1/6 Sideshow Collectibles Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope tots steals that blank headsculpt idea for the ghost Bob sheet. That was a pretty good idea.
The TOTS ghost sheet does have it's own head sculpt. Glad I pre-ordered the accessory pack. Pumpkin and gravestone also look more accurate than the SS and a pair of green coveralls.

SS made some strange choices with their Myers. I really thought they would try harder to nail the likeness with direct competition out there. They must be relying on buyers brand loyalty to sell this.

Last edited:
The only thing Sideshow has going for it over ToTS is elbow bend in the arms and slightly more realistic knife paint.

I would have greater respect for Sideshow if they pulled their 1/6 Myers and said "this is not the product we want to release. We're redoing the mask and pumpkin and will update the gallery shortly with a new release date and mask/pumpkin design." THIS would make sense as a business. This is what I would do. It wouldn't take much to swap out heads on the first few hundred figures at the factory. They make these things in batches. That sculptor duo responsible for this design mess needs to be forbidden from working on horror and they also can't sculpt beautiful women. Wonder Woman that they did is fugly and Harley's sculpt isn't pretty enough either imo. Man, that design team better not do CW or she'll turn out fugly too. As for Myers, Sideshow needs to look at the PCS 1/3 mask sculpt and be inspired by that

If Sideshow felt there were problems with their product, they would have revised it from the prototype. What's shipping looks pretty spot on to what has been shown previously.

I would have greater respect for Sideshow if they pulled their 1/6 Myers and said "this is not the product we want to release. We're redoing the mask and pumpkin and will update the gallery shortly with a new release date and mask/pumpkin design." THIS would make sense as a business. This is what I would do. It wouldn't take much to swap out heads on the first few hundred figures at the factory. They make these things in batches. That sculptor duo responsible for this design mess needs to be forbidden from working on horror and they also can't sculpt beautiful women. Wonder Woman that they did is fugly and Harley's sculpt isn't pretty enough either imo. Man, that design team better not do CW or she'll turn out fugly too. As for Myers, Sideshow needs to look at the PCS 1/3 mask sculpt and be inspired by that
I'm starting to think this is just a sideline for SS so their not bothering putting in the effort to make it accurate or it's some condition of the licence. Hard to believe they can't get it closer to what they ended up with. TOTS likely put in the time because the Halloween franchise is their bread and butter.

If Sideshow felt there were problems with their product, they would have revised it from the prototype. What's shipping looks pretty spot on to what has been shown previously.
I agree with you that the hairline is the same but if you watch the Facebook Myers Sideshow video, the mask was different from the unboxing production piece video. The new sculpt lost its shadows and definition and slender look and now looks round and bloated with zero definition. They reworked something on it IMO and it's just bad. Just poor design choices all around from the hairline, to mask sculpt, to eye shadow/eye liner, color of mask etc. I'd like to ask the sculptors what their reference pics were for their mask design, because clearly, they couldn't care less about doing a good job. Anyway, we'll see if Sideshow does anything. If it were my business, I would care to improve things. Later batches of Jason 1/6 looked much better (mind you he had much less issues than this Myers). Jason 1/6 started off with a chocolate chip cookie-color mask and then they lightened it up. Hope Sideshow makes some adjustments on Myers

This Myers seems like it's in the same vein as their Jason, Freddy and Ghostface in that it's from a particular film in the series but with Sideshows own twist on it which usually means close but no cigar.

I own alot of '78 Myers (TOTS, customs etc) so I keep saying I don't need this version, heck there is nothing from this release that I actually need BUT Myers from '78 is one of the only few characters that I don't mind swopping up EVERYTHING on 🙈😂

Will check him out when he's released.

This Myers seems like it's in the same vein as their Jason, Freddy and Ghostface in that it's from a particular film in the series but with Sideshows own twist on it which usually means close but no cigar.

