Smallville 7th Season - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Smallville 7th Season

I suppose they could get around that by saying it's an irrational fear that makes no practical sense, like when people are terrified of a spider that's like a millioneth the size of them or he has vertigo and heights make him dizzy.

Mind you didn't he used to sit up on that really high water tower in the first and second season which you could see Metropolis from.

FINIALLY, FINIALLY, they used Supe's relationship to the yellow sun. I've really been waiting all these seasons for them to finially use it. and kara, :monkey5:monkey5

Didn't they touch on that in an episode where he was having trouble controlling his powers because of sun spots.

I suppose they could get around that by saying it's an irrational fear that makes no practical sense, like when people are terrified of a spider that's like a millioneth the size of them or he has vertigo and heights make him dizzy.

Mind you didn't he used to sit up on that really high water tower in the first and second season which you could see Metropolis from.

I might buy that it's an irrational fear if they had made that a big part of his character, but like you pointed out, he's done plenty of stuff involving heights and it didn't bother him. Remember when he practically launched himself into orbit to stop a nuclear missle in one episode? No problems there.

Didn't they touch on that in an episode where he was having trouble controlling his powers because of sun spots.

Yea, where pery white came into town and the sun was having like solar flares and such. That episode did deal with it, but not in the sense that flat out saying that he gathers his strenght from the yellow sun. The context of the premier was of him gathering power from the sun to defeat an enemy (much like they did in superman returns before he lifted new krypton into space). I would like to see smallville deal with this issue more. Might just be me, but i always wanted to see clark get some sun time after being exposed to kryptonite, but in smallville it seems that he's fine just after the effects, but i digress.

I might buy that it's an irrational fear if they had made that a big part of his character, but like you pointed out, he's done plenty of stuff involving heights and it didn't bother him. Remember when he practically launched himself into orbit to stop a nuclear missle in one episode? No problems there.

Yeah you're right, I love Smallville but the quality of the writing tends to lurch from the sublime to the ridiculous.

One week you can have a great episode like Lex's wedding and the next it can be the immigrant Kryptonite farm mess.

I think overall Smallville has done more right than wrong though and the arcs have always been pretty good (except that whole season four Lana is a witch thing which was just a big mess and from what I remember it was left pretty open ended too).

Yeah you're right, I love Smallville but the quality of the writing tends to lurch from the sublime to the ridiculous.

One week you can have a great episode like Lex's wedding and the next it can be the immigrant Kryptonite farm mess.

I think overall Smallville has done more right than wrong though and the arcs have always been pretty good (except that whole season four Lana is a witch thing which was just a big mess and from what I remember it was left pretty open ended too).

Yea, I remember one year at SDCC, the writers said that it's hard to put out 24 great episodes a season and they sometimes need a filler episode. I don't know, I'm such a HUGE superman fan, I could write all good ones :chew:chew

And yes, the Lana=Witch arc has been stricken from my memory forever, so I don't know what you're talking about. Buddy and I were discussing this yesterday, Smallville seems to have great Season Premiers/Finals/Mid-Season Breaks; then there are some diamond in the ruff episodes, but besides that, the rest of the season is crap, crap, crappiddy, crappido.

Never mentioned this before, but a Smallville-Supernatural crossover is the worth idea since someone greenlit the show called FREDDIE starting freddie prince jr.

If there's one thing that Smallville does better than just about any other show, it's a gangbuster season finale. The problem is that the payoff is usually a dud the following season. Zod, Bizarro, one shot and gone. :monkey4

Yea, I remember one year at SDCC, the writers said that it's hard to put out 24 great episodes a season and they sometimes need a filler episode. I don't know, I'm such a HUGE superman fan, I could write all good ones :chew:chew

And yes, the Lana=Witch arc has been stricken from my memory forever, so I don't know what you're talking about. Buddy and I were discussing this yesterday, Smallville seems to have great Season Premiers/Finals/Mid-Season Breaks; then there are some diamond in the ruff episodes, but besides that, the rest of the season is crap, crap, crappiddy, crappido.

Never mentioned this before, but a Smallville-Supernatural crossover is the worth idea since someone greenlit the show called FREDDIE starting freddie prince jr.

