Sideshow to Distribute QMx Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. QMx is doing it, Sideshow is distributing.
2. If you think Sideshow is a "so-so" company why join a Sideshow Fan forum?

Well not many people talk about sideshow, and sideshow doesn't make Batman figures (thank Goodness).

Well not many people talk about sideshow, and sideshow doesn't make Batman figures (thank Goodness).

Not many people talk about Sideshow? The only board on this forum where the main talk isn't primarily about Sideshow is the DC board and that is only because Sideshow doesn't have the DC license.

Not many people talk about Sideshow? The only board on this forum where the main talk isn't primarily about Sideshow is the DC board and that is only because Sideshow doesn't have the DC license.

That was a biased statement and I apologize. I only visit the DC board. Sorry for the biased statement again. :monkey2

Im glad we got this reboot. i was never a fan of the original treks, but now this new movie is all kinds of badass. Hope we get those phaser guns or whatever theyre called.

I honestly don't dig the new Enterprise design... everything on it looks good except for the thick part at the front of the Nacelles. If that was slimmed down I'd be on board, but as is it just looks too bulbous for my tastes.

Oh, and I'd guess around $2000 for this... its huge and QMX charges a pretty penny, but seem to do great work once their product eventually makes it to production.

I honestly don't dig the new Enterprise design... everything on it looks good except for the thick part at the front of the Nacelles. If that was slimmed down I'd be on board, but as is it just looks too bulbous for my tastes.

Oh, and I'd guess around $2000 for this... its huge and QMX charges a pretty penny, but seem to do great work once their product eventually makes it to production.

I must say that i love the look of the new enterprise, and yeap my guess would be $2000 :banghead

What do you think of the Playmates Enterprise? I saw it at Wal-Mart Yesterday and considered picking it up.

I like it. I'm gonna check Wally-Mart this weekend for them.

I remember a few years back when Playmates (?) brought out the DS9 Station, Voyager & Enterprise D.

For toys they were done very well.

I wish I had the room (not to mention money) for these studio scale items. I wanted the MR E, and the new E looks pretty good as well. I like both designs equally. It seems a little bland in the bright lighting in the last link that was posted, but I'm sure it looks great in person (and under dim lighting conditions).

:D:D:D
eprise-header4-filtered.jpg

I just ordered an MR Enterprise from an online shop and I am really looking forward to getting it. I was able to work out a payment plan which really, really helps. I should have this beauty in my collection in a month or so and I really look forward to finally getting it as I have been on the fence for a long, long time. I think my third viewing of the new film pretty much got me to bite. I LOVE the new film and can't wait to get it on DVD (hopefully soon). As for the QMX Enterprise, with Sideshow offering it and with the reward points I have as well as the flexpay they offer, I should be able to swing the payments.

Picked up the MR Enterprise through Cozmictoyz for $899.00. Jeff was great to deal with and very helpful in closing the deal. It is a beauty and I look forward to adding the QMX Enterprise next to her...

What do you think of the Playmates Enterprise? I saw it at Wal-Mart Yesterday and considered picking it up.

I picked it up at target a couple weeks ago for $18. The box is huge and you'd think there was a huge ship in there, but it's mostly empty space and a fully assembled Enterprise, not like the disassembled Art Asylum ships. The lack of display windows is a telltale sign that they don't want to show off the ship which is much smaller then I expected. The ship is poorly assembled with lots of gaps and unsightly battery covers (2, one on the underside of the saucer and one on the underside of the engineering hull). There's also some flash left over from the molds on the nacelles, and a ton of legalese writing all over the underside of the ship. the paint is also pretty bad with much of the ship unpainted plastic gray and missing finer details. What is painted is a little sloppy, especially on the very ends of the nacelles.
The light up feature is s^^t, there's only one button (bridge dome) and it simply randomly cycles through 4 phrases, there's also an on/of button on the underside. There's no way to keep the lights on without the phrases blasting loudly, and then they turn off once the sequence is done.
The lights are also crap, there's tons of bleed on the nacelles and saucer with light shining through the plastic where they're not supposed to.

Overall, I really wish I followed my instinct when in the store and cut open the damn box to check out the ship before I spent any money (Illegal I know, but it's a dirty trick to release a product like this with no way of seeing the actual product, especially since it's completely pre-assembled). I hope that Art Asylum gets to make a better but affordable version later on. At least I only spent $18 on the thing.

QMx is making a smaller "cheaper" version without lights.

QMx also plans to produce mid-scale replicas (~10 inches) of ships seen in the movie. These mid-scale replicas combine the best qualities of mass-produced studio-scale models – accurate design and hand-painted detailing – for a fraction of the price, offering the demanding collector a terrific value.

https://www.quantummechanix.com/Star_Trek.html

Last edited:
Back