Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kinda tired of people who keep talking about this overpriced statue.It seems all who ordered are willing to be toxic to defend their purchase.And no I am not jelous of you for ordering one bit .. maybe a little disgusted

You should probably not read the forums, quickly, quit while you're new!

And you're jealousy and salt is seeping a bit with the overpriced remark, don't need to admit it, assuming you missed the EX.

You should probably not read the forums, quickly, quit while you're new!

And you're jealousy and salt is seeping a bit with the overpriced remark, don't need to admit it, assuming you missed the EX.

jelousy and salt ? haha..if you wanted thanos on throne you should see me on toilet..2000$ easily

Wow ...this thread! Wonder in what direction this thread will go as we wait for this piece to get into people's hands? This will be an interesting read as I wait for my EX ...tell ya that much.

Everyone just needs to relax. We should happy for the ones who secured the EX. There is absolutely no need to start complaining about the price or blame SS for when they opened the PO or say nonsense like the EX head not necessary. Everyone just needs to take a deep breath.

It's gonna be a long year before this drops. If you missed out, like myself, you're also going to need to wait a year to see how much it'll be to acquire one. Mostly likey double the price at the VERY least. That's the price of 2-4PFs. So if you're really a Thanos fan then make the sacrifice. Or start selling old PFs and save up.

I will own the EX (I need grinning portrait) at some point and currently have the "collectors edition" on PO. I'm a fan and I'm willing to pay extra for it. There is just no need for negativity here. Majority of the people here are NOT the ones flipping and buying duplicates. Let's be civil please.

See, this is my problem with the ridiculous aftermarket prices people seem to be determined to give this Thanos MAQ. Will the EX be more than the REG in the aftermarket? Of course. Will it be $800 or more than the REG upon release. I doubt it. Here's the point most people around here are missing. Let's look at the early SSC grails. Start with Cap. The EX is a few hundred more than the REG. However, a REG will set you back about a G. Same with Gambit, Thor, and a few more of the older desirable PFs. This even applies to what many consider SSC's top grail. The OG Doom PF. The EX is worth more than the REG. However, a REG will set you back thousands of dollars. My point is simple. A grail is a statue where both the EX and the REG will set you back some serious coin. In all cases, the REG and the EX are both expensive and sought after. Name me any Ex SSC Marvel statue that sells for serious coin where the REG is still at or near retail. Can anyone think of one?

Now, I'm supposed to believe that Thanos' EX COH sets a new bar and is worth a minimal of $800 more in the aftermarket than the REG (in some cases $1800 more according to members on the forums), and the REG isn't sold out or even have an ES yet? Not to mention it's readily available at retail from numerous sources. There's only 2 sets of people who can believe this theory. Collectors who have the EX POd and flippers who want to sell you an EX Thanos MAQ for $2000 to $4000 right now. The hype train doesn't go fast enough for them. They want to turn it into a bullet train. Sorry, I'm not buying it. If the EX Thanos MAQ is selling North of $2000, then you can be sure the REG is sold out as well and selling for only a couple of hundred dollars less than the EX.

There's always someone willing to overpay for an EX. There'll always be some clueless collector who sooner or later hits the ridiculous BIN price for a statue on ebay because they can't wait or they fall for the hype. A smart collector is patient and waits for an auction or someone who's not trying to rape them on the forums. So, to all of you that want to drop $2000 or more for this EX now...go for it. It's your money.

Good Post. I totally get what your saying. But just know that this is no standard release. If anything it's Sideshow to blame for their hype on how good this piece will be. Me personally wouldn't pay silly asking for prices. The regular is fantastic and could not be bothered about trying to kill myself over a exclusive head sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone just needs to relax. We should happy for the ones who secured the EX. There is absolutely no need to start complaining about the price or blame SS for when they opened the PO or say nonsense like the EX head not necessary. Everyone just needs to take a deep breath.

It's gonna be a long year before this drops. If you missed out, like myself, you're also going to need to wait a year to see how much it'll be to acquire one. Mostly likey double the price at the VERY least. That's the price of 2-4PFs. So if you're really a Thanos fan then make the sacrifice. Or start selling old PFs and save up.

I will own the EX (I need grinning portrait) at some point and currently have the "collectors edition" on PO. I'm a fan and I'm willing to pay extra for it. There is just no need for negativity here. Majority of the people here are NOT the ones flipping and buying duplicates. Let's be civil please.

