Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the first pieces I ordered was the Batman PF. The EX was sold out so I had to settle for a reg. Then shortly after placing my order the waitlist re-opened and I got on. It converted and they transferred the nrd over from the reg to the ex. They may have cancelled waitlisters for that one only to reopen it and let some noob get in front

I believe they actually sent out a mass email to most seasoned collectors

that's how I got one.

I had the EX on order... cancelled it

EX sold out

EX shipped out

1 week later I was given a second chance offer.

Silver Surfer Comiquette EX sat unsold on their website for months, it was up on second chance offering

[when I first started collecting] as a NOOB, I snagged the EX number 09 I believe, and now the Comiquette is most sought after

Everyone thought it was overpriced. It came with 3 portrait heads, 5 switchout arms, and a print $339.99 plus $25 shipping.

People want what they cant have.

Since I've joined the Sideshow forum, it's been a privilege to get to know people, learn from people, find good deals through people, share ups and downs with people, and I've even seen Hot Toys and others make items better because of people here. But I must say it's disappointing to see how negative some people can be here. People hoping others on WL don't convert, attitudes like " Exclusive or Bust, "I got an Ex, you can't get one, na na na na na" Really people? We are all so privileged to be able to afford a $1200 statue period! There are so many people who would love to be in our shoes. This is incredible to me. Grown men and women bickering about a STATUE. This does not pertain to everyone, but these people know who they are. If you have a problem, at the very least, offer a solution, that's respectful and that's how you make changes happen. Allow people to vent without adding fuel to the fire. A simple "sorry dude" would do. I wish I would have gotten an Ex, but I didn't and you know what, life goes on. I'm very happy for those that did and I hope their statues turn out wonderful. We need to keep in mind that WE are all very fortunate people. No matter how many EX were made, somebody's going to miss out, that's just the way it goes. Sorry about the long post.

anyways....

kudos to the people that have all 3...

enuff pity parties.. no one believes you anyways.

galactus_zpsafnnmlzh.png

I missed Galactus... thanks to these negative nancys.

That's happened to me a few times over the years....they cancel my WL only to open it up to orders again....lol. I don't think it really bothered me much at that point. I just thought it was an odd business move to do and it did piss lots of people off...

This thread certainly is interesting to say the least.....I truly believe if you are a fan of the character you need to order the reg now and get a custom head later when they come out......If the number on the bottom of the base is that important to you then maybe the character isn't that important in the first place...

For those commenting on the Doom on Throne...I did have it but found the only reason I had it was to say "I had it" as bragging rights since I had no connection to the character at all. I decided to sell it to someone who really wanted it. The piece is an amazingly well done piece and you can only appreciate it in person. Alas I had no connection and sold it...I have no connection to this character and such won't be getting either the reg or the ex.

I do believe many collectors are buying pieces purely as status symbols anymore, doing so is going to be costly and possibly financially irresponsible, so if you think you maybe are on of those, maybe take a step back and give your head a shake......just saying. it is only a statue after all....like it's been said...First world problems...lol

Well said quad. I think we all suffered from the "gotta have it" and the "keeping up the Jones" mentality at one point in this hobby. I purged my collection a few years ago and now stick to a pretty strict script. I kept the pieces that mean something to me and now add characters I have on my must have list. I love the new Red Sonja, Deadpool, and Huntress PFs but I passed on all of them. Sonja didn't fit the theme of my collection, I have the OG DP PF and don't need 2 DPs in my collection, I'm not a huge Huntress fan but think the PF looks so sweet. The decision to pass on Thanos wasn't as easy. I think the MAQ looks phenomenal but I couldn't justify two 1/4 Thanos statues in my collection. So, my love of the more classic vibe of the XM Thanos won out by a hair in the end.

I know I'm enjoying the hobby more now than I did before because I'm a more disciplined collector. The only thing raining on my parade nowadays is these rapid fire price increases. :gah: :lol

Well said quad. I think we all suffered from the "gotta have it" and the "keeping up the Jones" mentality at one point in this hobby. I purged my collection a few years ago and now stick to a pretty strict script. I kept the pieces that mean something to me and now add characters I have on my must have list. I love the new Red Sonja, Deadpool, and Huntress PFs but I passed on all of them. Sonja didn't fit the theme of my collection, I have the OG DP PF and don't need 2 DPs in my collection, I'm not a huge Huntress fan but think the PF looks so sweet. The decision to pass on Thanos wasn't as easy. I think the MAQ looks phenomenal but I couldn't justify two 1/4 Thanos statues in my collection. So, my love of the more classic vibe of the XM Thanos won out by a hair in the end.

