Statue Snow Troll Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sold on the Snow Troll as a statue, just because the game was kind of 'meh' and is unlikely to drive interest in the piece - I put it down when the next game came along. I'll probably go ahead with my order just because it is a lot of statue for the money by today's standards and I paid a heck of a lot more for my Cave Troll, but it won't be a focal point of my collection.

I thought the game was pretty damn cool myself. I put games aside all the time even ones like Gears, Halo, BF3, and some I still need to get started on Uncharted 3. I'll actually pay less for this than I did for my Cave Troll. :eek:l

Not doubting the sculpt or the talent behind it, more just... where does it fit in? What would you display it next to?

I'll display it with the rest of my LOTR statues. As we get more larger creatures say a Cave Troll, Balrog, etc I'll put it more with those.

Thanks Josh. Didn't know that about flex as this is my first ever. I'm sure I hit an acceptance button somewhere when I ordered...

:lol

Thanks Josh. Didn't know that about flex as this is my first ever. I'm sure I hit an acceptance button somewhere when I ordered...

No problem. I only know cause I've had to cancel a couple of flex items a few years back and had to eat the money.

I thought the game was pretty damn cool myself. I put games aside all the time even ones like Gears, Halo, BF3, and some I still need to get started on Uncharted 3. I'll actually pay less for this than I did for my Cave Troll. :eek:l

I'll display it with the rest of my LOTR statues. As we get more larger creatures say a Cave Troll, Balrog, etc I'll put it more with those.

Isn't the new maquette line limited to humanoids? Thought I read that somewhere, as they wanted to keep scale.

The game got a little repetitive for me. I'll go back to it at some point. It just makes me think 'does it merit a statue?' I get Kratos, Master Chief, etc. because they are main characters from a game franchise. This is just kind of thrown in. But hey, I'm sure it will look great and I'll figure out something to do with it.

yeah Ive had to eat the flex fee for canceling twice now. Its one of those things where I like to plan for it so I flex, but then I dont like orders overlapping if I can help it and sometimes it happens and when it does I have to weigh the situation out and consider which is priority. Sucks but it happens

Isn't the new maquette line limited to humanoids? Thought I read that somewhere, as they wanted to keep scale.

The game got a little repetitive for me. I'll go back to it at some point. It just makes me think 'does it merit a statue?' I get Kratos, Master Chief, etc. because they are main characters from a game franchise. This is just kind of thrown in. But hey, I'm sure it will look great and I'll figure out something to do with it.

No, it will cover the beasts as well. The others may not come around for a bit but they will arrive at some point I'm sure.

Its a button masher and most of those rinse and repeat but then again so do most games.

Not doubting the sculpt or the talent behind it, more just... where does it fit in? What would you display it next to?

it will be perfect displayed next to the 1/5 scale series, put it a little further away than the 1/5 statues to create a sense of distance/scale as if the snow troll is further away hence smaller.

I just hope they package it well, this thing looks very fragile.

when I first saw this guy, I wasn't sure he would fit very well with the maquette line, but I have to admit the more I view pictures of him and now that I can compare it to the 5 maquettes I have, I am very glad to have this guy on the way.

Also, once we get some more beasts, mainly the Balrog, he will look great!

Waitlist just converted! Can't wait for this piece, especially with all the good words said about it.

Congrats! This is a pretty darn impressive piece.

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the conversion.

I need to cancel at least one thing in may. I can't believe I'm saying this but I may have to cancel the Joker PF EX in order to keep this and the Vampirella PF EX.

Does the Snow Troll count towards the new Maquette line or is it some kind of solo-piece? Strange that there's no exclusive version, so the ES is pretty small.
Also don't you think he is a bit too big? The Trolls in the movie were about twice as big as a human.

Does the Snow Troll count towards the new Maquette line or is it some kind of solo-piece? Strange that there's no exclusive version, so the ES is pretty small.
Also don't you think he is a bit too big? The Trolls in the movie were about twice as big as a human.

I believe that Trolls come in various sizes. For example mountain trolls are supposed to be bigger than cave trolls. I would think that the Snow Troll would be a variation of Mountain Troll and be pretty big. Just my 2 cents. :duff

Can't wait to get this guy.

This has been discussed before, mileage may vary but I say No Way. Base is different, feel is different, includes multiple characters (the little dwarf),etc.

This has been discussed before, mileage may vary but I say No Way. Base is different, feel is different, includes multiple characters (the little dwarf),etc.

Yes it's definitely not the 1/5 scale series but a standalone piece, but it displays nicely with them nonetheless.

Congrats on the conversion.

I need to cancel at least one thing in may. I can't believe I'm saying this but I may have to cancel the Joker PF EX in order to keep this and the Vampirella PF EX.

I would cancel the vampirella pf ex as it already has an excellent comiq version not to mention high es count and not very unique character. Joker pf ex is already a grail.

On the other hand, snow troll doesnt have nrd so you lose nothing, but it's limited to 500 total + soldout which will make it pretty rare.

Tough call, eat some ramen and get all 3 is the best option :)

I think it counts as part of the statue line. It not having the same base and such doesn't mean anything to me personally. As far as the size it's about the same as the Cave Troll was with the statues of the SSW line.

Okay thanks. I came to the same conclusion but beeing a complitist I just wanted to be 100% sure. Still not sure whether to order or not hmpf.

I have a feeling that this bad boy is going to catch a lot of people off guard, especially when the in hand pics start and we're gonna be hearing a lot of "wish I woulda's...:slap"

Last edited:
Back