Soosoo Toys The Boss Man (Daredevil s3 Kingpin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cane confirmed by SOOSOO:

wLVDxnl.png

It's a call back to one of his comic outfits, nothing more. Funny seeing people get so worked up over it.

LkVIhdx.jpg
I didn't get worked up over it, it just looked goddamn awful. He looked great in Daredevil. Looked like a complete idiot in Hawkeye. And acted like a complete idiot.

Yeah daredevil was a much more grounded show not to mention the rating difference. Seeing this version of Kingpin just didn't work for me.

Yeah I don't get all the outrage I'm seeing. We already saw in the episode how he was damn near indestructible. Lol
Agreed, no way they would let one of the greatest villains go out in that simple of a way. The man was smashed through a building with a car and shook it off like it was nothing.

Just pulled the trigger on the PO from Giantoy, so Merry Christmas to me. This will be in hand WAY before HT can bring one to market.

Fingers crossed they add a black shirt. :)

Cane confirmed by SOOSOO:

wLVDxnl.png

It's a call back to one of his comic outfits, nothing more. Funny seeing people get so worked up over it.

LkVIhdx.jpg
I didn't get worked up over it, it just looked goddamn awful. He looked great in Daredevil. Looked like a complete idiot in Hawkeye. And acted like a complete idiot.
Well, if you didn't like it take it up with Vincent D'Onofrio. He was a big fan of that comic run and actually suggested/requested that outfit.

https://www.thethings.com/vincent-d...cter-kingpins-costume-in-hawkeye-disney-plus/

Hey Buff -- thanks for sharing this link. Have you ever ordered from GIANTOY before? Also, is there any other retailer to preorder this at?

EDIT: Actually I see this is also up for preorder with KGHobby for $151.28 USD versus GIANTOY's $185.99. I have yet to receive my 2 prior preorders from KGHobby, so I'm not sure what their shipping costs are like.

Do you know if they are reasonable like $10-20 range or something absurd that would pretty much negate any of the potential savings? Cause GIANTOY is slightly more but they at least include free shipping...not sure if they both kinda equal out in the end when shipping costs are factored in for KGHobby.

Last edited:
Hey Buff -- thanks for sharing this link. Have you ever ordered from GIANTOY before? Also, is there any other retailer to preorder this at?

EDIT: Actually I see this is also up for preorder with KGHobby for $151.28 USD versus GIANTOY's $185.99. I have yet to receive my 2 prior preorders from KGHobby, so I'm not sure what their shipping costs are like.

Do you know if they are reasonable like $10-20 range or something absurd that would pretty much negate any of the potential savings? Cause GIANTOY is slightly more but they at least include free shipping...not sure if they both kinda equal out in the end when shipping costs are factored in for KGHobby.

Giantoy is reliable.

You can get a delivery estimate on KGH if you select the full payment option. Once you've seen the cost options you can simply delete the order from your cart and go back and do the deposit option instead.

Bear in mind though that it's only an estimate, and could be higher (or lower) when the item comes into stock.

For this figure I get estimates of $36 for regular airmail, or $53 for EMS to the UK.

I think Hawkeye did a good job with Kingpin. I mean, he isn't the same man as he was in DD Season 3. So much has happened since then including the blip, ronin, and time skip.

I second Asta's statement - Giantoy is reliable. I've bought a couple of figures from them so far with no issues, and they've done a nice job with the packaging. They have joined OSK as my go-to HK retailers (especially if I want a SooSooToys figure).

I think Hawkeye did a good job with Kingpin. I mean, he isn't the same man as he was in DD Season 3. So much has happened since then including the blip, ronin, and time skip.
Agreed. The only thing that strains credibility and undermines the character a bit is him using the bumbling Tracksuit Mafia to be his henchmen, but like you say he's not back at the heights of his powers yet, so these guys might have just been the only ones he could get right now.

Apparently there is a finite amount of power in the MCU. Now that Loki can be easily worked over by mere supermarket shoppers, the Diz balances it out with Hulk Kingpin.

Giantoy is reliable.

You can get a delivery estimate on KGH if you select the full payment option. Once you've seen the cost options you can simply delete the order from your cart and go back and do the deposit option instead.

Bear in mind though that it's only an estimate, and could be higher (or lower) when the item comes into stock.

For this figure I get estimates of $36 for regular airmail, or $53 for EMS to the UK.

I second Asta's statement - Giantoy is reliable. I've bought a couple of figures from them so far with no issues, and they've done a nice job with the packaging. They have joined OSK as my go-to HK retailers (especially if I want a SooSooToys figure).
Thanks for the response guys. Yeah, I think $36 is a bit pricey for shipping...well, I'm committed with my Cajun Dealer and my John Lander preorders with KGH, so I guess I'll put in my Boss Man preorder with Giantoy then since it ends up being cheaper.

Thanks again guys and Merry X-Mas! :santa

I thought he was a lot worse in Hawkeye. It's not even just the outfit but it was the way they padded his body. It looked silly. Then it was the dialouge. Just kinda simple and dull, doesn't present as the same character.

And then there was all the weird action stuff. I thought it would be interesting if he found a way to power himself up with some supersoldier serum during the blip. It would make him a lot more formidable and he could go toe to toe with someone like spider-man. It seems like he's just "stronger" and that's not as interesting to me.

Oh well I still have DD seasons 1 and 2. Yeah I know he was in 3 but that season had very silly writing in my opinion.

So I see this bad boy is still up for preorder...so that 10 day preorder window was a crock of bull...

Can anyone recommend a reliable place to pre-order this, at this stage? Seems like most of the places I'm familiar with or have bought from before are sold out of their pre-order. TNS still has it, just unsure if they're good to pre-order from. I know some HK sellers are iffy.

I told myself I was done collecting Marvel after Endgame, but after re-watching Daredevil over the last two weeks, I decided I want a Punisher and a Kingpin and was delighted to see there are figures coming out. Just need to know where is trustworthy to pre-order from.

Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a reliable place to pre-order this, at this stage? Seems like most of the places I'm familiar with or have bought from before are sold out of their pre-order. TNS still has it, just unsure if they're good to pre-order from. I know some HK sellers are iffy.

I told myself I was done collecting Marvel after Endgame, but after re-watching Daredevil over the last two weeks, I decided I want a Punisher and a Kingpin and was delighted to see there are figures coming out. Just need to know where is trustworthy to pre-order from.

Thanks!
I pre-ordered mine from Giantoy! It's still available there, I've placed many pre-orders with them, including Soosoo figures, and it always went perfectly. They also have very responsive and friendly customer service. :D

Back