Sideshow got me, I missed the Grey Hulk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JSAuctionService said:
Well in this case, for the people here who missed it, actually the lack of
this piece being available on Ebay, will mean that they'll never get it.
Double-edged sword I know, but as one who missed this item and really
wanted it, I'm thinking there'll be a slim to none chance of me being
successful on the wait list, or getting this piece from a board member,
or on Ebay. This is the most I've ever been disappointed missing a statue.

JS :(

Heh! What do you expect, with an edition number of 50! This stinks! I love low edition numbers, but not if only a select public is aware of it.

SKARY said:
Hey Dusty how about in the future if they are going to do something like the grey hulk again (i'll use the hulk as an example)I suggest that you guys put the green exclusive and regular on sale announced. When ever the exclusive sells out you could of announced a lottery contest in a special newsletter for a chance to order the exclusive using the contest form. Have a 12-24 hour window to enter and that's that. Winner's would be contacted if they had been selected with further instructions on how to get their order processed. This option gives everyone a fair chance as long as they entered. It just seems like a good option to think about for next time. What do you think?????

This is a very interesting idea indeed - thanks for your constructive input Skary :) I will pass it along!

Kookie said:
Geez....you didn't get one...get over it!!!

You probably didn't get the cheerleader in highschool either. You want Sideshow to call them up and demand a date as well.

Well I had my fair share of cheerleaders in high school and guess what..??? I 've got the grey Hulk on preorder....

I would have had no idea about Hulk had I not listened to the podcast. I know that Pitchin lives in Europe and stayed up very late (and got one) just because of the hint in the podcast.

Hardcore folks would have known that the newsletter was up last Thursday at 7 PST, and known that Skinner and the X3 items began selling at that time, and known that this was a week after the Spider-Man preview--and should have known it might go up for sale. Expecting those things from my past Sideshow experience, and after having heard the clue in the podcast, I sat around for an hour refreshing the newsletter page, went straight for the Hulk and looked around for the special opportunity mentioned in the podcast. I believe that those hardcore nuts who followed the situation closely had a chance to get one based on the events of the past week or so. I know I wasn't the only one.

I actually created a thread alerting everybody to the situation after listening to the podcast (and hours before the preorder went up), but that has now been merged away, so people can no longer clearly see that some of us were indeed trying to get the word out yesterday afternoon and evening. We also began posting immediately when it went up, alerting folks to the situation. We did our best to get the word out!

SideshowDusty said:
I'm really sorry so many people are feeling sad about this, but you gotta realize that with such a TINY edition size this was really the only way to do it to keep scalpers away.

Well, why such a tiny edition size for such a popular set of characters? Sideshow had to know this would be highly sought after!

SideshowDusty said:
...This method was just one more way to reward our customer base who loyally reads the Sideshow home page and scans the product pages with a fine-tooth comb.

So now, not only do we have to spend every pre-order day refreshing the newsletter page all evening until it appears, we have to slow down and read every product page very carefully and risk the pre-order selling out?

SideshowDusty said:
... in most cases, everything except for the scheduled priority pre-orders will always go up for sale with the posting of the newsletter.

Ok, fair enough. Set a standard time for the newsletter to be posted each and every week. It appears you are posting them about 6 or 7 PM PST each Thursday, so pick a time and make it a standard and let us know!

Darklord Dave said:
...but everyone had the chance to read the newsletter and listen to the podcast at the same time...

No they didn't!! Most of us were expecting the newsletter on Friday because that's when Sideshow has told us the newsletters will come out. We have had the occassional newsletter early on Thursday in the past, and just because the past couple of weeks it has come on Thursday, doesn't mean we should have automatically assumed it would always come on Thursday now! Are we now supposed to just sit there refreshing until it comes up? Whoo Hooo! Spooktacular all year long! I'm going to go buy stock in a keyboard company!!!! :rolleyes:

Kookie said:
Geez....you didn't get one...get over it!!!

You probably didn't get the cheerleader in highschool either. You want Sideshow to call them up and demand a date as well.

Excuse me! Some of us are trying to politely give Sideshow feedback on this situation. How about you get over yourself!

I certainly don't think this is about collectors. I've faithfully followed the Marvel line since it's inception and was hoping to continue my exclusive streak. With an ES of 50, it's less about rewarding your customer base than trying to build buzz when they DO get flipped. Trying to avoid flippers? Please..with such an EXTREME ES of 50 you're COUNTING on people to flip it to generate press and build some credibility in the secondary market--where up until this point--prices have been languishing. With a more moderate ES, say 100-200, it still would've sold out AND collectors would have been satisfied. But like I said, it's all bout the buzz.

And then there's the notion that the newsletter will offer readers a fair shot at the item...

And perhaps Dusty is sincere, but it's in my nature to question authority.

Last edited:
If you have some real constructive comments send an email using their customer service form.

If you want to post a gripe on a forum board expect some members to respond with an opposite view. In truth...it seems like you are full of yourself that you have to pout because you didn't get what you want.

lcummins said:
we have to slow down and read every product page very carefully and risk the pre-order selling out?

That's why the edition size of the Exclusive Green Hulk diorama was not set yet, so that there was no chance of it selling out until everyone on the newsletter list had a fair shot at it :duff

daelith said:
Trying to avoid flippers? Please..with such an EXTREME ES of 50 you're COUNTING on people to flip it

In my eyes scalpers and flippers are different breeds. Scalpers buy with no intent whatsoever of keeping it. Flippers sometimes keep it but if the item rises in value they will consider flipping it to fund more collecting adventures. I said no "scalpers" got this piece, which is true - you guys have proven that most all of them went to faithful board members, which is a good thing IMO, whether they decide to flip later on or not!

I know its a no win situation but an edition size this low should of been done to The Beast Statue. I figure this Hulk and Spidey Statue is going to do well since both characters are among the most popular comic icons. And since there is no Priority pre-order for this I assume the exclusive Green will be high. But lets hope its kinda of low to make me feel better, I still like to cry about it. And I didn't cry when the upped the Doom Statue, but I wouldn't want to see the grey hulk go up. :mexwave

Why are people getting mad because some of us are crying. Aren't we supposed to let it out and not hold it in. Its funny that were getting bitched at for bitching. :banana

daelith said:
I certainly don't think this is about collectors. I've faithfully followed the Marvel line since it's inception and was hoping to continue my exclusive streak. With an ES of 50, it's less about rewarding your customer base than trying to build buzz when they DO get flipped. Trying to avoid flippers? Please..with such an EXTREME ES of 50 you're COUNTING on people to flip it to generate press and build some credibility in the secondary market--where up until this point--prices have been languishing. With a more moderate ES, say 100-200, it still would've sold out AND collectors would have been satisfied. But like I said, it's all bout the buzz.

And then there's the notion that the newsletter will offer readers a fair shot at the item...

And perhaps Dusty is sincere, but it's in my nature to question authority.

Amen!
Again, I love low ES, but please make sure every customer get's the same chance. And by that, I don't mean what has been pulled off with the Gray Hulk.

Kookie said:
If you have some real constructive comments send an email using their customer service form.

If you want to post a gripe on a forum board expect some members to respond with an opposite view. In truth...it seems like you are full of yourself that you have to pout because you didn't get what you want.

I have no problem with an opposite view, that's part of the fun. But if you can't keep that opinion objective, then you are out of line.

SideshowDusty said:
That's why the edition size of the Exclusive Green Hulk diorama was not set yet, so that there was no chance of it selling out until everyone on the newsletter list had a fair shot at it :duff

Yes, but we are discussing the "Gray" Hulk, not the green. :peace

Back