Sideshow to Distribute QMx Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Enterprise D by Art Asylum looks like their best ship yet, i can't wait to pick this up.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cU8g8ySX6Wo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cU8g8ySX6Wo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Figured i would post this here, since its Star Trek ship related news.

Thank you for the heads up Dave! I am really looking forward to this item although I probably cannot afford it. Just think it would great next to the MR Enterprise! Any idea of pricing?

Can't wait to see the smaller (and more "affordable") version.

Really looking to get some high quality stuff from this movie.

Looks like the studio scale model will be limited to 500 pieces with ordering taking place in September (for October shipping). There will be two editions: standard and SFX. Both built exactly the same, but the standard will NOT have a lighting system (but at a cheaper cost). If you are going to spend thousands, I would think you would want the lights!

Quantum Mechanix is now taking names for ordering of the USS ENTERPRISE Artisan Replica. It will be limited to 500 ships (either the SFX lighted version or unlighted model) with QMX Concierge service. Still no pricing, but actual orders will take place on September 30, 2009. Save your sheckels!

I was discussing the QMx Enterprise on the Statue Forum and heard some interesting info regarding pricing. This is all 3rd hand info, but it pegs the price point at around $1,500.00. I was surprised to hear this as I thought this ship was in the two grand area easy. It could be this might be a starting point for a model with no lights (although the member who mentioned it thought the 1,500.00 price tag was too high). I guess we'll find out in little over a month....

New Enterprise D by Art Asylum looks like their best ship yet, i can't wait to pick this up.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cU8g8ySX6Wo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cU8g8ySX6Wo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Figured i would post this here, since its Star Trek ship related news.

Oh dude! DO ppl here all have my taste?? haha I just picked this up today :D

Oh dude! DO ppl here all have my taste?? haha I just picked this up today :D

Its pretty awesome huh?..there is decals you can get from Art Asylum to go in the neck of the star drive..you just have to mail them an empty letter with the address they provide..the decals look pretty crappy though but, i will get them anyway.

Its pretty awesome huh?..there is decals you can get from Art Asylum to go in the neck of the star drive..you just have to mail them an empty letter with the address they provide..the decals look pretty crappy though but, i will get them anyway.

Remember I am a noob :D What is Art Asylum? The paint job is not the greatest and I was searching here to see if any threads are on for modding this baby :) Would be great to do a better paint job as well as fiber optic lighting kit.. Any pointers? I remember reading somewhere that AMT had one but not sure if I remember right :p

Remember I am a noob :D What is Art Asylum? The paint job is not the greatest and I was searching here to see if any threads are on for modding this baby :) Would be great to do a better paint job as well as fiber optic lighting kit.. Any pointers? I remember reading somewhere that AMT had one but not sure if I remember right :p

With this replica/toy, i have only seen pics on another forum of one that had the windows painted in with white randomly all over and it looked crappy IMO..I will just wait and see if Bandai ever starts making ships again..they would do a great job with this galaxy class ship and even the Excelsior.

Art Asylum(same company that made Enterprise D) will be releasing a Enterprise B and Excelsior soon i believe..from,what i hear Excelsior is delayed but, the B will be out before it strange as it sounds..its really only a modified Excelsior class ship.I am looking forward to these and a Klingon ship is coming soon as well.

Judging by this pic, they have the Excelsiors neck wrong..looks more slanted like the B should look, as the Excelsior had a non slanted neck(at least the NX-2000 did)..but, again there are quite a few modifications done to the filming model from Star Trek III to Star Trek VI..they gave it a new bridge module, two shield generators,aft part of the ship near the docking bay was changed as well.
IMG_0441.jpg

With this replica/toy, i have only seen pics on another forum of one that had the windows painted in with white randomly all over and it looked crappy IMO..I will just wait and see if Bandai ever starts making ships again..they would do a great job with this galaxy class ship and even the Excelsior.

