Sideshow No Longer Issuing Iron Spiderman Replacements

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow out of Iron Spiderman Replacements

Well then, SS should amend their satisfaction guaranteed return policy on their website if they are not going to be making as many replacements and then take the appropriate steps to either lower prices or work to improve their QC at the factory level or else find a new one. If Bowen Designs can realize they have factory issues and address it publicly on their website that one of the factories they use has had quality issues that are so bad they will no longer use them Sideshow should be able to address it publicly as well.

Other statue companies don't seem to have nearly as many issues with quality control with larger manufacturing runs of smaller and cheaper statues than Sideshow does and yet Sideshow seems to be getting a free pass by many collectors. If Sideshow doesn't get the message that sub-par quality it not acceptable for their prices, they will never improve and people will start settling for complacency. I could live with something around a $100 that has small issues but not when you are paying at least triple that cost.

I used to collect a lot of more of the Bowen pieces and still have more of their busts and statues than Sideshow. I have one Bowen piece that has a paint flaw yet I have lost count of all the issues I have had with Sideshow's products. That says something to me about the two companies.

I just got off the phone with Sideshow's Return Department, and I wanted to clear up ANY misconceptions that may be "floating around."

Sideshow is NO LONGER ISSUING REPLACEMENTS for the Exclusive versions, meaning that if you haven't received a RMA number and/or a Pre-Paid Return Postage form, there are no replacements left to cover your claim. This does not mean that there are no replacements for those customer's claims that already got approved. I don't know if this applies to those with the regular version because I only bought the Exclusive Version. (So I don't want assume anything at this point, in efforts to reduce any "he said, she said.")

For those of you who DID receive a RMA number, THERE IS A REPLACEMENT SET ASIDE FOR YOU. Even if you've received the label, but haven't had the time to send it back yet, YOU STILL HAVE A REPLACEMENT SET ASIDE FOR YOU. There should be no cases of "oh, by the time Sideshow received my return, they were out of replacements."

The way it works is Sideshow has "x" amount of replacements. As a customer claim for an exchange/replacement is approved, they set a one aside for you. So now, there would be only "x-1" replacements left. Once Sideshow has approved "x" amount of replacement approvals to match the "x" amount of replacements sitting in their warehouse, the replacement process is no longer available for that line/version of statue/piece. Thus there should be no incidents where someone sent back their damaged original to receive a replacement, yet no replacements were left. This will not be the case because a replacement is waiting for you, reserved with your name/account # on it.

No one was disputing that people with RMA's weren't getting a replacement but just saying that they were already out of available replacements.

No one was disputing that people with RMA's weren't getting a replacement but just saying that they were already out of available replacements.

I misinterpreted your initial statement, Natrix. That was my fault. I understand where you're coming from. :rock

However, there were a few members (including myself) concerned that even if they did receive a replacement approval and sent it back, would they still get a replacement or was there a chance that they would be "out of luck" even though they were approved for one. I was under the assumption that it was a "first come, first serve" policy, favoring those who returned their piece quicker. This is not the case though.

They do stand by their satisfaction guaranteed return policy with a full refund. As stated on their website:

"Due to the limited edition nature of our product, we cannot guarantee that the item(s) can be replaced at the time of return or that damaged specific edition numbers can be replaced with the same number. In this case, we would offer a full refund of the purchase price (US$)."

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=106

Well then, SS should amend their satisfaction guaranteed return policy on their website if they are not going to be making as many replacements and then take the appropriate steps to either lower prices or work to improve their QC at the factory level or else find a new one. If Bowen Designs can realize they have factory issues and address it publicly on their website that one of the factories they use has had quality issues that are so bad they will no longer use them Sideshow should be able to address it publicly as well.

Other statue companies don't seem to have nearly as many issues with quality control with larger manufacturing runs of smaller and cheaper statues than Sideshow does and yet Sideshow seems to be getting a free pass by many collectors. If Sideshow doesn't get the message that sub-par quality it not acceptable for their prices, they will never improve and people will start settling for complacency. I could live with something around a $100 that has small issues but not when you are paying at least triple that cost.

I used to collect a lot of more of the Bowen pieces and still have more of their busts and statues than Sideshow. I have one Bowen piece that has a paint flaw yet I have lost count of all the issues I have had with Sideshow's products. That says something to me about the two companies.

They do stand by their satisfaction guaranteed return policy with a full refund. As stated on their website:

"Due to the limited edition nature of our product, we cannot guarantee that the item(s) can be replaced at the time of return or that damaged specific edition numbers can be replaced with the same number. In this case, we would offer a full refund of the purchase price (US$)."

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=106

They do issue refunds, but when I buy a statue my intention is to keep it if I really like it. This statue I really like. If it was something that I really don't hold in high regards, I wouldn't mind sending it back for a refund.

