to Galadriel in the display.

I am however quite fond of this creamy with vest look- the shield maiden outfit- which has more justification for including her sword than the all white, mourning dress.
View attachment 563345

If not armored, this is the dress I would want. Just my preference, not hating on the white dress. Also agree about it being too similar to Galadriel.

View attachment 563345

Totally agree. That's actually my favorite look of hers. So many fiddly details in the embroidery and in the subtle patterns in the fabric.

I also wouldn't mind at all if some of these figures didn't come with a ton of accessories. If they just made an Eowyn like this ... with some extra hands and a sword ... as long as the did a great job on the head and costume, I'd be perfectly satisfied.

One of the things about the 3Zero Game of Thrones figures that I appreciate is the fact that they're often kind of light on accessories. There's something to be said for a simple, straightforward figure. Sure, sometimes the essential version of a particular character means they need a bunch of extra bits and bobs, but sometimes you just want things clean and easy. Give me a great likeness and finely detailed costume work and I'm a happy collector.

^ Agreed. I’m struggling to think of what accessories she could come with tbh (for a dress version), other than a sword, extra hands and a flag. As long as the sculpt is good and the outfit etc looks good, I’ll be happy too.

I vote for a dressed version light in accessories to keep the costs down, with the chance to purchase and extra headsculpt to upgrade the previous armored version.
Furthermore, light in accesories should be compatible with some "build an enviroment" elements, in this case for example a Rohan flag, a piece of armory, etc, that at the end could match all together for a complete LOTR collector's experience.

Last edited:
I would 1000% be in for armored Eowyn in either a 2 pack with armored Merry OR with the decapitated Fellbeast head!!!!
Hell, i'd pay premium for BOTH.
Maybe that could be the next "crown release".

Ha! That would be awesome. If I'm not mistaken they did consider doing just that a LOOOOONG time ago. Back when they first released her. I think it was deemed too big and too expensive to produce. Bummer.

I don't know - they've done bigger diorama pieces since, rewatching the scene now the Fellbeast's head is about the size of Eowyn's torso. Only slightly bigger than the troll head they did for Legolas years ago...
If it was made from 1 solid piece, and the design isn't overly complicated really - I see no reason why it wouldn't be pretty easy to do.
Plus if they sold it separately as well (like Galadriel's mirror) I can see a LOT of people with the old Eowyn purchasing it, even if they don't want to upgrade the figure itself.

I too would get both the White Dress and Armored versions of Eowyn.
I would love a deluxe release that included both.

As far as accessories, for the white dress I would say a flag of Rohan and a display/dio base of Edoras. Wouldn’t hurt to also include her sword. For armored I would do a display base with the head of the fellbeast along with all her gear.

This is an honest question - not being critical - why do you guys want the Fellbeast as the display base? She never stands on top of it like Legolas did with the cave troll. Maybe they can make a display base with some blood stained grass from the Pelennor Fields with the head of the Fellbeast laying on it? Unless that's what was intended and I just read it wrong thinking you wanted her standing on the head.

Going off of the Weta bust, which I think is pretty much 1:6 scale, the severed Fell Beast head would still be pretty huge- around the length of Eowyn but way chunkier.
It would make for a much more detailed dio/accessory than Asmus have produced since the Troll head.
After Henrietta, I doubt this would be painted anywhere near well enough and would cost as much as a standard figure on its own.
ED41E9D9-A487-446F-8422-D9767945D1AB.jpeg

CAD03E90-9BCA-47D4-9E36-725617EC162E.jpeg

This was a good reminder of why a lot of ‘sleepers’ and late comers are itching for 2.0s.
D4BCA74E-A8D8-4038-AF92-4E580A7F1F20.jpeg

Neither are perfect but they ain’t half bad either. I’m all set for armoured Eowyn which is why my vote is for a dress version.

Back