I own alot of '78 Myers (TOTS, customs etc) so I keep saying I don't need this version, heck there is nothing from this release that I actually need BUT Myers from '78 is one of the only few characters that I don't mind swopping up EVERYTHING on 🙈😂

Will check him out when he's released.
Maybe buy the TOTS accessory pack instead. It's on the TOTS website and looks way better than what Sideshow's trying to get away with their Myers. Sideshow's Ghostface looks great. Their Jason grew on me a lot too but didn't have nearly the issues their Myers 1/6 does imo. Sideshow's pillow face mask on Myers is a disaster imo and the sculptors should learn a thing or two as I can't stand the unattractive Wonder Woman 1/6 they did either and Harley 1/6 isn't looking too pretty either (all the same sculpt team). Anyway, not to be a downer, check out the TOTS site for that accessory pack--pretty awesome and detailed. And let's be real--the Sideshow Myers isn't from ANY film. No way. At least Jason 1/6 looked like he was inspired by Part 3

Last edited:
Maybe buy the TOTS accessory pack instead. It's on the TOTS website and looks way better than what Sideshow's trying to get away with their Myers. Sideshow's Ghostface looks great. Their Jason grew on me a lot too but didn't have nearly the issues their Myers 1/6 does imo. Sideshow's pillow face mask on Myers is a disaster imo and the sculptors should learn a thing or two as I can't stand the unattractive Wonder Woman 1/6 they did either and Harley 1/6 isn't looking too pretty either (all the same sculpt team). Anyway, not to be a downer, check out the TOTS site for that accessory pack--pretty awesome and detailed. And let's be real--the Sideshow Myers isn't from ANY film. No way. At least Jason 1/6 looked like he was inspired by Part 3

Yeah I'm definitely down for the TOTS accessory pack.

I bought Sideshows Jason and Freddy...put alot of work into both... Jason looks really good now...Freddy is just hopeless... nothing is saving him.

That's Sideshows problem...you have to work on what they give you and then there is the crappy bodies to boot.

Having said all that... Pretty Woman Leatherface looks cracking as stock.

Yeah guys, I love my Jason 1/6 now. I saw the Sideshow Freddy 1/6 and thought "I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole. Pass." Sadly, Sideshow Myers is looking the same way so far. Leatherface looks great IF production looks like the proto and they didn't "adjust" AKA ruin anything on him. I really hope the Myers unboxing video was just incredibly terrible lighting or a bad random flawed piece but I doubt it. Oh well...

Yeah guys, I love my Jason 1/6 now. I saw the Sideshow Freddy 1/6 and thought "I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole. Pass." Sadly, Sideshow Myers is looking the same way so far. Leatherface looks great IF production looks like the proto and they didn't "adjust" AKA ruin anything on him. I really hope the Myers unboxing video was just incredibly terrible lighting or a bad random flawed piece but I doubt it. Oh well...

Nothing is saving that Myers hairline 🤣

Yeah I'm definitely down for the TOTS accessory pack.

I bought Sideshows Jason and Freddy...put alot of work into both... Jason looks really good now...Freddy is just hopeless... nothing is saving him.

That's Sideshows problem...you have to work on what they give you and then there is the crappy bodies to boot.

Having said all that... Pretty Woman Leatherface looks cracking as stock.
This is why everyone was in a state of shock when SS ROTJ stock Vader ended up being better than the HT 40th Vader.

Cats and dogs became a thing lol

So what I don't understand is, when the figure was first previewed, they had a suggestion box for feedback on the figure. You know they had to have had a flood of feedback about the figure. Why would they not listen to their customer base?

So what I don't understand is, when the figure was first previewed, they had a suggestion box for feedback on the figure. You know they had to have had a flood of feedback about the figure. Why would they not listen to their customer base?
I think too many phony Sideshow employees behind the scenes being like "wow, that looks amazing. So cool!" Like, if you're in a Sideshow employee meeting and looked at the Myers 1/6 reveal and were like "wow, that's absolute inaccurate and horrible. It looks awful." I think your job would be on the chopping block. All three of those guys in the Sideshow unboxing video were like "Wow! That looks amazing!" So fake because they're employed by Sideshow. Meanwhile, like a lot of us, I'm sure their inside voices were like "Wow, what a POS. That looks awful." Anyway, it's Sideshow's fault for tweaking and bloating up the mask from the proto. The proto hairline was terrible but at least the mask was decent. Now the entire mask is horrible and it's inexcusable at these prices IMO. They should pull it and bring it back when it's superior to TOTS. Sideshow is supposed to be one of the best. Redo the cheap pumpkin and redo the mask like the PCS 1/3 portrait and they'll sell thousands more of Myers 1/6

Sideshow REALLY needs to learn to be self critical. Wonder Wowan 1/6 is awful, Harley 1/6 is fugly, and Myers is a disaster. Those are three figures I'm passing on that I was interested in and I'm sure there's more from lines I'm not familiar with. They did however do an amazing job on Ghostface so there's that at least. I hope they get it together 'cause they do some great work a lot of the time

Back