Sideshow 1st Marvel 1:6 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC 1:6 - Marvel - Deadpool figure

People curious about the price...This might shed a little details. Sideshow has been developing BRAND NEW bodies for their DC & Marvel Sixth-Scale lines.

I chatted with them about this personally at SDCC and they said they have essentially "abandoned" the Prometheus and are just making bodies tailored to the characters (though some may carry to others). Both the DC 1/6 Batman and Superman have their own unique bodies as does Wolverine. Deadpool looks like he might use either the Batman or Supes body.
Yet HT, with their superior paint apps, clothing, body quality, packaging, etc., still give you a figure like Han Solo for less than this Deadpool will cost. Chewy is just a little more, and Groot--despite a totally newly sculpted body that can only be used for him, and being humongous, is $300. I get that SSC has to charge more for the reason you are stating and other reasons (rising costs of production being a big one often suspected), but when I see what HT is doing, they just seem inefficient.

If SSC is making different bodies, and the quality is pretty good, they should sell them (as in the plain bodies) for customizing. That would be awesome.

is SSC batman body that great? i saw a karate chop (unwanted) feature on facebook. lolz
not a fan of the prometheus body, i'd be pissed if they put this one on a prometheus body just because he's well covered with his uniform.

Yet HT, with their superior paint apps, clothing, body quality, packaging, etc., still give you a figure like Han Solo for less than this Deadpool will cost. Chewy is just a little more, and Groot--despite a totally newly sculpted body that can only be used for him, and being humongous, is $300. I get that SSC has to charge more for the reason you are stating and other reasons (rising costs of production being a big one often suspected), but when I see what HT is doing, they just seem inefficient.

:lecture

New bodies is no excuse. Hot Toys makes new bodies or modifies the ones they have all the time. Now HT has an added advantage they have been making great bodies for the better part of 7 or 8 years now so they can mix and match parts with new modifications. Sideshow has made bodies that they just throw away now because they were, for lack of a better word, junk. The fact that they are behind in the 1/6 body market is their own fault. If they want to blame that for rising prices it is a poor excuse. If they want to make up the cost of trying to keep up then they should sell the bodies separate. I think Action Figure Movies and Tony Mei would be good for 20 each, at least. I'd be down for the new Batman and "Superman" bodies if sold separate.

And yet the new scout trooper has a Prometheus body :lol

Hence why I put it in parenthesis. :clap

They'll continue using it for their countless Storm/Clone Troopers they release every month.

So I guess it's the "Trooper" body now.

Deadpool wil be taller than the average HT figure??

Bigger, as in bulkier. Batman is a much thicker figure like the Terminator. Height wise, its about the same. Its still unknown what body Deadpool is on. Frankly, I doubt its the Batman body. Its probably a slimmer body.

^i'm worried sideshow would be stingy about that because of his thick overalls costume. prometheus body fall back for obvious reasons.

Yeah after seeing the disrobed Batman body on Da Bomb Show's review, I also thought that SSC should produce them in various skin tones and sell them individually like TTMs. Their new Batman body looks great and is well-proportioned. I guess the bulky utility belt was the only thing that throws off that proportion along the waist area.

Even though Deadpool is massively overrated... I might get this one.

Even though Deadpool is massively overrated...

Blasphemy!!

Can I assume that the 'bigger' body won't look out of place next to my growing HT collection?

I want to have DP photobombing the Avengers...

Yeah after seeing the disrobed Batman body on Da Bomb Show's review, I also thought that SSC should produce them in various skin tones and sell them individually like TTMs. Their new Batman body looks great and is well-proportioned. I guess the bulky utility belt was the only thing that throws off that proportion along the waist area.
You have a link that shows the body?

I have to agree. If SSC is up to HT level then charge the same price, but they are not the same level. Imagine if SSC was - wonder what the price would be then. Would any one pay the same price for a brand new porsche to a more accessorized kia?

The thing that brothers me about this figure is the costume seems baggy and color of the mask seems to not match the costume.
Does anyone have a comparison with the suit in the comic vs SSC zipper suit is based upon?

At the end of the day I will probably be getting this figure like most and SSC knows that and that is the truth in the price level, smart business on their end.

Back