Sideshow No Longer Issuing Iron Spiderman Replacements

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow out of Iron Spiderman Replacements

After all my questions I hadnt thought about that. I mean I assume were all put on a list as soon as they receive the email with your pics. I'll make a note to do that tomorrow, plus send an email right now. Thats why I have not taken the partial refund yet cause you never know we may get lucky :naughty

Exactly. I wouldn't count yourself out just yet.

Crap, just recieved mine and finish checking there is a paint chip on the butt area. It's not really noticible but it's really bugging me.

Crap, just recieved mine and finish checking there is a paint chip on the butt area. It's not really noticible but it's really bugging me.

I'm sorry to hear that. You're not the only one, so jump on the "list." (If there is such a thing.) The sooner you act, the better. That's going to be your best bet, IMO.

I'm sorry to hear that. You're not the only one, so jump on the "list." (If there is such a thing.) The sooner you act, the better. That's going to be your best bet, IMO.

I hope I can get a replacement, if not I'll be force to get a regular and switch the Spidy statue:mad:

Dang, I can't believe they're already out of replacements!!!! I'm glad I only waited one day to request a replacement.....

Dang, I can't believe they're already out of replacements!!!! I'm glad I only waited one day to request a replacement.....

You and me both. We were pretty fortunate. I hope we have a better outcome the second time around.

Sideshow really do need to address the QC problems of late like Bowen has on his site. Its a tough market at the moment and unless they sort these issues out and fast they could find alot of their fans/customers spending alot less with them.

I pity the guys on flexi-pay who will be waiting months to receive theirs yet and they could still end up with a flawed piece with no replacement.

well now that they don't have an replacements, i'm going to go home and triple check mine to see if there is any damage at all.

i'd much rather have a mint one than a partial refund :(

actually, i don't think i'm going to look at it, it's good in my mind and there's no sence in having some tiny chip wreck it for me.

(you know i'm going to look now):mad:

well, yes i did take another close look at mine and it would appear he is in mint condition, at least in my eyes. so at least i don't have to worry about the replacement route at this time. i hope everyone gets theirs in good condition. if not then i hope that the damage is minor enough that you aren't looking at it everytime you see the statue.

Sideshow really do need to address the QC problems of late like Bowen has on his site. Its a tough market at the moment and unless they sort these issues out and fast they could find alot of their fans/customers spending alot less with them.

I pity the guys on flexi-pay who will be waiting months to receive theirs yet and they could still end up with a flawed piece with no replacement.

I agree :lecture

well, yes i did take another close look at mine and it would appear he is in mint condition, at least in my eyes. so at least i don't have to worry about the replacement route at this time. i hope everyone gets theirs in good condition. if not then i hope that the damage is minor enough that you aren't looking at it everytime you see the statue.

Right on man :rock :rock :rock

One thing I noticed on mine after reading about all these scratches on the statue. I didn't notice any on mine on normal lighting conditions, but when I shine a flashlight on the head, I can notice a few very minor rubs it seems. I'm not going to return it or anything, but if you look too hard, you're bound to find something.

Some are more obvious than others and warrant a return for sure.

One thing I noticed on mine after reading about all these scratches on the statue. I didn't notice any on mine on normal lighting conditions, but when I shine a flashlight on the head, I can notice a few very minor rubs it seems. I'm not going to return it or anything, but if you look too hard, you're bound to find something.

Some are more obvious than others and warrant a return for sure.

yeah mines got the same minor scratches in the right light, on mine anyways i believe they're just from shipping. i don't know how ssc can get away from scratched on this type of paint application. i know i wouldn't want to be in ssc shoes when these nice shiny statues get shipped out.:(

I've been labeled selfish for this before, but I think their decision to cut off replacements is totally fair considering they offer you an alternative of simply returning it for a full refund.

The fact they are willing to give you a credit is icing on the cake.

There frankly comes a time when spending too much to fix an item begins to completely undermine the company as they have to recoup those costs by raising prices on other stuff.

Not happy with the item, return it. I have no problems with people being as picky as they want if they are willing to send the item back and refund it.

But companies can't afford to indefinately replace replace replace without severly handicapping future business prospects. They should take them back and lower the price and sell to people ok with the flaws (which is effectively what they are doing with the $45 credit).

Maybe they'll send this thing through a paint machine and it'll be come the limited edition bronze or gold or fusia.

Last edited:
I've been labeled selfish for this before, but I think their decision to cut off replacements is totally fair considering they offer you an alternative of simply returning it for a full refund.

There frankly comes a time when spending too much to fix an item begins to completely undermine the company as they have to recoup those costs by raising prices on other stuff.

Not happy with the item, return it. I have no problems with people being as picky as they want if they are willing to send the item back and refund it.

But companies can't afford to indefinately replace replace replace without severly handicapping future business prospects. They should take them back and lower the price and sell to people ok with the flaws (which is effectively what they are doing with the $45 credit).

Maybe they'll send this thing through a paint machine and it'll be come the limited edition bronze or gold or fusia.

yep still selfish. :rolleyes:

Well, not going to argue with you. I'll just say those demanding that SSC lose a ^^^^ load of money rather than accept the more than reasonable 100% refund offer are infinitly more selfish.

The best thing to happen would have been the product never pass QC in the first place. Unfortunately that ship has sailed.

In the situation presented now, to refuse a 100% refund and demand SSC lose money on the venture is insanely selfish. "WAAAAAAAH I want my statue" Get your money back and pretend it never was made if its that big a deal. Go buy something from another company, that will send the message to SSC to have better QC.

When I was young I bought a vinyl album and it was scratched. I exchanged it. Come to find out, it was a factory flaw and all of them were scratched. What did I do? I said gimme my money back and I bought a different record. I didn't write to the f'n company for them to repress all their records. I learned that when I was 12.

I guess I am going to argue after all. :lol

Last edited:

Has this ever happened to you. Have you ever been faced with not having a collectible you wanted, and paid for. I've stopped buying PF's because of this. Three in a row, and I'm out. Don't you think that costs the company more than keeping loyal customers happy? Stealth Iron Man, Thor Premium Format, and Iron Spiderman. I have no faith that they can deliver me a mint piece anymore, so I stick to the other stuff.:peace

Back