1/6 Sideshow Captain Rex Phase II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Commander is a higher rank but there was never anything shown that Rex went any higher than Captain. He seemed like a guy who would turn down a Commander promotion just to stay leading troops into battle though. I always imagined him going down in a blaze of glory, actually. A fitting end to one of the biggest war heroes of the Clone Wars.

I like to think Rex was one of the stormtroopers that boarded Leia's ship in ANH.

I thought I read somewhere that rex didn't agree with order 66/ betraying his jedi comrades and left the republic/empire by the time the events in revenge of the sith take place. Don't quote me on it as I don't have any proof and am too lazy to search.

I like to think Rex was one of the stormtroopers that boarded Leia's ship in ANH.

:slapNo, no he wasn't because:

Simpsons blackboard.jpg

:wink1:

Just received Rex. Will take pics later, but here is a comparison of phase 1 & 2 head and helmet sculpts.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Yes, Commander is a higher rank but there was never anything shown that Rex went any higher than Captain. He seemed like a guy who would turn down a Commander promotion just to stay leading troops into battle though. I always imagined him going down in a blaze of glory, actually. A fitting end to one of the biggest war heroes of the Clone Wars.

Agree, except for "going down in a blaze of glory", not that he wouldn't do it, but because I like to believe he ended up with another fate, see reply below to "XxStrait-EdgexX" .

Probably too old, but if still active duty his relationship with Anakin/Vader would of assured he would have been a Grand Moff like Tarkin, if he had chosen to serve the Empire.

I thought I read somewhere that rex didn't agree with order 66/ betraying his jedi comrades and left the republic/empire by the time the events in revenge of the sith take place. Don't quote me on it as I don't have any proof and am too lazy to search.

I like to think he left the ranks of the Empire after the clone wars for the reasons you give and had a part in the Rebellion because of his integrity.

:slapNo, no he wasn't because:

View attachment 160246

tumblr_inline_mnvxyz5vv51qz4rgp.jpg

:lol

The regular head and bucket on this certainly look like a upgrade from the original... although the eyes seem to be a bit misaligned.

One owner on RS noticed the rangefinder placement on the helmet made it look awkward when flipped down (ie not falling before the eye). Unless it's due to distortion on this shot, it does appear that way.

Some quick photos.

c61a72f3c70565533b8d592dc265cba1.jpg

6c384da57449b6e2ad2def15a7a6dffe.jpg

99ea95ed2202e24952caa5c0d03037cb.jpg

42c29135b031294b14d54a30ebc62d58.jpg

Anyone else having trouble getting the human head on?

848b19251ee7a9a4004f11eb910048ed.jpg

This socket seems to small for the neck ball.

The reason I got Rex and not other clones is because he is the only main character clone that isn't seen murdering their Jedi leader.

I like to think that Rex (who is known for being abnormally independent) didn't betray the Jedi.

However, we know clones were hyper aged and lived less than 10 years or so, which means he couldn't have been around in ANH.

The reason I got Rex and not other clones is because he is the only main character clone that isn't seen murdering their Jedi leader.

I like to think that Rex (who is known for being abnormally independent) didn't betray the Jedi.

However, we know clones were hyper aged and lived less than 10 years or so, which means he couldn't have been around in ANH.

I knew they were aged quicker to get them ready for war but figured as they were trained as kids too, that they'd live longer than just 10 years..., I can see a Google search being done now... lol ;)

EDIT: Ok, Googled it & it takes 10 years for a clone to mature, they then go into combat & it's considered that they serve 10-15 years if not killed, before being retired, their life span is halved & their maximum age would be 50-55..., knew it wasn't less than 10. :)

Last edited:
I knew they were aged quicker to get them ready for war but figured as they were trained as kids too, that they'd live longer than just 10 years..., I can see a Google search being done now... lol ;)

EDIT: Ok, Googled it & it takes 10 years for a clone to mature, they then go into combat & it's considered that they serve 10-15 years if not killed, before being retired, their life span is halved & their maximum age would be 50-55..., knew it wasn't less than 10. :)

Sorry, I meant 10 years of service. I'm not an authority so I was just ball-parking it based off memory. Thanks for clearing it up though.

I really like my Echo and Fives and they fit in well for a varied 501st squad. You could wait and see if you can get them cheaper. They had them for minimum 30% off with up to triple rewards during spook.

Yeah, I'll wait and see if I can get them cheaper and if I can then that will probably make the decision for me. Too bad the Phase II 501s are on wait list.

In the Krell series you see Rex really start to doubt his service. That series is such a great series and beats most Hollywood movies in terms of drama and writing.

Agreed, Rudimus. I hope Rex's fate is revealed some time soon, whether it's in a comic book, novel, movie, or the Rebels TV series. I just want to know what happened to the guy.

Best clone we've gotten from SSC, hopefully Fives and Echo are on par.

Back