I know I'm enjoying the hobby more now than I did before because I'm a more disciplined collector. The only thing raining on my parade nowadays is these rapid fire price increases. :gah: :lol

Man, I'm trying to be like you and purge my collection because I too tend to fall into the hype and collect pieces that really don't mean that much too me. I would find excuses to buy certain characters I didn't really care for. I'm going to purge a little here soon!

Man, I'm trying to be like you and purge my collection because I too tend to fall into the hype and collect pieces that really don't mean that much too me. I would find excuses to buy certain characters I didn't really care for. I'm going to purge a little here soon!

Trust me...most of us have been where you are. Once you get your collection to where you want it, collecting becomes more fun so long as you don't fall back into that same hype mentality again.

My fellow freaks... THIS is exactly what Thanos wanted... Freaks turning on each other. Brother against brother. As collectors we must stand together and be happy for those with Ex heads and for those without.

This is a killer piece wither way.

Hopefully the Reg does not have a permanently placed portrait so people can track down a custom head.

If I was a huge Thanos fan I would be crushed missing out on the Ex. But the Reg is such a great looking piece also. Be happy!

Looking at Thanos pics I do wish that "for the fans" SSC made the grinning head the Reg version and the other head the Ex. Even though I think the reg head looks better I can know Thanos is smiling 90% of time.

Either way... Congrats to all Thanos fans! I think this looks epic and hope it turns out as well as the proto.

Easier said then done :lol

Always. However, over the last 3 years, I only broke down and POd one statue that wasn't on my list. The EX Lobo PF. That said, I was a big Lobo fan back in the day. Hell, I even collected L.E.G.I.O.N. in the 90's because Lobo was in that comic. That's why I didn't feel so bad when I ordered it. After it arrived, I knew I made the right call. He's a stand alone piece on a nightstand in my collection room and I've been enjoying it ever since.

If there was gonna be a second gauntlet we would know about it already cause it's been up for order :lol

That's happened to me a few times over the years....they cancel my WL only to open it up to orders again....lol. I don't think it really bothered me much at that point. I just thought it was an odd business move to do and it did piss lots of people off...

This thread certainly is interesting to say the least.....I truly believe if you are a fan of the character you need to order the reg now and get a custom head later when they come out......If the number on the bottom of the base is that important to you then maybe the character isn't that important in the first place...

For those commenting on the Doom on Throne...I did have it but found the only reason I had it was to say "I had it" as bragging rights since I had no connection to the character at all. I decided to sell it to someone who really wanted it. The piece is an amazingly well done piece and you can only appreciate it in person. Alas I had no connection and sold it...I have no connection to this character and such won't be getting either the reg or the ex.

I do believe many collectors are buying pieces purely as status symbols anymore, doing so is going to be costly and possibly financially irresponsible, so if you think you maybe are on of those, maybe take a step back and give your head a shake......just saying. it is only a statue after all....like it's been said...First world problems...lol

Great Post quadcent!

I'm in total agreement if you love the character it's only natural to be pissed off you missed the order due to what ever reason for the exclusive even worse loosing out on the wait list also. I been there. I personally thought Black Panther by ZX was the most important statue for me to get this whole year! I'm so glad I did.

The Thanos statue is stellar but I'm not that connected with the character to want to sit by and wait for the pre order to happen. So I deep down I'm not that bothered missing the exclusive but at the same time I will gladly take the regular because only recently I've been looking at the history of Thanos. But congrats yet again to the ones that truly wanted him and secured their order.

PS if I ever missed out on Black Panther I would have cried like a lil *****!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had Doom on throne. Sold it after two weeks. The fabric sucked. He has a christmas ornament elastic string as a chain across his neck. The actual figure was boring to look at. It had no detail. The only saving grace of that statue was the throne. But even the mystery of the thrones details were derailed when Pablo Viggiano said there was no backstory to the details on the throne, on his facebook page, when someone asked about it. It was just the way they designed it. Nothing else to it. I have no regrets of selling that statue off. I bought the Sideshow turtles comiquettes instead with the money I sold him for. XM Magneto is way better in sculpt and detail, has a backstory, and heavily symbolic. Ive owned the piece going on 3 years now. He's going to pair well with Thanos. Especially both thrones colors will match the other perfectly.

Only people who still own Doom will say it's great. The Doom LSF is bigger and has a lot more details. Never got the hype.

Back