Good post ! I preordered the Collector's edition as well ( missed out on the exclusive) The grinning portrait is awesome no doubt.... it is the same statue! .... just different heads ...and the Collector's head is still a great sculpt

kinda tired of people who keep talking about this overpriced statue.It seems all who ordered are willing to be toxic to defend their purchase.And no I am not jelous of you for ordering one bit .. maybe a little disgusted

Not everyone is like that. There's only a select few that are truly rubbing it in. Peeps just have to be able to shrug that shyte off. Besides, there are a few members here who are taking things to the extreme on the other side as well. There were members here who wanted SSC to cancel the WL and give converted EXs to collectors who already ordered the REGs. You just gotta shake your head at both sides and let it go. Those that were fortunate enough to secure an EX have and awesome statue to look forward to. Hopefully, those that still managed to stay alive on the WL convert. Those that missed out and want the EX will have to pay to play in the aftermarket. Those that can't afford it, will miss out on it completely. That's just the way things will play out. I'm looking forward to about a year or so from now. Hopefully, we'll start seeing some incredible pics of the MAQ then and the conversation will be about what an amazing statue this turned out to be.

I think Sideshow's QC on this piece is going to be better than we've seen from them before. They're well aware that this price point is a big shift, and customers are going to demand an equal measure of perfection. I know I will.

I think Sideshow's QC on this piece is going to be better than we've seen from them before. They're well aware that this price point is a big shift, and customers are going to demand an equal measure of perfection. I know I will.

Agreed. And I'll be the first to admit, if QC sucks, I'll be sending it back. Not settling. I didn't more Gamora. Not going to for this piece. I'm paying way too much for this ****. :lol

Good Post. I totally get what your saying. But just know that this is no standard release. If anything it's Sideshow to blame for their hype on how good this piece will be. Me personally wouldn't pay silly asking for prices. The regular is fantastic and could not be bothered about trying to kill myself over a exclusive head sculpt.

Again, this is the hyped up mentality I'm talking about. "This piece is different". "This piece is special". Sorry, I'm not buying it. We have no proof that the EX will be the beast in the aftermarket peeps are saying it will be. What we have is hype and speculation. That's it. I've been collecting for a long time. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've read this statue is different. It's special. It's a grail right now. In the end, if a SSC Marvel statue did increase drastically in price, it did so over years.

A month before this statue releases, we'll start to see serious activity on the aftermarket for this MAQ. Here's my prediction. The collectors who are impatient and are riding the hype train will overpay for this piece. The seasoned collector will make a move in the first month or 2 and pick this up via forum members selling it, or at auction on ebay. At that point, we'll start to see a clearer picture of the price in the aftermarket for the EX. It will no doubt be selling for more than retail. Let's just see how much. Until then, I'm not going to fall for hype and speculation on the forums. For me, the proof has always been in the pudding.

Last edited:
If Sideshow would debut a new more robust packaging with this statue, that would be great. Probably not, but that sure would mitigate all the broken in shipping events. Also for a statue that is utterly, totally and absolutely identical in every way from Reg to Ex, accept for that great smiley head. If one does well, they will BOTH do well as a sought after piece.

Not everyone is like that. There's only a select few that are truly rubbing it in. Peeps just have to be able to shrug that shyte off. Besides, there are a few members here who are taking things to the extreme on the other side as well. There were members here who wanted SSC to cancel the WL and give converted EXs to collectors who already ordered the REGs. You just gotta shake your head at both sides and let it go. Those that were fortunate enough to secure an EX have and awesome statue to look forward to. Hopefully, those that still managed to stay alive on the WL convert. Those that missed out and want the EX will have to pay to play in the aftermarket. Those that can't afford it, will miss out on it completely. That's just the way things will play out. I'm looking forward to about a year or so from now. Hopefully, we'll start seeing some incredible pics of the MAQ then and the conversation will be about what an amazing statue this turned out to be.

Yeah what a crazy idea

Ur ridiculous.

Sour grapes

Btw they've upgraded people before look at the Doom PF

The people with the real problem are the sideline hos

Always complaining about price quality and the fact they missed out after the fact. Truly disgusting and most people are tired of their ********

I'm sorry u didn't get one... 1st world problems.

Boo hoo life goes on

Back