Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting those pics from the vid. I think he looks much improved over the prototype pictures on Sideshow's site. Wish they'd update those.

I still think it looks better in big part because his eyes are pointing at the ceiling. But I hope I'm wrong and it turns out it's perfect if we ever get new pictures before he sells out.

Mmmm. Maybe I'm jut hopeful, but while the helmet isn't perfect, it does look much improved.

Chest box is way too low though. Hope that can be fixed. Stupid light up features hopefully doesn't prevent that.

I still think it looks better in big part because his eyes are pointing at the ceiling. But I hope I'm wrong and it turns out it's perfect if we ever get new pictures before he sells out.
Don't think you have to worry about the exclusive selling out, at least until shortly after release. Seems the model now is for an open edition exclusive until Sideshow has all the pre-orders in prior to release date.

Come on sideshow! Please update those pics so I can pre-order!
Yep, they're really dragging their feet with it. To my eye, Vader looked much improved in the video but I'd like to confirm it with new pics.

As soon as I see another $25 (or greater) coupon I'll pull the trigger on this guy, even if it means waiting until after it's been released. I've already got shelf space reserved for him, but I'm not excited to jump at full price.

Come on sideshow! Please update those pics so I can pre-order!

Sideshow doesn't typically update their figures after they are shown. Vader probably looks better in the video because of the lighting, not any change to the figure. I wish it was otherwise, but I doubt there has been any change. The one major difference I have noticed between Hot Toys and Sideshow over the years, is that Hot Toys responds to fan criticism and attempts to perfect a figure while Sideshow will release something if it is "good enough".

I personally dont think there is any change or improvements in the figure. If there are i will be pleasantly surprised. I think the only difference we see is cause we are comparing pictures to video and thereby the difference in lighting. If there is a change i will really be happy but more importantly surprise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The helmet is 100% updated in the video as opposed to the pics on Sideshow's site. They pulled Vader from display at SDCC to replace the existing helmet with the new one and the video was shot after that. The representative describing the figures mentions that they will be updating the pics on SSC's site "soon". :impatient:

The helmet is 100% updated in the video as opposed to the pics on Sideshow's site. They pulled Vader from display at SDCC to replace the existing helmet with the new one and the video was shot after that. The representative describing the figures mentions that they will be updating the pics on SSC's site "soon". :impatient:

I really hope that is true. It seems odd that they would wait this long to update the photos for such a highly anticipated figure considering that it would likely lead to many more preorders.

Count me in for some new pics of this guy.

To me he is already looking awesome and any improvements that are made would be a bonus.

I really hope that is true. It seems odd that they would wait this long to update the photos for such a highly anticipated figure considering that it would likely lead to many more preorders.
Yep, it does defy expectations to wait this long before updating the pics, but consider how sloppy this release has looked since the beginning. Maybe new photos will be up before Christmas. :/

Thanks to Christina at Sideshow, I was able to transfer a NRD from another figure to this guy. No way in hell could I pass on him. Now all I need is HT to get off their Iron asses and show Anakin.

Back