Of course I agree that if you hold a statue to a magnifying glass you are going to find flaws. Nothing is 100% perfect when your intention is looking for damge. Its in the eye of the beholder man everybody is different, some people can live with the same stuff that other people cant. As I said I could live with a couple of hairline scratches or even the chip that I didnt take a picture of on my statue. But when there is a flaw that is very noticeable and your not comfortable with it, of course you want to take advantage of the option that is given to you to exchange it. Its just disappointing when your told "return it or keep it, thats all you get". I could see if I waited close before I decide to send it but only after having it a couple days is the most irritating part.

I understand that the flaw I have doesnt compare to people who may recieve statues that are more damaged, maybe even broken. I definitely hope those people get theirs exchanged. But that doesnt invalidate my point. If you spend $300 in hard earned money then your spending it for the ease of mind knowing your gonna be taken care of in case something is wrong (without having to return back what you bought).

I will say that even though I am bugged with this situation, Sideshows customer service were tolerant and friendly with me. But as of now when I order a statue I really like my confidence in knowing that I can trust in the quality of and the exchanging of that statue to my satisfaction (and Im not picky), has gone down.

Some people will understand and some people won't, either way it is what it is. I like this statue and I don't want to return it. My only option now is to fix it. So Be It....

I agree, I haven't sold anything on this board because all the pieces I've acquired are all-time life keepers for me or maybe passed down to my children and then when I'm gone they can do anything want with them but back to the point, if I was a seller that's an absolute nightmare to have every little etch and defect scrutinized... No statue is 100% flawless and you're bound to find something wrong with it if u keep looking!

That is exactly how I feel man. These statues that I am buying Im planning on keeping for a long time, unless finances call for otherwise....

try online stores...they sell them. I think they have to ship it UPS tho.

I might be mistaken but if they are recommending Tamiya. The only paint that would match is "Gold Leaf". Im not 100%, but that should make it alot easier for you. And you can find the paint in any online store that sells Gundam. If you still have a hard time PM me and I can get it locally and mail it to help ya.

Thanks guys, thats what Im planning on doing. I found the paint for my SIM on ebay for like $2.50. But as I said im not sure what gold would match so I may end up buying the different golds there are hopefully finding the one that matches....

Thats right, there were no intentions on misleading people.....those who are getting replacements are still gonna get em
:peace

They do issue refunds, but when I buy a statue my intention is to keep it if I really like it. This statue I really like. If it was something that I really don't hold in high regards, I wouldn't mind sending it back for a refund.

Of course I agree that if you hold a statue to a magnifying glass you are going to find flaws. Nothing is 100% perfect when your intention is looking for damge. Its in the eye of the beholder man everybody is different, some people can live with the same stuff that other people cant. As I said I could live with a couple of hairline scratches or even the chip that I didnt take a picture of on my statue. But when there is a flaw that is very noticeable and your not comfortable with it, of course you want to take advantage of the option that is given to you to exchange it. Its just disappointing when your told "return it or keep it, thats all you get". I could see if I waited close before I decide to send it but only after having it a couple days is the most irritating part.

I understand that the flaw I have doesnt compare to people who may recieve statues that are more damaged, maybe even broken. I definitely hope those people get theirs exchanged. But that doesnt invalidate my point. If you spend $300 in hard earned money then your spending it for the ease of mind knowing your gonna be taken care of in case something is wrong (without having to return back what you bought).

I will say that even though I am bugged with this situation, Sideshows customer service were tolerant and friendly with me. But as of now when I order a statue I really like my confidence in knowing that I can trust in the quality of and the exchanging of that statue to my satisfaction (and Im not picky), has gone down.

Some people will understand and some people won't, either way it is what it is. I like this statue and I don't want to return it. My only option now is to fix it. So Be It....

I feel you man. I've never doubted sideshow especially for their customer service but it kind of makes you hesitate just a little bit now to order something that expensive from them thinking about their lack in quality control.

Especially now that they offer the 1:1 scale life size iron man bust for a discount because of paint flaws?? If I were to ever run a business, I would never do something like that. Either fix it and then sell it, give it away as promotional items, etc. But to advertise and sell flawed products really ruins the image of a business in my opinion.

I call bullcrap on anyone saying that we should live and be fine with flaws in our statues. Imo it depends what the flaw is and where it is located on the statue. something where it wont be seen while on display is understandable, but something on the statues main areas such as face, body, or visible appendages warrants a replacement.

If you really feel strongly that people asking for a replacement are being too picky, then how about you trade your mint one for their flawed one?

I call bullcrap on anyone saying that we should live and be fine with flaws in our statues. Imo it depends what the flaw is and where it is located on the statue. something where it wont be seen while on display is understandable, but something on the statues main areas such as face, body, or visible appendages warrants a replacement.

If you really feel strongly that people asking for a replacement are being too picky, then how about you trade your mint one for their flawed one?

Thats exactly how I feel. Basically being told im gonna have to live with it is what pisses me off the most. A $300 flaw :mad:

I'm glad I cancelled my exclusive. I would have been aggravated if this happened to me.

