1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know Scout helmets like I do Stormtrooper armour, but I think there were a couple of different Scout helmets used in the film, similar to stunt and hero helmets for stormtroopers...?

That would explain it. And also make Sideshow's a more acceptable attempt!

Checking FedEx tracking it looks like my Scout will be arriving tomorrow, a day earlier than expected. :)

Why are we assuming HT won't be doing the scout and snowtrooper any time soon? Serious question. Are they sticking to ANH material for the foreseeable future?

Why are we assuming HT won't be doing the scout and snowtrooper any time soon? Serious question. Are they sticking to ANH material for the foreseeable future?

Both very recent releases by Sideshow, TFA product looming, plenty of other presumably more profitable products to be made from other hot properties. They have no compelling reason to re-do recent releases in the near-future.

It's not impossible but it is unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my Scout with my hasbro speeder bike.
ST1.jpg
ST2.jpg
ST3.jpg

Both very recent releases by Sideshow, TFA product looming, plenty of other presumably more profitable products to be made from other hot properties. They have no compelling reason to re-do recent releases in the near-future.

It's not impossible but it is unlikely.

Add to this the various other "films" Disney is releasing on Star Wars universe (i.e. Rogue One), and the need by HT for re-use (i.e. Luke trooper, Han trooper, etc) and you start to see how many figures they are going to be churning out.

That all said, nothing sells like troopers -- especially in Asia I suppose -- so Snowtrooper and Scout Trooper will be made, just likely not this year or early next year which means it won't be in your hand until sometime in 2017 at the earliest.

If you can wait a couple years, you'll be better off. If you can't, then you're a collector.

The curvature on the black eyepiece of the prop looks very dramatic compared to the Sideshow version.

However, here's a screenshot from ROTJ showing it to be more like the Sideshow:

Biker-Scout-Helmet%20-and-armor.jpg

Biker Scout Helmets and Costumes

There's either camera distortion or there are different helmets...

The screen used prop showing the curvature:

Star Wars Helmets Review of Original Biker Scout Trooper Helmet

Screen used prop similar to Sideshow's:

Biker Scout Comparisons

Sorry, in my comparison pics, the prop helmet is "looking up" more than the SSC 1/6 helmet is. So the forward facing curve of the black goggles becomes noticeable on the prop, making the top of the goggles appear curved. I'm guessing if you tilted the prop helmet down (to be like the SSC helmet) the top line would appear much straighter like the SSC is.

The pics I posted were solely to show the "mouth."

His legs aren't long enough to bend. The bike is to wide and his hip isn't wide enough.

Wow, that sucks for people planning to use the H-bike.

Can you twist his thighs to open them up then bend the knees? Bike doesn't look that thick in the seat that you can't do it. I don't think you're really trying.

I'll be able to test this in a couple of days, the hasbro bike is a bit wide but the sideshow figure should be taller and with more articulation so in theory should be able to sit a lot better

I'll be able to test this in a couple of days, the hasbro bike is a bit wide but the sideshow figure should be taller and with more articulation so in theory should be able to sit a lot better

Looking at redeye's picture I don't see the problem with seating him -- he just didn't do it. Looks like redeye's bike is broken, maybe that's the problem for him.

I don't imagine this Scout will look too pretty seated on the bike -- his head doesn't tip back far enough for a dramatic speeder pose, but I would think he can sit back and aim his little pop-gun OK on it.

Just picked this guy up with SUMM3R15. Will be flexing the bike next month. Despite the inaccuracies he looks great especially with the long rifle.

Looking at redeye's picture I don't see the problem with seating him -- he just didn't do it. Looks like redeye's bike is broken, maybe that's the problem for him.

I don't imagine this Scout will look too pretty seated on the bike -- his head doesn't tip back far enough for a dramatic speeder pose, but I would think he can sit back and aim his little pop-gun OK on it.

I was thinking a general grevious style neck mod , dremmeling a groove in the neck so the peg can tilt further but I might let the more expert modders do it first :)

Back