Sideshow to Distribute QMx Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Sideshow to Distribute Newly Announced Line of Star Trek Collectibles From Quantum Mechanix!
Have you seen the new Star Trek movie yet? If so, let us know what you think about it in the comment section of this post. Plus, we have some very exciting news today for all the Trek fans out there: Quantum Mechanix has secured the license to create ship models and other collectibles based on the re-imagined Star Trek film! According to their press release, they have a 34-inch long Artisan Edition Studio-Scale U.S.S. Enterprise replica, with working lights and a screen-accurate paint job, already in the works! And the best news? Sideshow will be distributing the QMX Star Trek replicas and collectibles, so watch our Newsletters and website for more information and Pre-Ordering opportunities! [Browse Current QMX Items]

Can't wait to get see the stuff, I'm definitely interested in the Enterprise and reward points on top of it :rock

The Master Replicas Studio Scale Enterprise was $1,199.00....I would imagine that QMx's SS model would probably follow suit in terms of price.

The Master Replicas Studio Scale Enterprise was $1,199.00....I would imagine that QMx's SS model would probably follow suit in terms of price.

Its a little out of my price range considering that I wouldn't have anywhere to properly display it.

I doubt it. They said it would be an "Artisan" replica - handmade in the good ole US of A. That's how the Cylon Raider was done and it's $1000. So I'd imagine the Enterprise which is 3 times the size and more complex will be at least $2K.

The 10 inch ones will be manufactured in a more traditional manner - so they'll probably be priced far more reasonably.

Master Replicas had the Studio Scales license, in fact they are still taking Pre-Orders for their Enterprise. It looks like MR has the older Star Trek license and QMx has the new one. If there is a payment plan option I might have to bite since I had to pass on the Millennium Falcon and the X-Wing Fighter have regretted it ever since. I'd love to get the MF eventually and have the Enterprise to go with it.

One thing I didn't really care for was the new design of the Enterprise, so I doubt I would be interested in this. I still want to get the MR Enterprise though. It and the Millennium Falcon (which I have) are my two main wants for models.

I would love to order a decent scaled Enterprise through Sideshow. The MR one is awesome.

I love the MR Enterprise -and if the QMx is based on the version they did for the art project, it's a similar scale. They will make great companion pieces.

I think the new design keeps the best of the redesign of the movie Enterprise yet still makes it feel retro. Kind of like a Hot Rod version of the movie 1701.

Not arguing a genuine question, I've seen a couple of similar posts and am now wondering.

Back