1/6 Sideshow Collectibles Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 538080
Straightened the hair line and whitened it up. It's not 100% but I'm happy with it. Still going to tweak more probably but finally have a Myers. It's not a popular topic but I'm always thrilled with the scale of the SS hands. Unlike others that have been using the same clam digger molds of HT for ever. And these are much harder than the past SS hands that could at times be too soft.
View attachment 538081
How did you do the hairline?

I know this figure isn't for everyone but after an hour making adjustments, it fit perfectly into how I see Michael Myers.

MICHAEL small.JPG
MICHAEL 2 small.JPG

MICHAEL 3 small.JPG

Looks great Robbie! Only an hour of adjustments? Pray tell?
Yeah about. The jumper I did a gathering stitch on the elastic back. tightened the waist just a touch. One of the things I read was his build was too thick in the middle so the gathering narrowed it a little so its more fitted. I also did it on the front but removed it because it looked forced. Better have the natural drape on the front.
Added five minute epoxy putty to flatten out the hairline. I probably should have taken it lower but I didn't. It was hard to tell exactly when it was still beige. Its good enough for my shelf.
Painted it to fade into the other hair. Worked out that the beige putty was a perfect base for the slightly water down black paint. Little dry brush on the high points with raw sienna and matched perfect to the stock paint.
The longest part was the modeling of the white wash. I just added and wiped a lot. Screwed it up and re worked it. Added more. That sort of thing. Stopped because I thought it looked like crap, but when I came back to it, thought it looked right. My eyes were too focused guess.
That's about it.
I know there has been mention of crooked eyes, and first I thought so too but the more I looked I think it was on purpose. The "head" is crooked in the mask. His eyes are slightly shifted to the side to represent the ill fitting mask. I think its one of those things that is good in idea but getting factory to nail it was asking too much. So now it looks like a mistake. Just my thought.

Oh and popped the neck plug from the body so its not seated. Lengthened the neck without having to mod anything. Still has some posing ability but definitely softer now.

He gave it a fair review.
My only gripe is, the whole video he preaches accuracy, yet references coveralls that are not accurate. I’m like, what?

We can agree to disagree. Having the Sideshow Myers in person, the only thing that should have been done better is the hairline. The TOTS 78 piece looks bad out of the box and needs a repaint. The TOTS later Myers figures look much better. Neither TOTS or Sideshow is perfect. Only Hot Toys or Blitzway would make a perfect Myers and I doubt they're ever going to get deep into horror figs so we're stuck with TOTS and Sideshow

Back