Sideshow Collectibles 1/6 line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was one of the problems with the line, it is a DC Comics line, not Batman line. I love harley and catwoman figures, but Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman should have been made before them.

Same. In fact I sold a few of mine in anticipation of the SSC versions, just kept the Batfamily and a few faves like GA/GL and the golden age flash/GL. I still cannot believe that is the only 1/6 Robin and Nightwing I own.

I kept all mine, but I never completed the line. I have all the Batman, Superman, and Flash related ones, Wonder Woman, and the second GL they did. The line really dragged me into 1/6 collecting, so they'll always have a soft spot for me even though I realize how dated and out of scale they are with the rest of my collection now. I'm with you on the Robin and Nightwing comment though, it floors me that with all the 1/6 love Batman has gotten over the last several years that no one has bothered touching the Batfamily or any villains beyond Joker, Catwoman, and Harley. I thought for sure I'd have Batgirl, Nightwing, modern Robin, and Red Hood by now in my collection since those are my most wanted 1/6 figures. I figured if nothing else, Batgirl was a lock from Sideshow. That's been my biggest frustration with the Sideshow line, there's a ton of characters that would sell easily that they refuse to do. Flash, any main Batfamily, Supergirl, they just seem like they'd be crazy not to push those figures out there because most would be successful sellers unless they royally messed them up.

That was one of the problems with the line, it is a DC Comics line, not Batman line. I love harley and catwoman figures, but Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman should have been made before them.
I totally agree

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I totally agree

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Good. Maybe they are reevaluating their need to put SS interpretation versions out instead of comic artist versions.

Not sure that was really their ideal. I think it had something to do with WB/DC. They stopped pushing the classic DC and started that NU52 BS. Pretty sure that left SSCs with 2 options. 1: Go with the NU52 designs or 2: Go with a more interpretive design.

Remember, this line started with very iconic looks for Joker, Catwoman, Harley (minus the corset), Batman and Superman (albeit on the skinny side). After that, they started with the interpretive spin. Things slowed waaaayyyy down and the only figure they've delivered since was GL.

My inclination is the Marvel line has very similar restraints. I know for a fact they won't allow them to give the characters real world weapons do to Disney's licensing requirements...at least that's what SSCs will say publicly. That's why DP's weapons were a little wonky and Punishers are as well.

Hiatus, different direction. Same fkn thing, we constantly get fooled by them and their bullspit. They simply don't have the desire, talent and drive to properly tackle ANY 1:6 line. Even SW is being handled better by HT and the only reason ssc is in that is it makes tons of money with the obscure characters, see the recent bounty hunter hunters.

Sideshow, anymore, is only good for their borefest Statues

They have no ability to complete lines they started. Who knows what they are doing with the 1/6 MARVEL.I can only imagine we are gonna get terrible interpretations like that Ashley Wood garbage

I personally found the Lobo the stand out 1/6th figure for me at SDCC. He looks super badass... Simon Bisely version and I will absolutely be picking this one up.

I don't collect any of the other DC figures as I just don't love Batman, Superman, etc. I used to read them but I don't need them as figures. There are so many cool figures in the huge DC Universe that I would be interested in though... Dr. Fate being very high on the list (a well done Guy Gardner to accompany Lobo would be quite fun too).

20160721_135220.jpg

Honestly, I think the Green Lantern figure killed this line. The five figures before him were great. They weren't based on specific artist interpretations but more or less kept a classic spandex look for the characters. On top of that they all came with tons of accessories - between 3 different cowls and interchangeable mouth plates you could have so many looks for your Batman, Superman came with 3 sculpts. Then came GL with a hafty price tag, questionable suit design and almost no accessories. I was committed to this line up to that point, but no matter how hard I tried I could not talk myself into buying that figure.

This had issues from the jump with body issues and things like that but I think Superman really killed it. People were disappointed about the body size and the overall look and so many people were customizing from the beginning. Another Batman didn't help and Green Lantern just kind of deflated an already upset fan base.

I wanted this line to do well, this was supposed to eliminate HT from an buying option for me and happily replace the DCD enormous figures on my shelves. It's really unfortunate. Even Lobo has me kind of meh at this point.

I dont own any SS comic figures, but it seems like they should basically just make articulated version on the PF statues and they would do well.

All of these would be day one preorders for me.

SSC10396.jpg

SS3001312_8.jpg

sdcc2012_sideshow_marvel_20.jpg

Attachments

• 1deadpool1.jpg
    1deadpool1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 87
That's the Captain America Sideshow should do in 1/6 but alas they won't

No one would pay premium format prices for interpretations of these characters, so of course they are the straight up comic adaption.

Their BS interpretations are what ended the GIJoe line.

I know I'm in the minority, but I thought GL and Supes came out just fine. GL was definitely lacking in accessories for the price, but that and the lack of hip articulation were really my only beefs with it. His suit is actually quite spandexy in-hand... kind of like Hot Toys Amazing Spidey 2 figure. I think they both look excellent, right out of the box:
SSCSupesandSSCGL.jpg

I still think that if Sideshow would produce bodies that are as dynamic and comic influenced as their PFs, these lines would do well. These are just too awkward looking.

They should copy their pf design and do it exactly in 1:6. They would have a huge hit for sure. I would totally dig a 1:6 modern age bats and comic Superman! I have most of dc direct line, and sad that some are still the best comic looking adaptations we have. Green Lantern suit material, price, and lack of accessories really brought the Dc line to a screeching halt. Superman started it though, but I really like the figure. Surprised GL has not had a big sale yet. Isn't the exclusive still available?

I, like everyone else, wishes they would make the majority of their PFFs into 1/6 figures... as close a match as possible. Obviously it's not always possible due to the materials for 1/6 spandex, etc., but man... I've come very close to start collecting PFs just because the designs are normally so good!
But I'd still rather have the SSC Superman displayed over HT Cavill. That new figure is awesome, but for me, it's still Cavill, and therefore too specific to a particular movie rendition of the character.

Is Lobo up for pre-order yet? There are figures shown at SDCC that never see the light of day. The Flash was previewed at SDCC and he has yet to go on sale. SSC re-evaluating the direction of the line is the usual BS Sideshow does when a line is on life support or the plug has been pulled. Case in point, their Lord of the Rings line.

Is Lobo up for pre-order yet? There are figures shown at SDCC that never see the light of day. The Flash was previewed at SDCC and he has yet to go on sale. SSC re-evaluating the direction of the line is the usual BS Sideshow does when a line is on life support or the plug has been pulled. Case in point, their Lord of the Rings line.

Which is ridiculous if they do pull the plug, as they could easily make this line a huge money-maker if they'd put some effort in and step up the announcements and releases.

Back