Sideshow got me, I missed the Grey Hulk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if people decide to flip it .....who cares ..another fan will have it...the fact of the matter is that those who havnt got it were not there at the right time. Live with it.Period.When I missed the patient zero figure a couple months ago...I was mad ( I wanted this figure soooo bad..).I got to ebay and was happy 2 find a flipper there....Now if some people are crazy enough to buy a Baal-rog at 2500$ a piece...there will be others crazy enough to sell the grey hulk statue...

Re: Sheeshhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Bullseye said:
Viking how can you defend a 3.00am posting of this. I am a very reasonable person but i could never justify that time.

Reason I can Bull is because they are a American company I use to collect a lot of import music ect ect. So I know what it is like trying to get stuff from overseas. But I wouldnt be able to ask a company to change their pre ordering times because it conflicted with my overseas time. Because well that's their location and stuff they release is going to be based on their location not mine.

Viking28 said:
You know the funny thing is, most of the people that are complaining if they would of gotten one it would be "Sideshow better not update the edition size", "I paid more attention" blah blah blah. But the shoe is on the other foot and its the end of the world, "Sideshow betrayed me", "Sideshow slept with my wife", "Sideshow killed my dog" blah blah.

I missed the exclusive Obi figure.......o well it sucks but I'll get by, for those that dont collect the SW figures no big deal. To me it sucked but in no way did I blame Sideshow, you cant win them all.

I can't see how Sideshow could of done it any better than they did, for the past weeks its been appearing in our accounts Thursday nights or soon after the podcast was up. It just stands to reason that perhaps the newsletter will appear around the same time as before.
If they would of announced 50 gray hulks man every scalper in the world would of been there and hardly anybody from this forum or SF would of gotten one.

And to say that you know that 50% of those who got this are flippers is just wrong to say.

Grrrrr I better end this post before I offend a bunch of people but Sideshow is a collectible company and they make collectibles. Plain and simple.

I've never complained about the edition size (although I've questioned the wisdom of it). My main concern is that there is still no standard for a lot of these things (like when the newsletter is posted) and that is what ends up causing issues like this.

Bullseye said:
So becauce its an American based company the rest of us should be penalised.

Im sorry but in a way yea, like in the above post I would expect that company to do things in their time zone rather than mine.

lcummins said:
I've never complained about the edition size (although I've questioned the wisdom of it). My main concern is that there is still no standard for a lot of these things (like when the newsletter is posted) and that is what ends up causing issues like this.

In that I agree L I think a time set in stone would be nice to know for the newsletter to be posted.

RoboDad said:
If there had been a precedent for that mechanism, I would agree. But that is not the precedent they have established. For months and months, Sideshow has emphatically told us that the newsletter is the best way to be informed of all upcoming exclusive offers. To then change that paradigm with no warning, and use the website as the means to announce an additional exclusive, was not the best decision, and I can certainly understand people being upset about it.

Indeed. This was the first time that something like this happened, and I hope also the last time. I am not complaining about the low ES, but about the way the information on this was spread.

Viking28 said:
In that I agree L I think a time set in stone would be nice to know for the newsletter to be posted.

Thanks. That's all I'm asking for. That would give everybody an equal shot at whatever they did; even putting the link on another product page like with the Gray Hulk. I'm not angry at Sideshow because I missed the Gray Hulk, I'm annoyed at Sideshow because the newsletter came out earlier than we have been lead to believe it will be posted. :peace

Shaihulud said:
Hey Europe s'got Attakus, we got Sideshow...:p

Actually, at one point they did sell some of the rare pieces (after they were sold out) to UK customers only.

I was pretty upset because I was ready to order and could have gotten Maul and Stormtrooper but they would not ship to USA...<sigh>. They were gone in minutes.

It happens.

Viking28 said:
Reason I can Bull is because they are a American company I use to collect a lot of import music ect ect. So I know what it is like trying to get stuff from overseas. But I wouldnt be able to ask a company to change their pre ordering times because it conflicted with my overseas time. Because well that's their location and stuff they release is going to be based on their location not mine.

Gotta agree with Viking,Sideshow bread and butter are with their U.S.COLLECTORS.. its the European market who has to adjust ...

Shaihulud said:
Gotta agree with Viking,Sideshow bread and butter are with their U.S.COLLECTORS.. its the European market who has to adjust ...

What i Gods name does this mean. :banghead

Viking28 said:
I missed the exclusive Obi figure.......o well it sucks but I'll get by, for those that dont collect the SW figures no big deal. To me it sucked but in no way did I blame Sideshow, you cant win them all.
Sorry Viking but that's a very unfair comparison. You were made well aware of when the Obi-Wan exclusive was going up for pre-order (which, btw, I also missed and blame no one but myself), unlike the Hulk vs Spider-Man. If you were too slow, or unlucky enough to miss out, then there's not much you can do about it. At least you were given the opportunity.

The way I see it, I don't think anybody here is saying that the gray version needed to be announced at all, just that it would have been nice to know when the exclusive, in general, was going to be put up for sale. The early birds who are lucky enough to stumble upon the top secret gray version get a top piece but at least everyone had a fair chance.

And if you wanted to slow the mad rush and greedy scalpers, perhaps Sideshow could just state that the exclusive ES is TBD, as they are doing that a lot lately. Under these circumstances, I would feel that I was given an equal opportunity, no matter what time it was. And if I still missed out, would be completely gracious in defeat. :peace

Sorry Viking but that's a very unfair comparison. You were made well aware of when the Obi-Wan exclusive was going up for pre-order (which, btw, I also missed and blame no one but myself), unlike the Hulk vs Spider-Man. If you were too slow, or unlucky enough to miss out, then there's not much you can do about it. At least you were given the opportunity.

To me I choose to stay up and wait a little while longer and I have to get up around 2am for work. I could of missed out on the Gray guy but I stayed up and kept checking my account for the newsletter because I wanted this bad. And it paid off. Didnt get much sleep but hey thats the price I paid.

I agree with some of you here. I hope this Gray Hulk experience sets some consistency on the newsletter.

I agree a set time for the letter to be posted is the best way to go about these things. Announce Hulk Vs Spidey to be available for preorder in the newsletter and include all links to all versions up front. It's bad enough to guess the distribution of the newsletter to then after that play scavenger hunt.

Either that or create a priority opportunity raffle order. Accept 500 orders and then choose 50 orders at random.

Whatever happens, let's not argue amongst each other about this. It's clear feelings are still hurt over the whole thing. The word "gray" may never be the same for some in here...

ResinDog said:

The way I see it, I don't think anybody here is saying that the gray version needed to be announced at all, just that it would have been nice to know when the exclusive, in general, was going to be put up for sale. The early birds who are lucky enough to stumble upon the top secret gray version get a top piece but at least everyone had a fair chance.

And if you wanted to slow the mad rush and greedy scalpers, perhaps Sideshow could just state that the exclusive ES is TBD, as they are doing that a lot lately. Under these circumstances, I would feel that I was given an equal opportunity, no matter what time it was. And if I still missed out, would be completely gracious in defeat. :peace

Let's settle it there. Exactly what I'm thinking.

Back