Sideshow Collectibles TIE Pilot - Rogue One Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really think this is one that HT won't do as the figure is amazing as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep looks amazing and may get this to go with my anh version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Not sure if I like the leathery looking flightsuit on this version. I think the cloth flightsuit on the original looks better personally.

I really think this is one that HT won't do as the figure is amazing as is. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT doesn't let another company stop it from doing a figure. I think the reason they won't do this is because they'll leave Rogue One for the new trilogy and of course the classic films, the window itself is probably not there anymore.

I hope HT releases the pilot from the OT... I wasn't too into the new design.

I think we'll get the TIE Fighter Pilot from the OT and that's about it from HT. I don't see them doing a ton of variants of this one.

Can anyone tell me if the OT version is screen accurate with the plain material jumpsuit ? I'd like to get the OT version, but the Rogue One has more going on. I guess the first Sideshow variant must be pretty OT screen accurate.

Can anyone tell me if the OT version is screen accurate with the plain material jumpsuit ? I'd like to get the OT version, but the Rogue One has more going on. I guess the first Sideshow variant must be pretty OT screen accurate.

it is accurate, yes. And the Rogue one is accurate for Rogue one too

Maybe it's just me but I can't see HT making too much improvements on this figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all via perspective, people said the same thing with Boba Fett and the Stormtrooper for example, even Vader. Then when HT made theirs it suddenly was like the figure was delivered from the heavens for them.

I noticed for this figure that the back of it is much more elaborate and detailed than the original TIE Fighter Pilot:

star-wars-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100294-05.jpg

star-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-08.jpg

I wonder, is the original TIE Fighter Pilot suit flattened in the back like the costuming of the OT, or did it just get missed for that release?

It's all via perspective, people said the same thing with Boba Fett and the Stormtrooper for example, even Vader. Then when HT made theirs it suddenly was like the figure was delivered from the heavens for them.

I noticed for this figure that the back of it is much more elaborate and detailed than the original TIE Fighter Pilot:

View attachment 339095

View attachment 339096

I wonder, is the original TIE Fighter Pilot suit flattened in the back like the costuming of the OT, or did it just get missed for that release?

Sideshow's OT and R1 Tie Pilots are accurate. The Original Trilogy Tie Pilots did not have the "OII" in the back that Stormtrooper armor have.

View attachment 339095

View attachment 339096

The OT Pilot is accurate as it is, with blank back plate. The RO one has the OII on the back just like Stormtroopers.

I really like the look of this RO version... now that there is a photo from Celebration - the flightsuit looks more like a Gortex waterproof fabric than plastic coated, which is what was putting me off in the promo shots.
If it is a Gortex material I'll be so happy. Those nitrile or plether coatings wear off over time, but very unevenly.

I can only get one - this or the ANH version.
Right now I'm leaning towards this one.
I want to avoid panic-buying the original version due to low stock SSC warnings.

No problem! Found those pictures on Rebelscum. They take good pictures of displays at cons.

Back