Soosoo Toys The Boss Man (Daredevil s3 Kingpin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I heard back from Giantoys and their customer service response has been amazingly stellar thus far! They offered to pay for shipping if I wanted to return the item (which I don't want to do obviously).

Otherwise they said SST is completely out of replacement heads, but Giantoy offered to reimburse me $40 if I was to get a local artist to fix/re-paint the section. I've never gone the custom painting route...anyone know of any repainters and how much they cost?
Thats great they got back to you with a resolution. Have you been able to find someone to touch up the paint? Sorry, I've never done this before.

If you’re not patient, like 3po this to a year wait, you might not want to do that. Never had any bad experiences but commissions can be time consuming.

Thats great they got back to you with a resolution. Have you been able to find someone to touch up the paint? Sorry, I've never done this before.
I've never done so either and I likely won't since it requires a decent amount of effort, but I'm happy Giantoys was willing to reimburse me. Quality customer service!

If you’re not patient, like 3po this to a year wait, you might not want to do that. Never had any bad experiences but commissions can be time consuming.
Yeah, if I was more invested in this hobby, I'd do it, but it just seems like a lot of work to search, screen, and vet.

Would love to see a replacement outfit made.

Yellow lapel staining on mine seems to be getting a little worse over time.

try baking powder / soda or white vinegar or net curtain whitener or laundry stain bars vanish etc , bleach & solvents may eat into this fine fabric if not fully rinsed out.

It’s the yellowing glue they used to keep the fabric from fraying so they wouldn’t have to stitch it. You could try to remove the glue (good luck on that), cover it with paint or just live with it.

I finally had enough of the stained tux lapels and ordered the jacket and pants from the 2.0 as well as a muscle body sized black shirt. It’s simple and effective, and somewhat less scene specific as far as looks go. At this point, very happy with this guy.

Attachments

• IMG_9632.jpeg
    IMG_9632.jpeg
    811.9 KB · Views: 0
I finally had enough of the stained tux lapels and ordered the jacket and pants from the 2.0 as well as a muscle body sized black shirt. It’s simple and effective, and somewhat less scene specific as far as looks go. At this point, very happy with this guy.
Looks great! I really need to do this with mine. Do you have a link or seller name for that black shirt?

Back