Statue Sideshow Rancor statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! I saw that video too. I didn't want to apply the glue directly to the Rancor though. I used the glue to make individual long strands of drool and then cut them to size with a scissors so the strands wedge between the teeth and drip out of his mouth.

this is a great idea!

Rancor1.jpg

Rancor2.jpg

Rancor3.jpg

Rancor4.jpg

Rancor5.jpg

Ooo! That smaller one is very tempting! Isn't in scale with anything I collect but at least I have space for it.

I don't mind if they want to do this kind of thing, choice is good and not everybody can house bigger statues, or wants smaller ones. But it'd be way better for all concerned if they put out both options at the same time!

I don't mind if they want to do this kind of thing, choice is good and not everybody can house bigger statues, or wants smaller ones. But it'd be way better for all concerned if they put out both options at the same time!

Thinking the same thing, the size and price to a lesser extent is what had me hold off on the larger one. I'm sure a few of the collectors who got the bigger one might of settled for the smaller one if it was an option.

I'll be keeping an eye on this and the price for this. I am happy to see the Rancor sold well though...would love for them to expand to other creatures in the OT and PT. A Wampa and Nexu would be awesome.

Thinking the same thing, the size and price to a lesser extent is what had me hold off on the larger one. I'm sure a few of the collectors who got the bigger one might of settled for the smaller one if it was an option.

I'll be keeping an eye on this and the price for this. I am happy to see the Rancor sold well though...would love for them to expand to other creatures in the OT and PT. A Wampa and Nexu would be awesome.

A 1/6 Wampa would be amazing

They should have just made 2500 of the larger Rancor instead. I would have bought it later on down the road. They normally do larger runs anyway. lol. Guess at 1300es they figured they made enough charging so much for essentially a large 12' scale creature figure.

Very bizarre move by SS. Something they're known for I guess.

Did anyone get the Art Print of the Rancor??

Was thinking about getting that and using as a backdrop for my Jabba display.

This new release is pretty much the same size as the Gentle Giant one. (I own that piece & just went and measured it.) For scale, the Rancor Keeper it comes with measures around 6.5" tall. (Though of note: According to Wookiepedia, Malakili is 1.72 meters tall, so roughly 5' 5" in the real world--kinda short for a male human.)

This all seems to indicate that this rancor is somewhere around 1/12 scale. Hence, I would think a Black Series figure would correspond well next to this piece.

I agree. They really should just be up front about stuff like this and just say they were going to make two different sizes of the same statue. Clearly they knew but for whatever reason chose to wait until after a numbered edition sold through to disclose the smaller sized one which feels a bit dishonest/sleazy. Ironically the new smaller one is a bit of a market combination of their own huge statue and the Regal Robot.

Back