Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

It is the painters like you that incourage the rest of us to keep going and improve on what we are doing. I've only painted 4/5 can't wait to see what is possible after 20+.

sweet mother-o-pearl............it's a mini-ian. fantastic work !!!! :chew

Thanks guys however i think it may just be orbitingx's photos that make it look good :lol Love those shots!!

It's amazing how different lighting can tremendously change the color of the skin tone! The highlights you added to the face come through so subtle in Orbitingx's photos, it looks extremely realistic!

Now I don't know what is a good paint mix for skin tone!

Thanks guys however i think it may just be orbitingx's photos that make it look good :lol Love those shots!!

Sorry man.....I'm calling it!!

Modest Liar :lol

It's amazing how different lighting can tremendously change the color of the skin tone! The highlights you added to the face come through so subtle in Orbitingx's photos, it looks extremely realistic!

Now I don't know what is a good paint mix for skin tone!

You know it's a good paint job when you can put it next to your own skin and see the similarities (Only works for me on Caucasian types though) :duh

If you click on the pics of Palpy in my member gallery (link off of home page) you will see larger higher resolution images capturing the blended detail better.I try to post larger images there, so the pics don't slow down other members browsing through threads.

He really is amazing Josh. I've come to the conclussion you will be painting my ANH gang as well. I'll pm you with the details soon.

I guess the new Bale sculpt are starting to ship. If anyone would like me to throw some paint on them let me know:chew

Thanks i loved painting that sculpt. Ill be posting a few more here soon. Including the new Bale. :chew

Just finished some Obi Wan action for a fellow member. :chew

obiwan.jpg

obi-wan-2.jpg

Excellent job on the beard! I've always found it difficult to do hair realistically and you pulled it off beautifully!

Saintsyn: Thanks for the compliment. Yeah facial hair can be tricky. I just applied it with many layers of fine brush strokes.

Les you are the man thanks for the compliment. :duff I have a few more up my sleeve ill be posting soon.

Val Kilmer sculpt for a fellow member. I think with a bit of resculpted hair this would make a great Heat custom.

COD-002-1.jpg

That is a huge improvement over the original paint application!

Back