Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the HT Vader is hitting and earning a lot of high marks around here (along with a few issues it seems- but what figure by any company doesn't to someone around here), but I'm not in a hurry to pick up that one. I'm sure it's a good HT figure, but I'm still really quite satisfied with the "deluxe" Sideshow one....

I think it looks great....as for this new one, well, the product page shots are making it look real good...I like the "belt grasping" hands and pointing finger and the body proportions look good.

I don't know if I'll pick up the new one (nothing wrong with the one I've got) but....I'd probably go for this one over the HT one right now if I had to choose...

I know the HT Vader is hitting and earning a lot of high marks around here (along with a few issues it seems- but what figure by any company doesn't to someone around here), but I'm not in a hurry to pick up that one. I'm sure it's a good HT figure, but I'm still really quite satisfied with the "deluxe" Sideshow one....

I think it looks great....as for this new one, well, the product page shots are making it look real good...I like the "belt grasping" hands and pointing finger and the body proportions look good.

I don't know if I'll pick up the new one (nothing wrong with the one I've got) but....I'd probably go for this one over the HT one right now if I had to choose...

This is a really great picture. I mulled it over for a while, but decided to stick with my DX Vader until HT gets to the ROTJ Vader. Then I'll switch. I may even buy the hands and the suit from this SS release if they turn out as good as they look. And after rewatching the saga leading up to TFA, the DX Vader helmet is spot on to me for the helmet used in ESB. That made me happy because it's my favorite version of him. I dunno. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

And OT, I guess it doesn't bother me that SS is re-releasing figures. I buy mostly to have a certain character in my collection and only care about that. Though I can see how it bothers those looking for exclusive value.

Nice shot, Jedibear! Reminds me of this shot, which pushed me over the edge into ordering this Vader back in the day--he looks great next to the snowtrooper.
100076-darth-vader-deluxe-005.jpg

Great Shot Jedibear!
I too have no intention of replacing my DX Vader with the HT one. I prefer the ESB look, and he looks excellent on my shelf!

Sideshow and Hot Toys Darth Vaders decomposed into their parts. I havent had this much fun undressing figures for a long time! Doing this has really highlighted to me the pros and cons of both figures. There are design elements that I prefer on the Sideshow, and some that I prefer on the Hot Toys! Neither are perfect, but I am leaning towards Hot Toys being the better overall figure. Full video review and comparison coming soon! :)

I think this figure looks great, but this is Hot Toys and this is Vader. I'm sure that there will be many versions of all the Vaders, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, ROTS. I'll sit this sone out and see what they do down the road.

Here's my video comparison of the new Hot Toys Darth Vader and the previous Sideshow Darth Vader Deluxe figure.

Both great figures, but after breaking down all the components of the figures and then reassembling both, I do have to say I'm leaning towards the Hot Toys figure as the better overall figure.

Hope you can check out the video, and find it useful or informative!

Nice little fixes on this re release, but hot toy's Vader seems like the overall better quality figure.

What could have sold me here tho, since I prefer the ep. 5-6 look was if they fixed the mouth triangle on this, it is way way to wide. It just does not look like Vader. Hot Toys got this right.

I know they didn't mentioned anything about a new helmet. But I'm finding a difference on the nose area....

Darth Helmet.jpg

Yeah this is going to be the vader for my collection i think. Been thinking about this one for a while. It looks much better suit wise then the deluxe one did.

If SS got the dome right it would be a much better figure. I prefer the ESB look over ANH, but HT did such a great job that I ended up selling the SS version

I had this pic from Internet (sorry, can't remember where it came from). I thought I'd just try to squeeze the head a bit and here is what it looks like after:

I think it looks great!

Overall I like this Vader better than Hot Toys'. There's someting with that one I was never happy with. Not sure what exactly.

The thing that bothered me about the ht vader was those terrible gloves they did. Really stupid looking.

Yeah - it's because they didn't give the hands any type of leather texturing to match the leather gauntlets, they seem mismatched, too smooth and shiny.
They added seam lines with stitches on the gloves, but texture detail would have helped to unify the hands with gauntlets.

Is it worth to buy this figure? I dont like ANH style so I'm not getting the HT one and dont think we'll be seeing another HT version of him on the OT for now(maybe that ROTJ 1/4th or Rogue One but no OT nor 1/6th) since SS is doing this one.

Looks better with the updates and would be worth it to me. I like the simple releases like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back