1/6 DID R80173 WWII Soviet Infantry Junior Lieutenant: Victor Reznov

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
DiD_Corp

1 hour ago
From iPhone client

1:6~PPS-43 and
[wink]
TT33

d1.jpeg
d2.jpeg
d3.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice, it's been a while. I think the last one they made was Vasily from Enemy at the Gates.

I think they were going for Reznov from Call of Duty World at War. He used that knife at the end of the game to cut down a German flag in Berlin.

maxresdefault.jpg

d1.jpg
d2.jpg
d3.jpg
d4.jpg
d6.jpg
d7.jpg
d8.png
d9.png
d10.jpg
d11.jpg
d12.png
d13.png
d14.jpg
d15.jpg

Brief Introduction​

Viktor Reznov, a World War II Soviet Infantry Lieutenant, was a figure of strong character but not recklessness. Instead, he exhibited outstanding leadership skills and battlefield intelligence. Fearless and vengeful, yet loyal to his comrades, he was willing to make sacrifices for greater goals and beliefs. In the face of extreme injustice, his resilience, extraordinary courage, and determination helped him overcome numerous challenges. He epitomizes the spirit of sacrifice and heroism.

The 1/6 Viktor Reznov by DID perfectly captures his combat-ready appearance. His expression is serious, with sharp eyes, slightly furrowed brows, and tightly closed lips. Greyish stubble covers his upper lip and chin, and his face bears wrinkles, reflecting a weathered but spirited visage, effectively portraying his tough image.

He is dressed in a M1943 gimnasterka tunic and officer breeches, with a Soviet shapka ushanka or a Soviet infantry officer visor cap on his head. Additionally, he is outfitted with shuba Russian winter coat and a pair of black leather Soviet officer boots. Around his waist, he wears a genuine leather M1935 belt with shoulder strap. This ensemble beautifully recreates the classic attire of a Soviet infantry officer.

He is equipped with a PPS43 submachine gun, along with three bullets and a magazine pouch. 90% of the PPS43 is composed of metal. He also possesses a plastic-made Tokarev TT33 pistol, complemented with a genuine leather holster, a metal cleaning rod, and two magazines. Additionally, he is armed with the powerful RGD33 grenade. Lastly, we have specially provided him with a Soviet UVSR Taiga-1 survival machete. All these weapons significantly enhance Reznov’s combat capabilities.

He comes with maps, a genuine leather map case and map bag, a Soviet army canteen with cover, binoculars, a watch, and cigarettes. Additionally, he has finely crafted medals, including Order of The Patriotic War and the Order of the Red Banner. All accessory meticulously detailed.

How can you miss out of such a rugged Soviet officer after waiting for such a long time? Hurry up and add this powerful adversary to your 1/6 WWII German army collection and DIY various battle scenarios!

PS: The 1/6 German action figure that is shown in the image is not included in R80173.

Full Part List​

Base
1 Super Realistic Headsculpt
2 DID 1:6 HG Body (Slim Tall Ver.)
3 Left Palm X 3 + Right Palm X 3

Outfits
4 Soviet Infantry Officer Visor Cap
5 Shapka Ushanka
6 Soviet M43 Gimnasterka Tunic
7 Soviet Officer Breeches
8 Cotton one-piece suit
9 WWII shuba Russian winter coat
10 Soviet M1935 Belt with Shoulder Strap ( genuine leather)
11 Grey Gloves
12 WWII Soviet Officer Boots

Accessories
13 Map with Officers Mapcase X 1 and Map Bag X 1( genuine leather)
14 Soviet army canteen with cover
15 WWII Soviet Commander Binoculars
16 Watch
17 Cigarette

Weapon
18 Tokarev TT-33 with holster(genuine leather) , cleaning rod (metal) and magazine X 2
19 UVSR Taiga-1 survival machete with cover
20 RGD-33 grenade (metal)
21 PPS-43 submachine gun (metal and plastic) with magazine X 3 and magazine pouch

Insignia
22 Soviet Infantry Junior Lieutenant Shoulderboard x 2 Pairs
23 Soviet Order of The Patriotic War X 1
24 Soviet Order of the Red Banner X 1

All this time without any Red Army figures, and DID return with a guy from a videogame with a fancy beard?

They even try to pass it off as "Greyish stubble covers his upper lip and chin..."

Pretty sure the regulations were clean shaven only apart from the cavalry who were permitted a moustache, or Cossacks with full beards.

Hard to find the exact orders, but there's reference to a small moustache under the nose being allowed to be worn by officers with the permission of their superiors.

