Sideshow's General Grievous action figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sideshow has done a great job with the Star Wars license, and now they are tackling a mighty tough character in sixth scale format - General Grievous! I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the design of the articulation, but the overall figure is still pretty sweet. You'll find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

You wouldn't believe the pile of stuff I have waiting for a review right now - it's either flood or famine.

I don't really care what his opinion of the prequel trilogy is so why should I need to read it in a review about a figure?
Its not very professional IMO.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Review by nature is a matter of opinion.
starwars5script704.jpg
I'm glad your here to tell me these things...well maybe the review should be titled Sideshow's General Grievous action figure & the prequel bashing review.

Last edited:
I don't really care what his opinion of the prequel trilogy is so why should I need to read it in a review about a figure?
Its not very professional IMO.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

No reason you should do anything, but Mike is entitled to air his opinion... which is sadly right... the prequels do suck!

I'm glad your here to tell me these things...well maybe the review should be titled Sideshow's General Grievous action figure & the prequel bashing review.
Maybe get a thicker skin? Most fans don't like the prequels, so you should be kinda used to it by now. And like the last review where someone objected, it was one line. No need to throw the baby out with the bath water! :D

Great review Michael, as always. The figure looks to have turned out solid if a bit expensive, but I have to agree on, "the prequels are bad movies," and therefore Grievous will not be joining my collection.

Could resist no longer and ordered this today, for me it's just a stunning figure even without the Star Wars connection and I have a feeling that it's one of these figures that people will regret not having bought while they had the chance.

Maybe get a thicker skin? Most fans don't like the prequels, so you should be kinda used to it by now. And like the last review where someone objected, it was one line. No need to throw the baby out with the bath water! :D
Is there any factual basis to that blanket statement, or are you grounding your assertion in anecdotal evidence?

Sideshow has done a great job with the Star Wars license, and now they are tackling a mighty tough character in sixth scale format - General Grievous! I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the design of the articulation, but the overall figure is still pretty sweet. You'll find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Hm. Nice review, but it is (as far as I'm concerned) factually incorrect, regarding the ball joints in the lower and upper ankles, shoulders and wrists.

"(...) in fact, none of the balls you see are really ball joints. Instead, they are simple post joints, which allow the limb to turn. Because the ball is not split down the middle but is solid, there's no forward, backward or tilt movement possible.

This is the same with the shoulders, making it tough to do much with the arms other than raise and lower them straight up and down."

I have the figure, and those ball joints are "real" ball joints. They do move forward and backwards, as well as swivel at the posts. They're tight for sure, but they do move. Just figured it was worth pointing out, since it was one of your major issues with the product.

Im another one that thinks the prequels are mostly terrible, but i just like the design of this character, even though i hate the movie hes in. So im close to pulling the trigger on him.

Back