1/6 Sideshow GI Joe line on Hiatus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe that cool new muscle body Destro didn't get will go into Jason. :lol

Maybe that cool new muscle body Destro didn't get will go into Jason. :lol
--

Yes and then people will buy the Jason figure up and it'll sell out and then Sideshow will wonder how come Jason sold out quicker than GI JOE/DESTRO and start to focus more on infinite Jason and related figures and start to skimp on design & quality since they figure customers will buy inferior quality figures for the same price based on past instances.

This is the only line that I collect and the only line that got me started in the 1/6 scale.
I have bought them all and even some environments to go with them. I've been disappointed with this news that the line is dead or MIGHT return next year.
I'll give it a year to see what is going to happen. If my shelves don't have any hope of growing then I think I'll just sell everything. I enjoyed looking forward to the next Joe coming out. But for me, if that is gone what's the point. I just wanted this line to keep going for a long time. Wishful thinking I know but I did.

Yup, me too.

I'm not even really all that into 1/6 scale other than Joes... I've got the upcoming HT BD T-800 on preorder but that's about it for me (I've only kept two other HT figures).

The statement that there is nothing for SDCC this year and "hopefully something in 2015" is where I'd assume the line is dead. Having pauses is normal, but the last PO for a Joe was quite some time ago and no figures are on pre-order. With all that I think it's safe to assume that Sideshow has moved on.

Maybe they'll revisit the line, but usually once the momentum is gone the line is dead. We've seen it before with Horror, Bond, POTA, etc., etc.

With literally dozens of untapped characters they could have done, any pause in momentum is a showstopper for this line. It takes YEARS to establish a collective of main characters and most of us aren't getting any younger. At this pace Joe will be getting its second wind when I'm collecting my retirement checks. So it's NO JOE.

The statement that there is nothing for SDCC this year and "hopefully something in 2015" is where I'd assume the line is dead. Having pauses is normal, but the last PO for a Joe was quite some time ago and no figures are on pre-order. With all that I think it's safe to assume that Sideshow has moved on.

Maybe they'll revisit the line, but usually once the momentum is gone the line is dead. We've seen it before with Horror, Bond, POTA, etc., etc.

Wonder who killed the momentum of the line...

With literally dozens of untapped characters they could have done, any pause in momentum is a showstopper for this line. It takes YEARS to establish a collective of main characters and most of us aren't getting any younger. At this pace Joe will be getting its second wind when I'm collecting my retirement checks. So it's NO JOE.

:lol

by then a Joe figure will cost 499.99

Sideshow needs to manage licenses better. To know how many of their customers are interested in lines before purchasing, starting, and hyping them up. I'm not the collector that needs entire lines but I do want the main characters. It is extrodinarily disappointing to see a line start and then go on "hiatus" or even worse, limbo with no mention of it and main characters not released. Meanwhile new lines start up and Sideshow hopes people don't remember about stuff that was teased. There is no reason we should not be getting a Scarlett figure after Baroness. It's not like they were going to make a new body for her. Sideshow management after seeing the Baroness facial sculpt should have started Scarlett immediately afterwards. It's been two years since we originally saw Baroness at SDCC. Scarlett should have been at SDCC last year. No reason for her not to be there this year. But I have a feeling they wrongly thought that more people would want Destro to go with Baroness.

I'm sure pricing has a lot to do with it. Few people will pay $200 for a figure that isn't from Hot Toys. And even a figure as good as Baroness has a few problems that should have been addressed. Obvious things like the two portraits should have been standard, functioning weapons, and the better stand. If you charge a premium price you need to make sure everyone gets the best product and it's comparable to the top figure company (Hot Toys).

With the rest of the G.I. Joe line, the dioramas look good but many I assume wanted the main battles. Duke vs Cobra Commander, Scarlett vs Baroness, and Snake Eyes vs Storm Shadow. The maquettes are sold out. So where is the Scarlett maquette? Why even do maquettes and PFs in the same line? It's confusing to the average customer. They did the versus maquettes of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. Why even make Baroness as a PF? The original teased prototype sculpt was far superior to the released PF.

The plan and of course sales went wrong somewhere in this line. With the pricing and release of various characters, people lost interest. I'm sure the bad G.I. Joe movies didn't help. But this line to me was about the kids that grew up with G.I. Joe. Getting better versions than the original small figures. Maybe if and when Sideshow restarts the line they'll start off with the main characters.

. Maybe if and when Sideshow restarts the line they'll start off with the main characters.

there is no way I'd re-buy the characters all over again...Sideshow should of ended the line with Scarlet as the last figure (of course my biggest wants are Snowjob,Gung-ho and Mutt)

As much as I'd like more figures,if Sideshow doesn't want to do anymore,then I'll buy something else.There is too much out there to collect anyway

I'm sure pricing has a lot to do with it. Few people will pay $200 for a figure that isn't from Hot Toys. And even a figure as good as Baroness has a few problems that should have been addressed. Obvious things like the two portraits should have been standard, functioning weapons, and the better stand. If you charge a premium price you need to make sure everyone gets the best product and it's comparable to the top figure company (Hot Toys).

QUITE obvious.

I won't be replacing my Joe purchases with anything. The less money I'm spending with Sideshow, the better. In a way they did me a favor. Just have to see about unloading extraneous Joe figures and turning them into Tauntauns.

I won't be replacing my Joe purchases with anything. The less money I'm spending with Sideshow, the better. In a way they did me a favor. Just have to see about unloading extraneous Joe figures and turning them into Tauntauns.

You really have to wonder what kind of crack they're smoking. I've never seen a company completely alienate their customers as much as Sideshow does.

Horror lines? I will be a Ash and a Jason and then done.

Hopefully they spread around the love on the F13 flicks, but with their announcemeets and the "new" company Denny Kim announced doing ED3 ( hoping he means AoD) I'm really hoping for some nice solid horror releases over the next couple years.

It's great getting 1/6 Flash, Green Lantern, Threepo and Biker Scout announcements. But sucks knowing there is No*Joe....

Back