Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah dave was a great dude for sure. met him for the first time last year a few years ago. was extremely nice to my lil boy. he even picked out his favorite pic of himself as vader for me cause i couldn't decide, to get autographed.

Here is a pic of him with the fabulous 5.
gy9use6y.jpg

Harrison Ford 6'1"
Davis Prowse 6'5"
Carrie Fisher 5'1"
Peter Mayhew 7'4"
Mark Hamill 5'8"

You tell me. Does he look 6 inches taller than Ford? I don't think so.

Here is a pic with me and my coworker 6'5". He is a full head taller than me. I only come up to the bottom of his chin. There is no way Dave could be any taller than 6'5" at his peak height. He is only about 6'3" or 6'4" now but if he was ever 6'7" I'll eat my hat!
yqeba5an.jpg
ny5eba9y.jpg

I still submit that Vader was only 6'7 at most Vader was 6'9". That gives 2 inches for heels and 2 inches for the top of his helmet. No way was he 7 feet tall. I'd like some of what your smoking if you still think so.

It looks like your co-worker is getting ready to lay the smack-down on you. :lol

It looks like your co-worker is getting ready to lay the smack-down on you. :lol

Lol!!! We are both big GOT fans and chat up sci fi all the time. I told him to give me the stink eye.

I'm the same height, 5'8", as the dude, Rob Paul, standing next to David P. in that lat pic. Hmmm. See my point?

The helmet adds more like 3"to the top end;there's a lot of "open"space up there.Suited up(I'm with the 501st)I top out at 6'5",without extra heel(the last thing my knees need!).Funny thing, as long as you're taller than most of the folks around you, people accept you if the suit's decent...PS

He was pointing out that there are SIX actors in that picture.

Prowse
Ford
Fisher
Hamill
Mayhew
Baker.

Six actors.
No, he said (paraphrasing), here's a pic of Prowse with the fab five (Ford, Fisher, Hamill, Mayhew and Baker -- i.e., Prowse + "Fab 5") and canadaclone asked what about Anthony Daniels (i.e., Prowse + "super six" - obviously meaning that Daniels should not be excluded). Then Jim clarified that it wasn't a slight against Daniels being in the "fab" club but that he was only referencing those actors in the actual picture.

Last edited:
No, he said (paraphrasing), here's a pic of Prowse with the fab five (Ford, Fisher, Hamill, Mayhew and Baker -- i.e., Prowse + "Fab 5") and canadaclone asked what about Anthony Daniels (i.e., Prowse + "super six" - obviously meaning that Daniels should not be excluded). Then Jim clarified that it wasn't a slight against Daniels being in the "fab" club but that he was only referencing those actors in the actual picture.

Exactly. Good post. Thank you for jumping in there to clarify what I thought I was making perfectly clear. At least I know some people can actually read up here and before they write a post while simultaneously putting their foot in their mouth. Lol

We have a lot of illiterate acrobats here. LOL. No offense. Just joking. Hope that was clear enough.

I did not intend to hurt your feelings. My apologies if I struck a nerve by critiquing your phraseology.

I guess someone with your superior literacy would refer to this picture as "John Lennon with the Fab Three." :lol

025231aa9503922f810c3d1f9dbeb.jpg

Last edited:
I did not intend to hurt your feelings. My apologies if I struck a nerve by critiquing your phraseology.

I guess someone with your superior literacy would refer to this picture as "John Lennon with the Fab Three." :lol

025231aa9503922f810c3d1f9dbeb.jpg

LOL. Actually yes since he was the only one with talent that mattered.

Haha, Blythe, that's not bad but aside from the Beatles being colloquially known as the Fab Four, jedijim's intro to the photo was

jedijim said:
Here is a pic of him with the fabulous 5.
No judgements, here, mate. Maybe you were tired, read over it too quickly, whatever, happens to us all. But there's no way I can read that, look at the picture and not think 'Prowse + 5' (unless I'm overly tired or whatnot!).

Main thing is, whether we're talking about Prowse + 5 or the Fab Four, it's all about the love, son!

LOL. Actually yes since he was the only one with talent that mattered.
:thwak John's my favourite, too, but they were all necessary. Look how both Lennon and McCartney went off the rails after the Beatles broke up. Just glad they broke up when they did. Together or separate, the albums would've been spotty from that point on, I think.

I was only saying that in jest. I even loved the solo albums. Laughing while writing this and singing silly love songs. Now it's stuck in my head. Dang it!
ma8a7a4e.jpg

That's really impressive. What parts did you use? It looks like you've used pieces from Medicom, but the bodysuit looks like the SS one.

The pose is a bit funny though. It looks like he's holding a mic and singing karaoke.

i use kotobukilla vader from episode 3, and hot toys body and sideshow suit

Back