Sideshow got me, I missed the Grey Hulk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Viking28 said:
...I could of missed out on the Gray guy but I stayed up and kept checking my account for the newsletter because I wanted this bad...

But we didn't even know about it. How could you have wanted it?

Re: Sheeshhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

ResinDog said:
And if you wanted to slow the mad rush and greedy scalpers, perhaps Sideshow could just state that the exclusive ES is TBD, as they are doing that a lot lately. Under these circumstances, I would feel that I was given an equal opportunity, no matter what time it was. And if I still missed out, would be completely gracious in defeat. :peace

Exactly what I was thinking...TBD; they know from experience it works, yet they implemented this crazy scheme anyhow =/

First the podcast gave a clue BUT I just wanted the exclusive piece period!

I have dial up, so the podcast takes too long to download. Its great if you have broadband. Oh gawd, what's dial up you say. :banghead

Okay, I'm going to have to upgrade soon, but that will mean more Sideshow stuff I wont be able to buy. :banghead

At the end of the podcast section advertising the upcoming preorder for Hulk vs. Spider-Man, they said this:

"The first webslingers to priority preorder the awesome battle diorama will be treated to a very special dilemma indeed. Eeny meany miney moe, we are not letting any more information go."

That sounded mysterious and interesting enough to me to stick around. A few of us did guess correctly what was going to happen.

pitchin said:
I bet it's just the light up feature or grey hulk :D

tomandshell said:
it seems like there will be two different exclusive versions

We were talking about this (and vowing to stay up to find out) hours before it went on sale.

tomandshell said:
At the end of the podcast section advertising the upcoming preorder for Hulk vs. Spider-Man, they said this:

That sounded mysterious and interesting enough to me to stick around. A few of us did guess correctly what was going to happen.

We were talking about this (and vowing to stay up to find out) hours before it went on sale.

True, and I caught that hint and highly anticipated more than one possible exclusive, but I did not anticipate the small edition size or the early arrival of the newsletter.

lcummins said:
But it could get better; set a standard time for the newsletter to be posted each week, say 6PM PST. Then, everyone around the world would be able to login and read the newsletter at the same time and have the same chance. Even our collector friends overseas could wake up to read the newsletter and not have to stay up all night refreshing until it appeared!

I agree with you that a dedicated set time would be perfect. However, it's been going up right around the same time the last 2-3 weeks.

Bullseye said:
Why should i be mad at people who got theirs fair and square. Look, SS pulled a fast one and theres no ifs buts or maybes. When this was up to order it was 3.00am here. It was around 10.00pm in NYC etc. I even waited up till 12.00 (normal time for Newsletter) but nothing.

I'm saying be mad at those that will flip it or scalp it. They are to blame more than SS. Pulled a fast one? Give me a ******* break. They gave you clues in the pod cast if you took the time to look at SS site.

RoboDad said:
If there had been a precedent for that mechanism, I would agree. But that is not the precedent they have established. For months and months, Sideshow has emphatically told us that the newsletter is the best way to be informed of all upcoming exclusive offers. To then change that paradigm with no warning, and use the website as the means to announce an additional exclusive, was not the best decision, and I can certainly understand people being upset about it.

The podcast gave you a clue to wait on your newsletter which pretty much stays status quo though IMO.

Viking28 said:
You know the funny thing is, most of the people that are complaining if they would of gotten one it would be "Sideshow better not update the edition size", "I paid more attention" blah blah blah. But the shoe is on the other foot and its the end of the world, "Sideshow betrayed me", "Sideshow slept with my wife", "Sideshow killed my dog" blah blah.

I missed the exclusive Obi figure.......o well it sucks but I'll get by, for those that dont collect the SW figures no big deal. To me it sucked but in no way did I blame Sideshow, you cant win them all.

I can't see how Sideshow could of done it any better than they did, for the past weeks its been appearing in our accounts Thursday nights or soon after the podcast was up. It just stands to reason that perhaps the newsletter will appear around the same time as before.
If they would of announced 50 gray hulks man every scalper in the world would of been there and hardly anybody from this forum or SF would of gotten one.

And to say that you know that 50% of those who got this are flippers is just wrong to say.

Grrrrr I better end this post before I offend a bunch of people but Sideshow is a collectible company and they make collectibles. Plain and simple.

I'm with ya Viking.

Bullseye said:
Viking how can you defend a 3.00am posting of this. I am a very reasonable person but i could never justify that time.

I can defend it real easy they put it up at the best time for everyone as has been said they are an American Company. So should SS meet your specific needs on time? Are you that special?

Bullseye said:
So becauce its an American based company the rest of us should be penalised.

Not penalised but you have to understand that the times they go up will fit more within the US time zones.

Viking28 said:
Reason I can Bull is because they are a American company I use to collect a lot of import music ect ect. So I know what it is like trying to get stuff from overseas. But I wouldnt be able to ask a company to change their pre ordering times because it conflicted with my overseas time. Because well that's their location and stuff they release is going to be based on their location not mine.

Yup

Bullseye said:
Don't tell me i have to listen to radio to hear about exclusive.:confused:

It's just a little effort to try and maybe get some info you might need.

tomandshell said:
"The first webslingers to priority preorder the awesome battle diorama will be treated to a very special dilemma indeed. Eeny meany miney moe, we are not letting any more information go."

LMAO. I listened to the podcase twice and didn't even notice that. That's why it's important to not only listen but to pay attention and hear what's being said. :doh

Fritz said:
LMAO. I listened to the podcase twice and didn't even notice that. That's why it's important to not only listen but to pay attention and hear what's being said. :doh

I was kind of half-listening, and that little bit made my ears perk up. I rewound it and listened to it again a few times and started wondering what was up. That was yesterday, when the collecting world was a much calmer place.

Fritz said:

Her voice is just too sexy...people just can't concentrate! :rolleyes:

daelith said:
I certainly don't think this is about collectors. I've faithfully followed the Marvel line since it's inception and was hoping to continue my exclusive streak. With an ES of 50, it's less about rewarding your customer base than trying to build buzz when they DO get flipped. Trying to avoid flippers? Please..with such an EXTREME ES of 50 you're COUNTING on people to flip it to generate press and build some credibility in the secondary market--where up until this point--prices have been languishing. With a more moderate ES, say 100-200, it still would've sold out AND collectors would have been satisfied. But like I said, it's all bout the buzz.

And then there's the notion that the newsletter will offer readers a fair shot at the item...

And perhaps Dusty is sincere, but it's in my nature to question authority.

*sigh* Yes, you have discovered our secret - we are corporate b****rds who just like to torture our fanbase - we'll stop the cover-up charade as of now - no more contests just for the fun of it because we're in a good mood - and don't worry, we'll stop bothering you here on the boards too - your message has been received.

(just kidding, we really do love you guys, even when you're mad at us for something - we're in it for the long haul, and every relationship has it's peaks and valleys - don't freak out! :D :duff)

Back