Sideshow Collectibles TIE Pilot - Rogue One Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still prefer the flightsuit of the first release personally. It’s weird to me that Hot Toys hasn’t done a version of a Tie Pilot (not the First Order version). Not that I necessarily think they’ll do it better but they’ve done a lot of the Troopers and the Tie Pilots are pretty basic.

I think a HT version would be way better. The SS versions looks like the eyes are just painted where HT would probably use separated plastic.

I’m assuming Hot Toys will get around to pilots eventually, but it’s so unpredictable and likely far-off, I was happy to get the SSC Luke and TIE versions.

And while Hot Toys will undoubtedly have better underlying bodies and better paint apps on a Luke sculpt, likeness and helmet accuracy are not a given.

Still excited for their eventual versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only spare body I had lying around was a Banner. The padding around the midriff, what looks to be slightly shorter legs and better hip articulation all help the figure, but because it’s a muscle body the arms still don’t lay flat against the sides of the body, which is irritating as hell for a natural stance.

May wind up getting some kind of slim for it since I don’t want to chew up the Banner body.

c3a5bd03bbea08ea5411dc90b010029e.jpg

I think a HT version would be way better. The SS versions looks like the eyes are just painted where HT would probably use separated plastic.

But they aren’t painted on. They are in fact separate transparent pieces.
Here is a picture of the helmet with light shining through.
656bb39fa549d69f8c5d147aa18e1743.jpg

I totally forgot about this release and that it was a Sideshow Rogue One figure. This was the only new movie related figure they've made in quite a while right?

Nice shots guys... ZE_501 & Misterscruff, they look great!
I'll eventually get around to do some body swaps on these guys.

IMG_0037_1.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

Nice pic above all. Nicely done. Need to put my standard sideshow one on a similar body

Is it safe to say that the shots of the Tie Pilot in Mando was also from Rogue one? Since every shot had the same helmet markings. And it was cool in the episode of mando, actually seeing some damage to the cockpit area

Only spare body I had lying around was a Banner. The padding around the midriff, what looks to be slightly shorter legs and better hip articulation all help the figure, but because it’s a muscle body the arms still don’t lay flat against the sides of the body, which is irritating as hell for a natural stance.

May wind up getting some kind of slim for it since I don’t want to chew up the Banner body.

c3a5bd03bbea08ea5411dc90b010029e.jpg

Was the armor on the sides glued down? Or is it pegged in place, like the old Clone Trooper figures are?

I just got one on ebay and I'd like to swap bodies as well.

Was the armor on the sides glued down? Or is it pegged in place, like the old Clone Trooper figures are?

I just got one on ebay and I'd like to swap bodies as well.

I don't remember exactly if it was pegged, but definitely not glued. It was a trivial process that didn't involve much hassle.

I don't remember exactly if it was pegged, but definitely not glued. It was a trivial process that didn't involve much hassle.

Awesome, I'm very much looking forward to it then!

I was sweating bullets when I had to undo the rubber panels underneath the R1 HT Stormtrooper armor, so I was afraid this guy would be the same :D

Back