Art Asylum(same company that made Enterprise D) will be releasing a Enterprise B and Excelsior soon i believe..from,what i hear Excelsior is delayed but, the B will be out before it strange as it sounds..its really only a modified Excelsior class ship.I am looking forward to these and a Klingon ship is coming soon as well.

Judging by this pic, they have the Excelsiors neck wrong..looks more slanted like the B should look, as the Excelsior had a non slanted neck..but, again there are quite a few modifications done to the filming model from Star Trek III to Star Trek VI..they gave it a new bridge module, two shield generators,aft part of the ship near the docking bay was changed as well.
IMG_0441.jpg

Oh got it, just found the website. I have not even really looked at the new toy I got :D Wow They are going to make the Enterprise D modded for "All good things" as well????? What have I gotten myself into!

Oh got it, just found the website. I have not even really looked at the new toy I got :D Wow They are going to make the Enterprise D modded for "All good things" as well????? What have I gotten myself into!

Yea, AGT Enterprise D is already out as well and there is no paint application errors on that one at all since they caught the error with the regular D when switching over to do the AGT batch.I know they are re-releasing The Wrath Of Khan Enterprise soon as well, I would say get that one if you are a fan of the ship, I have the first Enterprise A they released and while it has better sounds and effects, the paint job on TWOK version is much improved. Do not get the Enterprise E they made, it sucks..the blue in the nacelles does not light up at all.

Yea, AGT Enterprise D is already out as well and there is no paint application errors on that one at all since they caught the error with the regular D when switching over to do the AGT batch.I know they are re-releasing The Wrath Of Khan Enterprise soon as well, I would say get that one if you are a fan of the ship, I have the first Enterprise A they released and while it has better sounds and effects, the paint job on TWOK version is much improved. Do not get the Enterprise E they made, it sucks..the blue in the nacelles does not light up at all.

I just checked and I am glad I saw this D. The D has always been my favorite anyways and in a way AGT paint looks even more toyish so I was really lucky to just have picked the right one :banana
OMG Now I have tapped into almost all my childhood fascinations and the last one of the current ones would be Battlestar Galactica and I wouldn't mind getting the Viper and the Galactica of cause :):D
I think I got to start thinking about hanging cases lol

BTW since there really is no sense in denying this new addiction any other stores I should check out locally besides Toys2 and Planet X? :D

Last edited:
I just checked and I am glad I saw this D. The D has always been my favorite anyways and in a way AGT paint looks even more toyish so I was really lucky to just have picked the right one :banana
OMG Now I have tapped into almost all my childhood fascinations and the last one of the current ones would be Battlestar Galactica and I wouldn't mind getting the Viper and the Galactica of cause :):D
I think I got to start thinking about hanging cases lol

BTW since there really is no sense in denying this new addiction any other stores I should check out locally besides Toys2 and Planet X? :D

Oh you go to Planet X huh?..I take it the one on Hwy 7?, sometimes i hit that place but, the one on St.Clair near me(its where i got my Ent.D)..I can't really think of any other good places for collectibles in our surrounding area..Sliver Snail is pretty good..better prices there usually on certain things then Planet X.

Check out this thread, i posted some of the ships i currently own there.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62669&page=4&highlight=playmates

Check this too!
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48412&highlight=bandai&page=6

Last edited:
Anybody know whatever happened with the QMX Enterprise?

yeah, it's still coming. QMx wasn't happy with the initial engineering product (ie, what was shown at SDCC last year), so it went back and was reworked over with a whole array of improvements.

In theory the updated one should be at SDCC this year. Still no word on a actual pre-order date tho or a price, but then Serenity should give anyone a good ballpark idea on price.

yeah, it's still coming. QMx wasn't happy with the initial engineering product (ie, what was shown at SDCC last year), so it went back and was reworked over with a whole array of improvements.

In theory the updated one should be at SDCC this year. Still no word on a actual pre-order date tho or a price, but then Serenity should give anyone a good ballpark idea on price.

Thank you sir! The update is greatly appreciated, especially since its been ages since I've been to SDCC.

Back