The sculpt reminded me of DID's manscaped British Paratrooper, 'Bearded Charlie':

products-14351.jpg

The UVSR Taiga-1 survival knife is another videogame anachronism. According to IMFDB this design didn't appear until the final years of the Soviet Union. i.e., the 1980s.

Aside from the sculpt and knife it looks like a quality WWII Red Army figure.

Not sure I want another Russian, but it is a DID Russian.

I'll know by 7th January:

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5006

The 43 in this set is beautiful. Something I've figured out ( since most of us have to buy this stuff online and only mostly from photos as visual reference) is to look at the gaps in any weapon, if you can, and if you can see the "spring" system inside, you can tell if the weapon has a functional bolt or not. Once you can assess that, then you can kind of extrapolate possible fragility of the design. For example, the Soldier Story modern MP5s have functional bolts/bolt handles. However they used plastic. And on an MP5, that's incredibly fragile and prone to more than easy breakage. It might be accurate and to scale, but lends the question on using metal instead of plastic for some parts. The bolt assembly on this looks more robust, also DID uses more metal and wood than Soldier Story , so this might be far more durable.

I still can't quite figure out that bent piece of metal over the muzzle. In theory, it would act as a compensator. But it just looks like another kind of piece that would catch on something as you were moving around. Maybe the tradeoff was worth it considering the possible rate of fire.

That Taiga machete is awesome and I want one. That would work for almost any era figure.

That Taiga machete is awesome and I want one. That would work for almost any era figure.

IMFDB noted that they were produced in the final years of the Soviet Union (which ended in 1991). In the video he guessed they were made in the '90s.

He also said the grip was Bakelite, which is retro enough that it would be more at home during WWII. However, considering all the survival aspects engineered into the Taiga, Bakelite, or its more modern Russian equivalent, has heat-resistant properties. Therefore it'd have greater resistance to melting than plastic would if close to fire, which might occur in the event of an aircraft crash, etc.

It's an interesting item, though as I don't collect modern Russian it would only see use on an apocalyptic survivor figure.

MeatHookGekko said:
I still can't quite figure out that bent piece of metal over the muzzle. In theory, it would act as a compensator. But it just looks like another kind of piece that would catch on something as you were moving around. Maybe the tradeoff was worth it considering the possible rate of fire.

It is a muzzle brake/compensator to control recoil.

PPS-43_section.png

Resistance was futile. I pre-ordered him from Kit.

I'll swap the sculpt for a younger, beardless one, and donate his winter coat and ushanka to the Alert Line pilot and transfer him to the army.

DiD_Corp

31 minutes ago
From Weibo web version

R80173 1/6 World War II Soviet Infantry Lieutenant Victor Reznov’s M1943 stand-up collar pullover uniform has increased the length of the hem and adjusted the angle of the side; the detonator of the RGD33 grenade can be separated. In addition, in order to provide a better playing experience, we will give away six star medals on the basis of the original two star medals, and this model will be equipped with a total of eight star medals. Hope you enjoy playing it.

DID R80173 Soviet Infantry Junior Lieutenant Victor Reznov 18 updated.jpg

DID R80173 Soviet Infantry Junior Lieutenant Victor Reznov 20 updated.jpeg

DID R80173 Soviet Infantry Junior Lieutenant Victor Reznov 19 updated.jpeg

Nice sculpt, but completely inappropriate for this figure. It also has DID's customary anti-flash satin finish:

IMG_2623.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

However, Ujindou's UD9028 Wiking golden boy with either the cap or ushanka, as both are a perfect it.

IMG_2625.JPG
IMG_2626.JPG

The gymnastyorka collar is messed up, as it also is in DID's videos. The collar doesn't close at the top, so bags out forwards revealing the fake shirt collar that's stitched to the inside. Gluing it closed would make it look much neater, though the white fabric is still visible from the side since they stitched the shirt right to the edge rather than cutting it short.

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2627.JPG

Feels like DID have gone off the boil at moment, with their too-short Skorzeny; upcoming sub-par Mussolini (which is getting panned on BBICN), and their cheapo paper sided Panther diorama.

Regardless, there are some good parts in this set. As mentioned the gymnastyorka could be glued to mitigate the worst aspect of its appearance, but it would probably just be better to put him in the winter coat as it looks really high quality.

IMG_2628.JPG
IMG_2629.JPG
IMG_2630.JPG

IMG_2631.JPG

And the 1950s Spetsnaz survival knife...

IMG_2632.JPG

...which needn't be too ridiculous with this figure because the M1943 service uniform didn't change until 1958.

Okay for a Kingdom of the Crystal Skull era commie if you want an adversary for Indy, but no good for WWII.

Back