I think the Lana as a witch thing in season four was a desperate attempt to create something like the Angel/Angelus arc in season two of Buffy where a good character went evil, unfortunately it didn't work nearly as well and I'm glad they buried it.

It seemed like they lost their way until season five started again and we had the Braniac arc which got things back on track.

SPOILERS

I'm a bit dubious about the Smallville/Supernatural crossover as it makes no sense whatsoever other than a cheap cash in.

Bruce Wayne showing up sounds encouraging though.

I've heard this before, and it makes no sense at all. Is he afraid of damaging the ground if he falls? Plus, I recall him jumping huge distances in the air in past shows.

I might've bought an excuse like that in season 1, but it's just getting ridiculous now. They painted themselves into a corner with the "no flying" rule, and it's just making Clark look inept.

Yea Clark is really haveing a problem getting UP!! LOL!! :) :rotfl :lol

Lana was a witch in one episode - it was more that her ancester (A French woman who looked just like chinese/Dutch Kristen) was an enemy of Jane Seymour and her son. Not the best place they've gone.

And while Buffy had an occasional "Beer Bad", Smallville seems to have 6 or 7 dud episodes a season. But the finales usually are killer.

Clark had problems with heights when he had to jump between buildings to save his mom. When he jumped for the rocket he didn't have time to think. I imagine Kara will help him get over it this season though. If those episode titles are real I'd have expected one to be called "Flight".

I can't account for the episode guide I found online. It was at some Smallville site, but I was scouring the net for info, and can't remember which site it was. It may be bogus...
But, I hope in some ways, it is real. I don't want another season. I think they should end it this year. And wrap it up in a big way.

I did enjoy the season opener though. Not sure why they are making Supergirl aid baddies, but that may be explained. I just hope they keep up the action levels now. Keep it rolling.

I don't think Kara's aiding baddies, she saved Lex's life, just as Clark would have done.

I think Kara might be innocent and easily manipulated (by Lex) or other bad guys into doing the wrong thing without realising.

Clark is supposed to take on an older brother role to her, so I guess he'll be the one guiding her through her new life on earth.

I can't account for the episode guide I found online. It was at some Smallville site, but I was scouring the net for info, and can't remember which site it was. It may be bogus...
But, I hope in some ways, it is real. I don't want another season. I think they should end it this year. And wrap it up in a big way.

I did enjoy the season opener though. Not sure why they are making Supergirl aid baddies, but that may be explained. I just hope they keep up the action levels now. Keep it rolling.

Yeah, that episode list you posted is not accurate at all according to what I have seen online.

Yeah, that episode list you posted is not accurate at all according to what I have seen online.

Yea, these are the titles that I found online:

Episode #7-2: "Kara"
Air Date: October 4, 2007
Episode #7-3: "Fierce"
Air Date: October 11, 2007
Episode #7-4: "Cure"
Air Date: October 18, 2007
Episode #7-5: "Action"
Air Date: October 25, 2007
Episode #7-6: "Lara"
Air Date: November 1, 2007
Episode #7-7: "Wrath"
Air Date: November 8, 2007
Episode #7-8: "Blue"
Air Date: November 15, 2007
Episode #7-9: "Gemini"
Air Date: Unknown

and that's it so far.

It seems doubtful that they would have the entire season written by the end of September.

I just finished season six on HD DVD and I ended up enjoying it more than I expected. My wife is the real Smallville fan and half the time I am watching it with her while doing something else, but I actually paid attention most of the time this last season.

Anyone care to let me borrow Season 6? I really want to watch this season but haven't seen 6 yet and Netflix has a very long wait :monkey2

I'll pay shipping both ways :eek:

So does anyone know if the plan they had way back when that was discussed on the history of superman special on the history channel, and is mentioned SOMEWHERE on the special features on the dvd have been given up on? " do several season of smallville, then a movie either theatrical, or made for TV, and then it becomes a new superman TV show" I haven't heard anything about it in a while, but i figured i'd ask.

I don't recall EVER hearing that plan, not from the show's creators or in that documentary. Given the budgets of TV shows, I don't think Superman can be done decently on the small screen.

Back