Statue Sideshow Rancor statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sucks cuz a statue like this has to be either a custom display or on the ground. I didn't buy it cuz, no room and you drop that thing, its hollow. I had a gg tuskin raider on that creature with the big lips. It was hollow and it dropped and that was the end of that collectible. I was bummed. I got a steal of a price on it too. Brand new. Next day it was worthless. I still think about that day LOL.

Sucks cuz a statue like this has to be either a custom display or on the ground. I didn't buy it cuz, no room and you drop that thing, its hollow. I had a gg tuskin raider on that creature with the big lips. It was hollow and it dropped and that was the end of that collectible. I was bummed. I got a steal of a price on it too. Brand new. Next day it was worthless. I still think about that day LOL.

Yeah, I think we all have horror stories like that. My worst was the Palps PF dropping when I was rearranging my highest shelf. There was this Zack Snyderesque slow motion moment as he tumbled to the ground. Fortunately, mine wasn?t ruined as a little glue and the fact he can sit and the damage was obscured by the robes definitely saved me the ultimate sadness that you experienced...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest I think this fiberglass Rancor is more durable than a solid polystone one would be. I think the fiberglass is less likely to chip. And if a statue somehow falls to the ground I don't think it matters whether it's poly or fiberglass, the result isn't going to be good.

All that said I do love the weight of a solid polystone statue. For example I have the Iron Studios IW Thanos and the Endgame Thanos. I love the weight of the IW version vs. the hollow Endgame and I wish all my polystone statues were solid. But this Rancor is a little different with his awkward arms and staggered pose. I think solid poly would be too heavy and I wouldn't want hollow poly. This is my first fiberglass statue and I'm impressed with the material and the way Sideshow executed the screws to secure the parts.

Anywhere have this available still? I joined the waitlist today, but I’m not sure it’ll convert.

Off the cutting room floor...an old snack
917990b9b2b74211b3fca96381bcfb9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Been doing a bit of comparing the Sideshow to the Regal Robot via video and pictures. Paradox Nerd has done some good videos on both pieces if interested. The Regal Robot is obviously extremely accurate to the puppet which is awesome. I do think they spiffed the on-screen Rancor up a bit though. I like the brown paint and the claw paint better on the Regal Robot for sure. I do prefer the teeth of the Sideshow. Ultimately the Sideshow was the easy choice for me because of price and scale that both impresses and fits into a 1/6 collection.

I don't think I'll ever have it repainted as I am satisfied with Sideshow's work on this, but there are some more simple mods I am working on to help improve the accuracy of the Sideshow. I have stuff currently on order to add some drool drip to his mouth and a chain to his bracelet(it's beyond me why Sideshow didn't do these things). Today I added detail to his earing that I didn't know existed until seeing the Regal Robot.

If you want to add this yourself it's very simple, the plastic Sideshow earing pretty easily pops off. Just get yourself some fine 32 gauge wire, remove the earing, tightly wrap the wire, and pop it back on.
316f49cd3140309b38cf3ac60739870a.jpg
5f455cb5960791023a7d8850cbb1cd54.jpg

I'll be unboxing mine tonight and this easy earring mod is def something I will do. Thankyou

Happy to see this doing well.

Hopefully the success of this beast will encourage SS to tackle other SW monsters.

.75" keychain rings attached to the bracelet with a twist tie. Think I still want to dry brush with some gunmetal paint.
4b0b6f79c07184d9cd0f0eae9522fb75.jpg
cae0d8a7c2188a885fbb8ffbbbc703bc.jpg

Just unboxed my rancor and looks amazing. Will take some pics when I get him out again to mod, but he's reboxed for a couple of weeks. I seen a video of a gentleman who used clear gorilla glue around the mouth area to give it that druel look. So might do this mod too as it looked great. This thing is huge and very impressive I must say.

Just unboxed my rancor and looks amazing. Will take some pics when I get him out again to mod, but he's reboxed for a couple of weeks. I seen a video of a gentleman who used clear gorilla glue around the mouth area to give it that druel look. So might do this mod too as it looked great. This thing is huge and very impressive I must say.

Congrats! I saw that video too. I didn't want to apply the glue directly to the Rancor though. I used the glue to make individual long strands of drool and then cut them to size with a scissors so the strands wedge between the teeth and drip out of his mouth.

Congrats! I saw that video too. I didn't want to apply the glue directly to the Rancor though. I used the glue to make individual long strands of drool and then cut them to size with a scissors so the strands wedge between the teeth and drip out of his mouth.

Yer I was actually thinking of doing something similar to this or even use a glue gun for the strands. I wasn't sure how the glue later down the line would react if adding it direct. I will have a ponder before deciding which to do.

Back