Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still very happy with my Deluxe Vader. I can def see improvements between this and the HT...but whatever. I still know it's Vader, love the size of it and I think posed up well he looks great. Plus I'm hoping for a great 1/4 HT version. So in terms of 1/6th scale....Deluxe Vader does me fine.

a98c330f4bcc78aba2f1f3518b78ac8a.jpg
5ce6bd53d3e8362083bd7d4bb571777d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still very happy with my Deluxe Vader. I can def see improvements between this and the HT...but whatever. I still know it's Vader, love the size of it and I think posed up well he looks great. Plus I'm hoping for a great 1/4 HT version. So in terms of 1/6th scale....Deluxe Vader does me fine.

Get the HT version. Thats the episode IV costume. Coz thats what I did. I have 2 Vaders on my shelf.

He is happy with his Vader, so I don't see why he should get the HT version. Enjoy your Vader mate!

He is happy with his Vader, so I don't see why he should get the HT version. Enjoy your Vader mate!

Yeah I mean I totally understand that it is a different Vader...but really it comes down to space, money. I'm a huge Vader fan, the character, the design...but like I said I hope that the 1/4 scale version comes out and becomes my grail Vader much the same way I have the 1/4 Fett as my Grail Fett (and have chosen sideshow Fetts as my 1/6th scale Fett).

Yeah I mean I totally understand that it is a different Vader...but really it comes down to space, money. I'm a huge Vader fan, the character, the design...but like I said I hope that the 1/4 scale version comes out and becomes my grail Vader much the same way I have the 1/4 Fett as my Grail Fett (and have chosen sideshow Fetts as my 1/6th scale Fett).

PS Haha I know I'm kinda contradicting myself when I saw not getting the HT version is a space/money reason and than mention I'll get a bigger more expensive figure [emoji39].

Yeah, the suit is more like the original SS Vader. Have the 2 other SS versions. Don't plan on buying this, but would like to buy the gloves and cod piece.

yeah, I have all 3 (both SS & HT). Hopefully I can get a pair of the new gloves as well.

I really want the suit, robes, and gloves from this release. Looks like they tweaked the shoulder bells too. They look nice. Too bad they ignored the innacurate chest armor and helmet.

I do got to say the new reissue looks really awesome. I owned the deluxe and I never cared for the arms. Definitely improved here and looks better overall. Not completely accurate but still a big improvement and love the glove sculpts!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

308e7fe869885813de85939453c330f0.jpg

2704b1869ba24d5f16005f4e2022c972.jpg

1027dffc1b19632b120adaf62e2b619d.jpg

Just reposed my deluxe.
It is a really good Vader in my opinion. Love it in my collection. I'm debating whether to try and sell mine and get the new version.

What I really wish sideshow would do with re-issues is also sell new parts for owners of older figures so that we can "update" our figure. I don't know. I may just stand pat. I realize when I pose my Vader he is pretty well cloaked so the under suit and arms aren't too visible (the 2 biggest faults of the Deluxe).

Suit and gloves are better, but the robe and cape are a setback. I don't like that they added the stitching at the hem. It makes the clothes actually look like toy clothes because of the scale of the stitches. Moreover, as a result it doesn't hang as well as that of the deluxe Vader.

I'm disappointed. The video just wiped away any desire I had to buy the figure.

Suit and gloves are better, but the robe and cape are a setback. I don't like that they added the stitching at the hem. It makes the clothes actually look like toy clothes because of the scale of the stitches. Moreover, as a result it doesn't hang as well as that of the deluxe Vader.

I'm disappointed. The video just wiped away any desire I had to buy the figure.

Agreed! I also came to a similar conclusion about the robe/cape. I actually think the Deluxe did it perfectly (better than what I see on the SS version 2 and the HT version).
SS ver 2 and HT seemed to go for a thicker, stitched robe (prob more expensive), but the thinner Sideshow Deluxe Vader has a quite thin robe. But man does it sit well, hangs well...drapes over him exactly the way I would want it (and I like my Vader very cloaked). What I see with the new version and HT is that it seems very bunched in places...In need of ironing or something haha. And for that reason and the big stitches as you mentioned...it looks very unnatural and more toy like (even tho it is a toy haha).

But the under suit and new gloves do look great. I think that I will try and look into getting the under suit off eBay....and maybe even the HT Vader helmet. But again...I may do nothing haha.

I'd like to see first how you guys on here change up your deluxe Vader if you do...

Saw him on display at Celebration Europe yesterday, and the new suit is looking very good, reminds me a lot of the HT suit. Will see what it looks like when people get it in hand and play around with it, to see if I want to exchange the HT suit on my custom. :)
Took some shots as well. I like how it naturally creases on his upper arms.

IMG_9981_small.jpg

IMG_9983_small.jpg

IMG_9984_small.jpg

much improved. With a different head and the cape from the previous version, this vader would have been considered a grail.

holy crutched christ. SS outdid HT. never thought id say that. and until it comes out i reserve the right to change my mind.

the HT vader is too fat. too expensive. terrible gloves. terrible cape and tunic. and laughable electronics. happy to dump that one for this one.

does anyone know if this vader is same size as SS last one? i thought he was too big. but SS has the new one listed at the same height as the HT ones. however, SS also had the first one listed as the same height as the HT version but HT was shorter. so i don't know what the hell is going on.

The new one is pretty decent...
I'm going to try and sell my Deluxe and already have the HT helmet being sent my way. Should be a good looking Vader than.

Back