Spartacus on Starz (spoilers for US aired episodes!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spartacus Blood and Sand

BY the Gods!!!! I just finished watching this show!!!!! And ITs ____ing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :panic::panic::panic::panic: Ay papa!!!!!!! So badass!!!!!!!! :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Is Andy Whitfield doing better?!!! I NEED!!! a season 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Andy Whitfield doing better?!!! I NEED!!! a season 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last I heard he is. I believe he might be in the last two episodes of the prequel which should be a good indication that he is doing great and should be ready for Season 2 eventually.

https://www.deadline.com/2010/06/sp...cer-free-ready-to-return-to-the-starz-series/

EXCLUSIVE: Spartacus star Andy Whitfield has been given a clean bill of health and is already training for his return to the set of the Starz drama series. “I’m raring to go,” Whitfiled said in a phone interview from New Zealand. Fans will be able to meet the actor at next month's Comic Con where Whitfield will make an appearance along with other actors and producers from Starz's breakout series Spartacus: Blood and Sand.

Welsh-born Whitfield was diagnosed with treatable Stage 1 non-Hodgkin lymphoma in early March during a routine checkup just as the show was about to start shooting Season 2. He began treatment immediately while production was put on hold. About five weeks ago, tests revealed that Whitfield was clear of cancer and three weeks ago, he completed his treatment. Whitfield, who thanked Starz executives for sticking with him and supporting him through his ordeal, has already started his own training for what is a very physically demanding role and will start vigorous boot camp training at the end of July.

While Whitfield was undergoing treatment, Starz announced a six-episode Spartacus prequel focused on two other characters from the series, played by Lucy Lawless and John Hannah. Whitfield will appear in two of the episodes and is expected to get in front of the camera sometime in October, giving him plenty of time to get in shape. (He notes that for the first season, he only had a month to prepare.) Upon wrapping the prequel, the cast and crew are expected to segue directly into filming Season 2 of the original series.

Whitfield shaved his head after starting to lose his hair during chemo but it is already growing back and he will have his trademark Spartacus hairdo shortly.

For 35-year-old Whitfield, the news of his cancer diagnosis came out of the blue just as the first season of Spartacus was breaking ratings records for Starz week after week and production on Season 2 was about to begin.

“After the initial shock – I was a healthy young man and had no idea that this could happen -- it was frustrating that the first season was ending on such a high note and we could’ve been rolling into season 2." But after that initial shock came “time to heal, figure things out and spend time with my family,” he said. And the experience has thought him some important lessons, like: “Stay in the now and enjoy every moment.”

awesome news about the prequel. john hannah's character was awesome wicked. VERY GLAD they decided to go the route of making the prequel about the gladiator school and not about a young spartacus.

What a noob. Can't believe you are JUST now getting around to watching the first episode. Fail!!! Now go outside, grab a trash can lid and a baseball bat, and pick a fight with someoen.

Spartacus rocks!!! :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Can't wait for the prequel, S2 and to own them all on Blu!!! :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

What a noob. Can't believe you are JUST now getting around to watching the first episode. Fail!!! Now go outside, grab a trash can lid and a baseball bat, and pick a fight with someoen.

And I'M the n00b!:rolleyes2

I knew about the show when it first came out....but I don't have the Starz channel, so I had to find other wayz.....and cuz of that I kinda forgot about it.
But then Pitu called me and told me that it was awesome! And we usually exchange shows to eachother.....for example I told him about Arrested Development and he told me about Entourage!!! GREATEST SHOWS EVER!!!!:rock

So I thought I would give this one a try! And I love it!!

The only thing that I need to get used to is theuse of modern curse words. :lol I'm used to movies like this to say something like "CURSE THY MOTHER!" ....instead of "F#$K YOUR MOTHER MAN!". :lol

SDCC Friday

3:15-4:15 Spartacus: Blood and Sand— Andy Whitfield (McLeod's Daughters) makes his Comic-Con debut, along with Lucy Lawless (Xena: Warrior Princess), John Hannah (The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor), and Viva Bianca (Bad Bush). Executive producer Stephen S. DeKnight (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) joins the cast to discuss the upcoming prequel, titled Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, expected to air on Starz in January 2011, and the exclusive content found on the first season Blu-ray discs, available September 21. Room 6BCF

Back