Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man...

I was really looking forward to this, but damn...

The seams are really unacceptable, given the price-- especially considering several companies have produced cheaper R2's with less visible seams placed in less conspicuous places on the dome.

Probe Droid has no visible seam. Why does R2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's those racist chinese sabotaging american figures again. It happened with Drake, then with Snake now it's R2's turn.

They let the Probe Droid slip through, that was a mistake they won't repeat. :lol

Probe Droid has no visible seam. Why does R2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has a subtle horizontal one if you look for it but there's so much going on on the probe droid that you only see it when looking for it. Hopefully R2 isn't as prominent in hand as it seems in photos, but it's possible it is prominent and it's due to the paint, lack of other more visible lines to draw the eye away. Or it's the saboteurs.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421510304.296062.jpg

I actually sort of like the "warts and all" look of Rebelscum (and cooltoyreview) photos. Their pics are higher-resolution than most other sites too, and the way they shoot things you can really see all the details as they would be under bright, flat lighting. As a customizer, that's essential for me. They do the occasional high contrast "in scene" pics, but with SSC Vader for example, I don't want yet another high contrast, part silhouette pic that hides inaccuracies. I also like how comprehensive they are (as in lots of pics, in and out of package) - it's an invaluable resource - and how they have some fun with poses including other 1/6 figs.

Definitely an invaluable resource. Their 3 3/4" photo archive is second to none in terms of cataloging nearly everything that's been released and from multiple angles, info on different packaging and releases, etc.
This preview batch of R2 photos is pretty informative at least, showing how it scales with all these different figures, which was obviously one of the chief concerns. Looks great next to HT Luke and Tama 3PO.

The seams are one of those things that you're likely going to notice unboxing or up close but I'm sure displayed on a shelf it'll look fine. I'm not all too bothered by them in the first place though so its whatever for me.

Those are some dark photos. But the top down photo shows the best shot of the dome and looks good.

The seams are one of those things that you're likely going to notice unboxing or up close but I'm sure displayed on a shelf it'll look fine. I'm not all too bothered by them in the first place though so its whatever for me.

This is what I'm thinking as well. I hope it looks good under dioder lighting.

I wonder if February/March is still the target date with the dock slowdown. I'm happy with what I'm seeing, it may not be perfect but for me it's impressive.

Am I the only one who wants Sideshow to sell a 1/6th scale environment like the one in the last picture?

Am I the only one who wants Sideshow to sell a 1/6th scale environment like the one in the last picture?

I'd be fine with flat pieces pre-patterned and die-cut that we could use to build our own environments. Like the perforated panel that makes up the lit cylinder in the background, the ribbed base of the same lit pillar, textured/grooved/slotted pieces for use in making boxes, etc.

Back