1/6 Sideshow Collectibles Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Michael will be the first 1/6th figure I'll have picked up since Hot Toys released their Christopher Reeve Superman. I dipped out of the hobby for a long time, but these new horror figures are really tempting me. I skipped, regretfully so, SSC's Jason and Freddy offerings, but I'm not missing out on this Michael. I've already secured a few custom head sculpts (which I think are recast, but I'm okay with that since they weren't licensed sculpts to begin with, sorry not sorry) to replace the main one with. I'm going to do my best to paint and hair them and come up with something I really like.

I've even gone so far as to purchase a metal knife, a metal fire axe, and a scaled hammer, and am planning a custom base for him. This figure really is the all-in-one for me when it comes to accessories. I know SSC can be really spotty with QC, but I'm willing to put in the work where necessary. I almost got the TOTS release, but the lack of accessories and info on head connection and quality really put me off.

Not to be a downer, but WTF did they drop the ball on the hairline? When has Myers ever had a V shape receding hairline? I hope they fix this because other than that (and the suit being the wrong color) he looks good. Not buying it because of the hairline but am glad others will enjoy it

I have the Trick Or Treat Studio Myers. I like it but Sideshow is going to the one to own. The TOTS version is just a placeholder for me.

Sans titre.png

Face looks nice, hairline still hurts the head overall. Looks decent and a good option to have out there for a mass production figure.

Not sure what's up, but the boots almost look like tan work boots there, be curious to see more looks at those, cuz that would be all wrong.

For me, event though the hairline isnt right and there seems to be lots of head scratchers, I like the body proportions and how everything looks together. For me, it looks more like a person in a costume than the others.

I think it looks great including the head sculpt. If they just slightly altered the hairline to get rid of the widows peak it would look even better, but they won’t be changing anything at this point.

It seems, SSC is pulling he usual generic representation of classic horror icons.
It is not screen accurate by any means. It’s a amalgamation of the Shape look overall. They did the exact same thing with Freddy and Jason. I love both this figures but to the purists , this is just not gonna fly. So many people have made it a mission in life to re create the original Shape.

me, I am perfectly fine with a good combination of the look. I don’t care what anyone says, the screen representation I always and continue to see, his overalls are BLUE. So that’s fine with me. The mask.....well, I don’t know, I’ll have to see it at home in proper posing and lighting. My one real complaint is the mask sees way too small........

personally I am way impressed with the TOT version , it’s still blows me away , especially considering the price. I was positive it was going to be cheap and horrible.....it’s far from that.

I defiently feel blessed to be able to compare 2 Halloween figures.

I disliked this guy at first, but in that Facebook video he's looking excellent even though that hairline still irks me. The detail is superior to TOTS if the in-hand turns out like the prototype. The TOTS is good but a lot of its detail is lost in its bad paint over-application. Hopefully the Sideshow one looks great in hand. I wasn't going to buy this but now I'll buy if the in-hand looks like the FB video. We shall see I suppose. It's actually looking a lot like the Halloween 4 movie poster (the poster Michael looked much better than the actual part 4 movie Michael imo).

How the heck can two different companies release the same character in 1/6th scale? It seems like the same market license unless TOTS is considered boutique and Sideshow is mass.

Watching the unveil and Im very pleased. Im sure it won't be "accurate" for some but Im glad to have this one coming. Very excited.

Back