Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have to agree with you... the new Vader is just kind of meh. I did go ahead and order one as I'm sure it will be satisfactory in hand. But I just feel like Sideshow phoned it in and really didn't take the time to deliver the Vader they're capable of.

And I don't know what it is about that Marmit set, but it is just spot-on looking to me. I wish some one would start reproducing that set, I'd buy a set of molds in a heart beat.

I'd have to agree with you... the new Vader is just kind of meh. I did go ahead and order one as I'm sure it will be satisfactory in hand. But I just feel like Sideshow phoned it in and really didn't take the time to deliver the Vader they're capable of.

And I don't know what it is about that Marmit set, but it is just spot-on looking to me. I wish some one would start reproducing that set, I'd buy a set of molds in a heart beat.

Agreed. Well said!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Incidentally, does anybody know who was in the suit for this promo shot?

Was it Prowse?

Kermit Bryce Eller. A Don Post employee who did most of the Vader promotional appearances for the ANH tour. Prowse only wore the suit on tour about 4 times. And the tour suit used was THE actual screen used ANH Vader suit, so anyone who saw him back then saw the real deal.

I'd buy that for a dollar.........:lecture

No thanks!

I'm afraid it's not in the best of shape. Back in the olden days we didn't frame posters. We used something called 'tape' to hang them on the wall. :lecture

I actually have all my Star Wars posters from the 70s and 80s.

No thanks!

I'm afraid it's not in the best of shape. Back in the olden days we didn't frame posters. We used something called 'tape' to hang them on the wall. :lecture

I actually have all my Star Wars posters from the 70s and 80s.

I'd buy that for 50 cents.........:lecture

I like my ANH version also but he is just a little too big. He towers over my predator figures.

As he should. Dave Prowse was 6ft 6 in, add the helmet and boots, and Vader is close to 7 foot tall.

As far as accuracy goes, the helmet needs to be right. As of the shots to hand, it isn't. Not to mention skinny body. There are liberties that can be taken with extraneous pieces, such as the shin guards etc, but the face and proportions need to be right.

As he should. Dave Prowse was 6ft 6 in, add the helmet and boots, and Vader is close to 7 foot tall.

As far as accuracy goes, the helmet needs to be right. As of the shots to hand, it isn't. Not to mention skinny body. There are liberties that can be taken with extraneous pieces, such as the shin guards etc, but the face and proportions need to be right.

Never been said better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Except that movie Predators are meant to be around 7'6". :wink1:

5ofixj.jpg

(7'2" + costume and sandals)

I didn't know that. In my defence, I always thought the predator movies were pretty poor fare.

Later Predators tend to be around 7'.

The HT Predators Classic is 14" high (7').

How tall was the ANH Vader?

SS lists the new at 13.5" (6' 9") which allows 3" for boots and helmet.

Later Predators tend to be around 7'.

The HT Predators Classic is 14" high (7').

How tall was the ANH Vader?

SS lists the new at 13.5" (6' 9") which allows 3" for boots and helmet.

I'm willing to say there's 3" in the helmet alone. It's a big helmet, and the dome is quite high.

I'm happy to say 6'10, 6'11.

Welcome to the 1/6 collecting syndrome, where we always need one more figure.

Tell me about it...

I learned about the Hot toys a few weeks ago. My first figure was the DX12 Batman. Then I learned about the 1/4 Batman thats about to be released soon and I preordered that.

And yesterday I browsed sideshowtoys randomly and discovered this Darth Vader ROTJ figure.

I thought DX12 was going to be my only purchase lol.

Last edited:
Back