1/6 Sideshow Collectibles Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today. Have the TOTs one also and have spent an hour comparing and looking at them. Sideshow wins in every category. Body, coveralls, hands, head (maybe due to paint quality). Maybe Tots head would be better with a repaint. I’m gonna display my sideshow one as Myers and going to use tots coveralls and boots to make ghost Myers.

Well I'll eat my own **** on this one. He looks great and I prefer him in every way compared to TOTS. I took a few quick shots and comparisons.

The clothes are a HUGE upgrade as well.

Each shot is the same pretty much, I just moved the lights around a bit for each to shot

3D2A6624-1.jpg
3D2A6628-1.jpg
3D2A6631-1.jpg
3D2A6647-1.jpg
3D2A6650-1.jpg
3D2A6655-1.jpg

Last edited:
There are three constants in life: death, taxes, and dueling “it looks great!” “it looks like garbage!” on the Freaks thread for a newly shipped product.

Mine arrived today, but it will probably be a while before I get to open it, so I’m appreciating all of the photos!

No matter what you think of this figure, it’s certainly going to look better than my original Sideshow Myers that I tried to improve on by repainting the face and attaching new hair. That was like 10 years ago, and I still haven’t gotten around to fixing.

So put me down for “I like it.”

Attachments

• 29C8A3A5-E4F4-49F3-868F-E329FD6917C1.jpeg
    29C8A3A5-E4F4-49F3-868F-E329FD6917C1.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 105
Especially for the price. Too many SSC apologists. This company churns out half assed stuff all the time.
Glad I cancelled and got a way better looking figure for half the price.

hope you guys enjoy it thou.
Exactly. To each their own. Aside from the Sideshow Myers hairline, they did pretty great work. I haven't received him yet so I hope he looks just as good or better in hand

There are certainly pros to both releases, although a combination of the two could produce quite a nice representation of the Shape.

So I got mine in.

Im going to look at this figure in two ways. In the eyes of a general collector, and in the eyes of a Halloween nut.

When it comes to figure, all the accessories gives this a 10. Sideshow maybe **** sometimes, but gotta love that all hands come with their own pegs. The tombstone has a nice weight to it and doesn’t feel cheap. The pumpkin( more on that down the page) is also a nice addition.

Here comes some criticism mixed in with some positivity. Lets start with the elephant in the room, the sculpt.

If you were judging this figure based off of sideshows horror line, aka their representation of these characters, it’s a home run. They knock it out with the creepy vibe of the mask. Although, QC is still an issue with sideshow, I got the dreaded lazy eye. Overall, if you look at this as a sideshow version of Myers , sculpt works.

But, if you consider yourself a die hard Halloween fan, this sculpt does miss its mark. Although the pictures people are posting and such don’t really represent this sculpt well, it still doesn’t look like what he does in the movie. I’ve always thought that the mask looks different to everyone. That’s why in mask community, you have a mask that represents a scene in the movie. Some work, some don’t. And for me, I have to have him look down and view the sculpt from above to like it. I give tots the benefit of having talented mask sculptors work on theirs as it shows. The tots 78 beats this figure sculpt wise for me. I see Nick castle in that. I see a cosplayer with sideshows.

The body, way to big and thick for John Carpenters Halloween. Nick Castle was a scrawny 5’10. Not a 6’5 monster. You could stick a 2018 sculpt and it can work.

The generic coveralls work for this figure. No company seems to get it right, we shall see if tots 2.0 in their accessory pack nails it. Same with the boots. They’ll do, but not accurate.

Now for the main event for me. The ghost Bob.

Sideshow QC strikes again. Glasses came broken. What is it with these people? The sheet was a little annoying at first, trying to make him look like in the movie and not a klansman. But I got it right and man is it beautiful. With tots coming out with their own soon, I prefer this over their wired, I’m just not a fan of wired products.

The sheet is nice and has some weight to it. The phone accessory is awesome.

Overall I think this figure as a sideshow piece is great, but misses the perfection mark, especially when it’s licensed as “John Carpenter’s Halloween.”

7/10- if the sculpt hit its mark, 8/10.

I don’t know if this will stay in my collection after tots accessory packs comes out. It really depends on how good that comes out compared to these accessories.

Edit: I forgot to talk about the pumpkin. I’ve seen a you tube video where they received the pumpkin with out the lights and battery compartment. The face is almost film accurate. But overall, it’s nice. I think it’s a bit wide and oversized, and I wish the light came with a flicker effect.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review NIN.
I don't have it, but based on the pictures SS's has a presence. However, I don't see 78 Myers. It seems like a more polished figure than TOTS, but it should be for the cost.
I don't understand the wiring complaints; just take it off.

I know most people are fanatical about "accuracy" but for me, what I like about the SS is the "real" of the clothing. The TOTS may be closer to the right build of the actor but the fabric choices make it look toyish and out of scale. It has that MEGO feel where the cloth is too thick.

Thanks for the review NIN.
I don't have it, but based on the pictures SS's has a presence. However, I don't see 78 Myers. It seems like a more polished figure than TOTS, but it should be for the cost.
I don't understand the wiring complaints; just take it off.
I just have the worst luck with wire. Either it pokes out the end or through the threading. I’m hoping the tots provides a better headshape with their sheet.

Back