Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyrion was delivered today (fantastic looking figure, well...except fot the hands) and I had to shoot these two crazy kids together...

Tyrion-and-R2-t-williams.jpg

Step 1: buffed out the seams on the dome with some steel wool.
c9858289f6ef8d108cecbbe41ed01d57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repped :) Thanks so much for posting your WIP pics. The visible seams on R2 kill this figure for me, and having your process at hand will make it super-easy for me to finally be rid of them :duff

Agreed! This makes it a buy for me...after practicing on my Taito.

Very cool Sithgorilla. Looks much better! How are you feeling about customising?

It's a little nerve racking. Just trying to follow your steps to the best of my ability. I actually had to start over because when I went back over with the steel wool for the "brushed" effect it immediately started taking off the paint and powder I had put on.

Repped :) Thanks so much for posting your WIP pics. The visible seams on R2 kill this figure for me, and having your process at hand will make it super-easy for me to finally be rid of them :duff

You're welcome. I'm a complete novice at this stuff so I thought it would be fun to take pictures of each step of this little journey. When I saw Jazzinc's R2 I knew I had to ask him how he did it and try it. Hopefully I can pull it off.

It's a little nerve racking. Just trying to follow your steps to the best of my ability. I actually had to start over because when I went back over with the steel wool for the "brushed" effect it immediately started taking off the paint and powder I had put on.

Excellent, you have learned an important lesson. Everything is fixable, and in learning to fix and improvise, The outcome will usually surprise you and be even better

Excellent, you have learned an important lesson. Everything is fixable, and in learning to fix and improvise, The outcome will usually surprise you and be even better

Absolutely. You've been a big help. It's not easy on the heart doing this stuff to $200-$300 figures lol

Had to paint the dome again and reapply powder. This time with a microfiber cloth (Jazz had to tell me that because I'm too much of a dumbass to figure it out on my own lol). Think it looks much better. Next step is to lightly make a pass or 2 with 0000 steel wool and then varnish....hopefully

1st time:
45bb2b78f11d6bfb1bee22582d31a37b.jpg

Just now:
a0d4e8a2a51555147d47ca0394d157d8.jpg

Back