Statue Sideshow Rancor statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. They really should just be up front about stuff like this and just say they were going to make two different sizes of the same statue. Clearly they knew but for whatever reason chose to wait until after a numbered edition sold through to disclose the smaller sized one which feels a bit dishonest/sleazy. Ironically the new smaller one is a bit of a market combination of their own huge statue and the Regal Robot.

Personally, I think it's more likely that they saw the first one sell out and heard a lot of feedback from others that it was just too big and combined those two things into the decision to release a smaller one. Even if they knew they were going to release it later on, they are a business and it's a solid marketing strategy for them. I'm good with it. I am still on the wait list for the large Rancor even though A) It's too expensive and B) I don't currently have shelf space for it. I wouldn't get the smaller version because it wouldn't really go anywhere in my collection. It's kind of like the 1/2 scale Yoda in that regard. Wonderful statue, but doesn't scale with anything else I have...

After seeing these pics I really hope I still can get hold of one in Europe at retail price

It's a menacing piece, Okieh... hope you're able to acquire one too.

They made a 16 inch version
View attachment 512555

Great option for those that collect 1/12 scale or maybe even 3.75" figs, but i agree this should have been an option early on for those who would have preferred the smaller one. Also they should've made the base too... just grabbing sales on those that couldn't get the Regal Robot one.

Wish rather than going smaller they went bigger so that it would scale correctly with 1/4 scale statues, rather than being 1/6.

Wish rather than going smaller they went bigger so that it would scale correctly with 1/4 scale statues, rather than being 1/6.

Now THAT would be an impressive piece. Considering the current large version is closer to 1/7th, a true 1/4 scale would be the size of a life size statue... Now I want one! :)

Is anyone else here still waiting for the deluxe Rancor statue to arrive / be delivered?

For those Aussies out there that ordered the Rancor from pop culture in geelong there shipping the item

Back