1/6 Sideshow Collectibles Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
241489961_10220889724414883_8662488902620371677_n.jpg

I think this looks alright for what it is, but the hairline on the sculpt does look weird. I wish Sideshow would focus on more accurate representations versus always seemingly going for their stylized takes on characters.

The Trick or Treat Studios release probably looks better, and is considerably less.

I don't know if it's the body ToTS uses or what, but the collar gets the '78 look much better on the Sideshow jumpsuit.

Well I'll eat my own **** on this one. He looks great and I prefer him in every way compared to TOTS. I took a few quick shots and comparisons.

The clothes are a HUGE upgrade as well.

Each shot is the same pretty much, I just moved the lights around a bit for each to shot

View attachment 536680View attachment 536681View attachment 536682View attachment 536683View attachment 536684View attachment 536685
Great shots, man! From the get, I haven’t really been a fan of the tots sculpt. Even with the questionable hairline, I like the SS version more. Thank you for posting a comparison. I’m in the middle of moving across the country so this is waiting in a box at my brother’s house. Can’t wait to display this with Jason and Freddy. Thanks again for the pics!

I don't know if I like it more than TOTS. I'm with Robbie in that it looks like a person and not a doll. In the right light it's pretty impressive; with some work so is TOTS. I think both are winners to some degree. Your degrees will vary.

Just opened up Myers. Wanted to make sure the pumpkin was complete and that the glasses were not broken. Good on both fronts. Sideshow gets a lot of **** for their figures and rightly so. They should get some **** for this figure too. There are things that are so off about this figure (sculpt, hair, body, pumpkin, part of a phone, etc.), but I do think it has a good presence. In the right light it's great. It's definitely not the Castle Shape. This guy is a linebacker. I am more impressed with this out of the box than I was with the TOTS. TOTS is a better sculpt but you knew right away out of the box that the figure was going to need some work. I knew that going in. Sideshow's is a good amalgamation Myers. If you are looking for a 78 Myers this ain't it. If you are looking for a nice Halloween Myers from some movie this fits the bill. People who are not nuts like we are won't be able to tell the difference.

I have that figure and most definitely better. It better be better, that figure is almost 20 years old. However, when Sideshow themselves say the pumpkin is in the "same carving style that we see in our opening credits" you know the Myers is also in the same style as the 78 movie.

20210911_171233.jpg

Straightened the hair line and whitened it up. It's not 100% but I'm happy with it. Still going to tweak more probably but finally have a Myers. It's not a popular topic but I'm always thrilled with the scale of the SS hands. Unlike others that have been using the same clam digger molds of HT for ever. And these are much harder than the past SS hands that could at times be too soft.
20210911_171255.jpg

I ordered mine through a third party retailer, but the sculpt came with some nasty paint defects. I wonder if Sideshow would send me a replacement sculpt, since it’s an in-house product.

ACB8A7C1-CD99-4D69-AFFD-EF738120F2F4.jpeg

Attachments

• A2FE9A9A-4E97-479E-A750-21BA3F6ECBCB.jpeg
    A2FE9A9A-4E97-479E-A750-21BA3F6ECBCB.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 35
Back