This kind of stuff is getting out of control.

Thanks guys, thats what Im planning on doing. I found the paint for my SIM on ebay for like $2.50. But as I said im not sure what gold would match so I may end up buying the different golds there are hopefully finding the one that matches....

Another thing with this...If they are recommending Tamiya which is primarily arcylic paints that could be a problem. I wasnt aware These statues were painted with arcylic. Arcylic paint is water based. It is not durable and very prone to scratches and chipping if its not top coated correctly which is also very time consuming.

Just my opinion, but glossy finish and metallic paints should always be done with enamel or even lacquer as they bite into the statue more and are also far more durable. Maybe if they made this switch we wouldnt see all these paint problems.

Thats right, there were no intentions on misleading people.....those who are getting replacements are still gonna get em
:peace

No, I understand where you're coming from, but many people are getting the wrong idea that Sideshow is out of replacements, including replacements for those who already filed and were granted an exchange. (But again, I understand your point. :peace)

I just think the statement "Sideshow is out of replacements" is very misleading and not entirely true, specifically to people like me who got a return label but haven't sent their statue back yet. There are replacements left, but they're on hold for those whose exchange requests were granted. If one individual cancels, then someone else will have the opportunity at one of the replacements.

From my perspective, after reading the statement "Sideshow is out of replacements," I almost contemplated not returning it for fear of being out of a Iron Spider-Man comiquette all together. After reading a few other posts of people in my situation, they too questioned their chance of getting one, even after receiving an RMA number like I did. That's why I called today, in order to elaborate on the initial claims.

No, I understand where you're coming from, but many people are getting the wrong idea that Sideshow is out of replacements, including replacements for those who already filed and were granted an exchange. (But again, I understand your point. :peace)

I just think the statement "Sideshow is out of replacements" is very misleading and not entirely true, specifically to people like me who got a return label but haven't sent their statue back yet. There are replacements left, but they're on hold for those whose exchange requests were granted. If one individual cancels, then someone else will have the opportunity at one of the replacements.

From my perspective, after reading the statement "Sideshow is out of replacements," I almost contemplated not returning it for fear of being out of a Iron Spider-Man comiquette all together. After reading a few other posts of people in my situation, they too questioned their chance of getting one, even after receiving an RMA number like I did. That's why I called today, in order to elaborate on the initial claims.

I understand but its not totally misleading. It could be changed to "sideshow no longer issuing replacements" that might be better I agree. Regardless, there are no more replacements for anyone else. I too don't know about the reg. version as I got the exclusive. But when I called and asked about the FlexPays, exclusives, and regulars, if there are any held for them, she told me that all replacements were exhausted they didnt have anymore to send out.....

But I did try to change the title though, hope that helps a bit....I dont think it'll change in the thread though

Just checked it only changed on my 1st initial post

I understand but its not totally misleading. It could be changed to "sideshow no longer issuing replacements" that might be better I agree. Regardless, there are no more replacements for anyone else. I too don't know about the reg. version as I got the exclusive. But when I called and asked about the FlexPays, exclusives, and regulars, if there are any held for them, she told me that all replacements were exhausted they didnt have anymore to send out.....

But I did try to change the title though, hope that helps a bit....I dont think it'll change in the thread though

Just checked it only changed on my 1st initial post

We're cool. :rock Don't worry about it. It was a misunderstanding and I recognize that. But I will say I've read other posts from members that were wondering the same thing, which is why I called Sideshow themselves. I wanted to post to clear up any further questions about the matter. (Hence all of the underlining and caps lock, to make everything a little more clear. :lol)

I just hope everything works out for those of us who received damaged comiquettes, whether a refund or replacement is issued. :rock

We're cool. :rock Don't worry about it. It was a misunderstanding and I recognize that. But I will say I've read other posts from members that were wondering the same thing, which is why I called Sideshow themselves. I wanted to post to clear up any further questions about the matter. (Hence all of the underlining and caps lock, to make everything a little more clear. :lol)

I just hope everything works out for those of us who received damaged comiquettes, whether a refund or replacement is issued. :rock

No doubt bro :joy hope your replacement comes in mint buddy

No doubt bro :joy hope your replacement comes in mint buddy

Did you ask Sideshow if they could put you on a "wait list" for replacements? I know that sounds weird, but I have read here and on another forum that people settled for a small refund and canceled their replacement request, meaning someone has to "move" up on that list.

Did you ask Sideshow if they could put you on a "wait list" for replacements? I know that sounds weird, but I have read here and on another forum that people settled for a small refund and canceled their replacement request, meaning someone has to "move" up on that list.

After all my questions I hadnt thought about that. I mean I assume were all put on a list as soon as they receive the email with your pics. I'll make a note to do that tomorrow, plus send an email right now. Thats why I have not taken the partial refund yet cause you never know we may get lucky :naughty

Back