1/6 Sideshow Collectibles Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is he smiling
Why is he smiling? Why is the mask painted gray instead of appliance white? Why is the hairline like that?
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Why does the mask look like it’s missing paint along the hairline?
Because technically it is. The white paint would flake off some parts of the mask(s), including the hairline, with the frequency of being removed and put back on. Different masks in different stages of wear look slightly different in this regard over the course of the movie. A mask that's all white (not F***KING GRAY) in all areas but the hair would be correct, and a mask with some of the original fleshy color of the William Shatner mask showing on the neck and around the hairline would also be correct. Seems to be overdone, unfortunately, though.
I also noticed during the unboxing that the little light in the jack-o'-lantern seems like it's either not strong enough or located in the right place to illuminate the entire face of the thing. The mouth looks pretty brightly lit, and the eyes look dark.
Uz1HGUn.gif

I'll wait to see some in-hand pics. That mask is looking GREY and some detail was lost in the mold or something. It looks alright, better than TOTS but I want the Myers that was in that Facebook video. Sadly, I guess that was the proto. I hope later batches lighten up the mask. Jason had the same problem. Dark mask then in later batches they lightened it up.

Also that Myers hairline... why did they smear dark paint all around it which further accentuates that it's not an accurate hairline? I hated this piece months ago then liked it from the FB video and was going to buy last week. Now I'm on the fence. Post pics for all of you that get him. Jason 1/6 I disliked at first and then Jason grew on me and I bought him and like him a lot. Hope this grows on me too but it's way different almost bloated looking in the face and the proto wasn't. I don't hate it but certainly don't love it like I thought I would

That pumpkin light up was embarrassing though and the fact that its eyes don't light was something QC should have caught. *Sigh* Oh well...

Last edited:
It has a nice presence, but the mask seems way too grey, and they really went all out on the flesh colored parts. I get that it’s accurate because of the way they made the mask, but I always thought of that as a behind the scenes kind of thing and not something that stood out in the film at all. Kind of like the true color of the coveralls are greenish but come out blue in the movie.

Yeah... I'm totally with the TOTS version over this. All respect and consideration to those who like and want this version, but the sculpt is well off in my eyes. Its scary how badly they missed his likeness the first time they tried it decades back. This one is marginally better, but the hair is just too stylized. He looks like he has product in it the way it sweeps across the front. Too many peaks and valleys at the top. Faux hair does not read like that.

Last edited:
Think I'll pass. Head sculpt/hair line is just too far off for me. Too round giving almost a cherub look and the flesh color around the hairline accentuates it's inaccuracy. Almost seems like the Mezco 1/12 blown up to 1/6. Still a decent stylized version if your into that. Pretty much like everything else on the figure.

Not gonna lie. Upon reflecting about this, I'm disappointed in how this figure turned out. Can they update the gallery with a production piece? The mask looks bad. I don't understand how they approved this. It's almost like they do it on purpose so in another five years they can be like "We finally made an accurate Myers. Buy more product!"

Whomever sculpted this mask has zero interest in horror and had NO IDEA what they were doing about Myers. Where are the horns... missing pompadour... why the V-shaped hairline? Why the round and bloated face? Why the black eyeshadow/eyeliner all over his eyes? Who approved all of this and thought "that looks great!" Just ughs.

I'd rather they had given us one knife and an accurate mask than all the stuff they've tossed in to get us to buy. Who cares about accessories when the portrait is off. I take back what I said about TOTS. TOTS Wins. Sideshow needs better sculptors that CARE about what they're designing. Sorry, but what a mess.

Last edited:
Yep unfortunately when it comes to MM no matter how great the coveralls hands knife accessory’s and boots look if the mask and hair ain’t cutting the mustard then they ain’t getting my hundreds.

Just like Solo and Luke MM is always a tough nut to crack.

Shame.

I'm pretty happy with the Trick or Treat Studios version, especially after changing the body and removing the freaky nub of a head from inside the mask.

Now he literally does have the "blackest eyes", because to look into that mask now is to look into the void...

Their accessory pack will offer a bit more than Sideshow.

trick_or_treat_studios_halloween_1-6_scale_michael_myers_accessory_pack.jpg

The hands and body on the Sideshow look good though.

If I were Sideshow I would put their 1/6 Myers on hold and re-do the mask properly. They could use the PCS 1/3 mask sculpt as inspiration. Seeing this TOTS accessory pack, there's no good reason why anyone would need the Sideshow 1/6 now as in its current state, it's a disaster. Sideshow are supposed to be the best in the game and it looks like they treated their Myers like they couldn't care less. I'd rather give TOTS my money as they made a good effort. Heck, even their pumpkin looks 100x better than Sideshow's. Also, it's obvious Sideshow reworked their Mask sculpt from the proto. Whomever did it may want to start looking for a new job 'cause they've caused a probable s@#t show in lowering sales on the Sideshow 1/6 Myers piece. Yuck

Sideshow Myers now looks like when women get too much filler in their faces. Bloated pillowface plus the bad receding hairline which real Myers never had. Awful

If you didn't know, you could believe that Sideshow had the rights to character, but not the mask itself.

Like the Real Ghostbusters animation and figures that had the rights to the characters, but not the actor likeness, so Spengler ended up blond.

A very strange situation.

Weird they made the head almost as round as Ryan Johnson's. Ya the TOTS head sculpt destroys this for accuracy.

I just hope tots steals that blank headsculpt idea for the ghost Bob sheet. That was a pretty good idea.

Back