Statue Snow Troll Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Sideshow would have a Drummer Troll in making I could pass on this easily. But I have a strong feeling we won't be seeing any more trolls for a loooooong time.

Okay thanks. I came to the same conclusion but beeing a complitist I just wanted to be 100% sure. Still not sure whether to order or not hmpf.

I would try to get it based on what I saw at comic-con alone. You will be pleased.

I have a feeling that this bad boy is going to catch a lot of people off guard, especially when the in hand pics start and were gonna be hearing a lot of "wish I woulda's...:slap"

It could happen. Same types of things were said about the original Cave Troll and Balrog. Then over time they went up in price big time. Now, I don't know if this will make that kind of jump, but I can see over time it going up in price.

If Sideshow would have a Drummer Troll in making I could pass on this easily. But I have a strong feeling we won't be seeing any more trolls for a loooooong time.

It might be a bit but I do believe we shall see a Cave Troll before all is said and done.

It could happen. Same types of things were said about the original Cave Troll and Balrog. Then over time they went up in price big time. Now, I don't know if this will make that kind of jump, but I can see over time it going up in price.

It's definitely got a lot going for it:

-Awesome sculpt/pose :yess:

-Very low edition size :yess::yess:

-Great value for it's size :yess::yess::yess:

Last edited:
I'm loving 'War in the North' and i also loved killing the Snow Troll!
Very brief appearance, though fighting 2 at the same time was.... fun!

you guys should just play lord of the ring online and be done with it. It's the definitive lotr game and you get to party with other hobbit-loving nerds! :yess:

I'm not really into PC games or MMO to be honest.

but for someone who loves lord of the ring so much, you have to try this mmorpg, it's mandatory. It has countless lores, creatures and beautiful scenes. Not to mention action - raiding the mines, fighting trolls, dragons, or riding into rivendell. Just seeing a living breathing rivendell for the first time in all her glory is worth it. Everything you read about in the book/movie and more.

it has an epic storyline from beginning to end, you dont HAVE TO play with other people, can just do everything on your own and follow your storyline until the very end.

It's a living middle earth world.

I eventually got bored with it after maxing out my level & done everything, but the experience of getting there was one of the best and something i will always treasure. Nothing beats going into Urugarth with your party(all real people) and getting rushed by giant trolls and goblins, with everyone yelling and working together to stay alive. Then have a giant dragon flying down right in front of you.

And this game is now free to play, you are really missing out probably the biggest lord of the ring experience ever by not trying this game.

I'm not saying I'll never give it a go. I'm tempted because its LOTR if nothing else.

Edit: Another problem is I have a Mac and its not out for that yet.

easy, just install bootcamp to windows 7, then you can just select windows 7 to play lotro and osx for everything else. I can get you a windows 7 key if you interested, save some money. Am part of microsoft developer program so get all their software free.

Part of a reply according to my suggestion for a Drummer Troll:

"Thank you for contacting us. I’ve gone ahead and forwarded your suggestion over to our development team. Hopefully we will see some more Lord of the Rings trolls in the future!"

It's just a standart phrase they send to everyone, isn't it?

Maybe the Snow Troll is a split shipment and the full-pay orders will ship in May and the flex-pay orders will still ship in August. I haven't received any e-mails regarding a flex-pay change for this.

Ditto on that for me too. There's been no change in my FlexPay schedule.

this has no NRD, so expect a lot of back and forth. However at the end of the day it will be a grail piece with only a 500 total ES if it looks as good as in josh's pictures.

The only way i can see this not achieving grail status is if they mess up the paint badly - aka rogue/ultron scale. However most lotr statues are well done especially on the bad guys side, so fingers crossed.

this has no NRD, so expect a lot of back and forth. However at the end of the day it will be a grail piece with only a 500 total ES if it looks as good as in josh's pictures.

The only way i can see this not achieving grail status is if they mess up the paint badly - aka rogue/ultron scale. However most lotr statues are well done especially on the bad guys side, so fingers crossed.

Not sure about the grail thing, again, just because of the lack of connection to the films. I'm sure it will be a great piece though. Looking forward to it.

Back