Sideshow No Longer Issuing Iron Spiderman Replacements

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has this ever happened to you. Have you ever been faced with not having a collectible you wanted, and paid for. I've stopped buying PF's because of this. Three in a row, and I'm out. Don't you think that costs the company more than keeping loyal customers happy? Stealth Iron Man, Thor Premium Format, and Iron Spiderman. I have no faith that they can deliver me a mint piece anymore, so I stick to the other stuff.:peace

Thats the solution. I have items I collect that I'm not 100% satisfied and kept. I had items I looked at and sent back. I had items on order that I cancelled prior to shipping because of problems. So yes, I experience a gammut of problems like every collector.

Have I ever cried like a spoiled baby when a company offers me a full refund and I didn't think that was enough? No.

I complain about problems all the time, but I know I have a choice to refund or not refund. Demanding SSC to take back my item, pay for return shipping, pay for it to be fixed, pay to have shipped to me a 2nd time? Never quite stooped down there. I realize that's a hardship that will later burn me in the price of all my future purchases from them. Its better to just accept their refund and let them sell it to someone else.

Last edited:
Can you guys imagine if every collector not only passed on or returned items for refunds, but actually DEMANDED replacements for everything? No product would be immune because everyone would just hand cuff SSC to getting everything 100% perfect. Any company would die immediately just from the loss on the shipping costs!

Thats the solution. I have items I collect that I'm not 100% satisfied and kept. I had items I looked at and sent back. I had items on order that I cancelled prior to shipping because of problems. So yes, I experience a gammut of problems like every collector.

Have I ever cried like a spoiled baby when a company offers me a full refund and I didn't think that was enough? No.

I complain about problems all the time, but I know I have a choice to refund or not refund. Demanding SSC to take back my item, pay for return shipping, pay for it to be fixed, pay to have shipped to me a 2nd time? Never quite stooped down there. I realize that's a hardship that will later burn me in the price of all my future purchases from them. Its better to just accept their refund and let them sell it to someone else.

I agree with you, but it still sucks. It's either Ebay(which can be shady), or Here(where no one sells the great pieces that often) for a premium item. And one more thing, the refunds they have offered me have differed in amounts greatly. I would love to see their scale as to how much $ a certain amount of damage is worth.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I do indeed symphathize that it sucks that an item you wanted turned out subpar. I just don't agree with the need for SSC to do anything more than refund you 100% of the cost.

For partial refunds, I bet part of it has to do with whether they think it will resell through their website. So part of it might have to do with popularity of the overall product rather than the specific damage.

IE they probably know they can sell a chipped Iron Man and not a chipped Van Helsing.

I just got this email from SS today......

Thank you for your patience during the returns process with Sideshow. We wanted to follow up with you today to confirm that your returned product (Iron Spiderman Comiquette Exclusive) has been received and your replacement order ******* will be shipping shortly.

Please anticipate an automated email in the next 7 to 14 business days from our shipping department with your tracking information.

As always, please feel free to let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

what if your replacement is worse than the one you initially sent back? :lol

what if your replacement is worse than the one you initially sent back? :lol

I'm sure that happened a lot with SIM.

It wouldn't surprise me if SSC gets them in, looks at them, says "thats not that bad" and puts them in the queue as replacers.

And I guess thats the crux of my issue. If they don't at some point cut people off and say "alright it is what it is, take it or leave it folks" (in much friendlier terms than I can achieve) they are exchanging perpetually the same items and handing all their profits over to UPS and FedEX.

I have 0 problem with SSC setting an estimated amount, say 3% aside to fix and put aside the shipping costs for that percent aside in a budget. But if the returns become drastically more than that then for the sake of their financial situation they need a cap to what they can do.

Last edited:
When you live abroad it's horrible to have to destroy a statue to get a replacement as it would obviously be far better if they could repaint it or fix it then ship it back out. Sadly I've had to do this on several occasions (Ex Thing, Blac Cat AH, SIM) but it can't be avoided. Can you imagine how much it'd cost to send a Thing or Hulk PFF back to the US??

I'm sure that happened a lot with SIM.

It wouldn't surprise me if SSC gets them in, looks at them, says "thats not that bad" and puts them in the queue as replacers.

And I guess thats the crux of my issue. If they don't at some point cut people off and say "alright it is what it is, take it or leave it folks" (in much friendlier terms than I can achieve) they are exchanging perpetually the same items and handing all their profits over to UPS and FedEX.

I have 0 problem with SSC setting an estimated amount, say 3% aside to fix and put aside the shipping costs for that percent aside in a budget. But if the returns become drastically more than that then for the sake of their financial situation they need a cap to what they can do.

True but I think youre putting all of the blame on the customer. If Sideshow stepped their ^^^^ up and caught this at the factory level, none of us would have to deal with it with exception to the rare shipping mishap.

Then, I send it back for a full refund and wait to find one on Ebay for retail or cheaper in about a few months.

Good luck with that. this thing is already above retail even when most people havent got theirs yet. Most items that jump up as soon as it is released tend to go up and never come back down.

Thor is the exception, but this is spider-man and part of civil war which more people are fans of.

Then, I send it back for a full refund and wait to find one on Ebay for retail or cheaper in about a few months.

Chap,

I cancelled my Waitlist...too much craziness for me with these paint issues plus I started swinging the other way (ewww) with my thoughts on this piece.

He might end up statue of the year, and well deserved I might add, but I started thinking that the only Spidey I want in my collection is the PF.

I want Spidey to just look like....well, you know......like Spiderman.

However i'm more than confident that I will be getting the Classic IM and Rommel's War Machine based on final product pics.

Still though, this Iron Spidey does look bad ass!

True but I think youre putting all of the blame on the customer. If Sideshow stepped their ^^^^ up and caught this at the factory level, none of us would have to deal with it with exception to the rare shipping mishap.

Agreed 1000000000000000000000000000000%%%%. :D

Its just too late for that now, the ship has sailed. :monkey2

And I'm not blaming the customer. I'm not saying the customer should pay anything. I just think they need to be satisfied getting their money back. Not a happy situation, but the customer isn't really losing either.

Good luck with that. this thing is already above retail even when most people havent got theirs yet. Most items that jump up as soon as it is released tend to go up and never come back down.

Thor is the exception, but this is spider-man and part of civil war which more people are fans of.

It's not that hard for me. I have a connection. :D

Chap,

I cancelled my Waitlist...too much craziness for me with these paint issues plus I started swinging the other way (ewww) with my thoughts on this piece.

He might end up statue of the year, and well deserved I might add, but I started thinking that the only Spidey I want in my collection is the PF.

I want Spidey to just look like....well, you know......like Spiderman.

However i'm more than confident that I will be getting the Classic IM and Rommel's War Machine based on final product pics.

Still though, this Iron Spidey does look bad ass!

You definitely have a point about the craziness. And since you already have the Spidey PF, you have my approval. :cool: :lol

Agreed 1000000000000000000000000000000%%%%. :D

Its just too late for that now, the ship has sailed. :monkey2

And I'm not blaming the customer. I'm not saying the customer should pay anything. I just think they need to be satisfied getting their money back. Not a happy situation, but the customer isn't really losing either.

Yes they are losing, because now they are not getting a statue that they want and were willing to pay good money for in their collection. Yes, they get a full refund but still have a hole in their collection of something they wanted.

Yes they are losing, because now they are not getting a statue that they want and were willing to pay good money for in their collection. Yes, they get a full refund but still have a hole in their collection of something they wanted.

I think that sucks but it is not losing anymore than anyone else that passes on any item over lack of quality or value...which unfortunately is happening more and more for SSC.

Back