Sideshow 1st Marvel 1:6 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm not sure where the shoulder and knee armour came from but they weren't a deal breaker for me. I understand those that want a "clean" deadpool figure. Having the PF I don't mind a fully kitted out Deadpool on the shelf next to him.

I'd be surprised to see a Hot Toys version. I think they'll be too busy pumping out more Star Wars and Civil War figs. Happy to be wrong though.

Yeah I'm not sure where the shoulder and knee armour came from but they weren't a deal breaker for me. I understand those that want a "clean" deadpool figure. Having the PF I don't mind a fully kitted out Deadpool on the shelf next to him.

I'd be surprised to see a Hot Toys version. I think they'll be too busy pumping out more Star Wars and Civil War figs. Happy to be wrong though.

If HT wouldn't, it's most probably because they couldn't due to the license troubles with Fox-Marvel, and not because they're busy with SW and CW. If I'm not mistaken, HT's already announced CW and BvS licenses while they still haven't mentioned Deadpool, and all these movies are due early 2016.

If anyone is willing to modify this figure, I would love to see what it would look like without the knee and shoulder pads, that was one of the deal breakers for me. Post pics if anyone does it.

But could Hot Toys actually do a Movie Deadpool figure after Sideshow's figure? I would think that there's a legal issue that basically means if Sideshow does the figure that's most likely because Marvel wants it done but they couldn't get the license to Hot Toys for whatever reasons, so at least we get a Sideshow version. But then again, we have Sideshow Star Wars figures and Hot Toys Star Wars too, even though they're technically different versions of the same character (ROTJ Vader Sideshow vs. ANH Vader Hot Toys, ESB Fett Sideshow vs. ROTJ Hot Toys).....so I guess I just invalidated my own question....lol
I still think that there won't be a Hot Toys version which is why we have the Sideshow one. But if we do, and it's the film version, I may just sell a figure for the first time to get another, because the film look is better than the current Sideshow look, and I have loved the character since his first appearance...I was in my peak comic collecting mode then, too, so I've been collecting and a fan of the character for years! ;)

J

couple more pics.

1eb2b87d727c4b1445313af85dd28c53_zpsf1q0gopy.jpg

fddb0f16c811cb317fdd28675073ea72_zpsyqpporqy.jpg

And a better shot of Headpool.

c736fd2472c7915b20b2d2432325789b_zpsyvldjr3q.jpg

Ha ha perfect release and still cant please everyone.:lol A lot of insufferable sob's jk ha ha...:lol

I don't think anything anyone's said isn't true. The suit is, in fact, a little baggy. It also seems like the material might be a tad too thick. Looks cool but I think what people have said is valid.

Some pix are fine, and some look like they put XXXL suit on him. :dunno

That's definitely what I've been feeling when I look at the various pictures posted. Sometimes it looks fine, but other times it looks like it's a big wool, oversized set of onesy-pajamas. I think this may be one of those figures that looks great in-hand, but in images or video, it's lacking. We'll all find out soon, I guess.

J

Personally I'm impressed with this figure. It's one of the best sideshow has put out in my opinion as a total package. The body has very good articulation and because the suit isn't skin tight it can be put in many poses (which it can hold - yeah a sideshow figure that can hold a pose). It's a trade off between posability and tightness and for a figure like Deadpool do you really want a static museum pose? If that's what you want there are plenty of fine statues with skin tight costumes. That said, the suit in the pictures above does look more baggy than mine.

If you are a Deadpool pursist, this isn't the most accurate or common representation and I get it if you only want one Deadpool figure or statue and want the more common look. I like this particular look and all the pouches, grenades, knives etc make a great full on, off to war, Deadpool. I don't even mind the shoulder armor although I am yet to find any instance with him wearing shoulder armor.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting a hell of a lot from this figure and it was the Headpool accessory that convinced me to put down an order. In hand I don't regret that choice one bit. This is a fun figure and looks great on the shelf. But again, I get that it's not for everyone, particularly those after the traditional look.

Back