Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Coco for the base ! image.jpeg

Can anyone help with the touch panel issue I am having please?

I hate to ask the obvious question, but are you touching the correct area of the dome? There were a lot of people on the board who didn't really know how to activate the dome when it first came out and would just turn it on and off by accident practically.

Also, did you try changing the batteries? It could be that the batteries are dying and it's just acting funny because of that.

^Looks sharp, Jaymig! You like the SSC Threepio? In your photo the finish looks great with R2.

its ok but for the money in my opinion ( not that it means anything! LOL) I would say no :( mine came with a broken piston, side show replaced it yesterday after 4 weeks! new arm came packaged 10X better than the figure itself! If you can get a discount somewhere for it I say get it..

Your the first person to report this problem. You would have get into the dome, which can be done, but you may go to all that trouble and not be able to find an answer. Did you buy it directly from sideshow?

I hate to ask the obvious question, but are you touching the correct area of the dome? There were a lot of people on the board who didn't really know how to activate the dome when it first came out and would just turn it on and off by accident practically.

Also, did you try changing the batteries? It could be that the batteries are dying and it's just acting funny because of that.

I haven't tried changing the batteries, I guess I could, but don't really want to spend money on batteries when it might not work. I have attached a video so you can all see for yourself...

I'd contact the seller or Sideshow and try to get a replacement. That ain't normal. Maybe try replacing the batteries as that can definitely cause some funky behavior, but judging by how strong the lights look I'm guessing they aren't the issue.

I'd contact the seller or Sideshow and try to get a replacement. That ain't normal. Maybe try replacing the batteries as that can definitely cause some funky behavior, but judging by how strong the lights look I'm guessing they aren't the issue.

It was from sideshow but it must be coming up for a year since I've had the item now. It appeared to work when I first received it but then I never used the light function again and just displayed him in my detolf.

Only thing I can think of is that perhaps the light has gone on the projector and therefore the unit can't switch to mode to and therefore cannot switch off either?

Decided to take a shot at making a more accurate life form scanner for my R2, since it was really bugging me how short and inaccurate the Sideshow one was. I also redid the weathering a bit and painted the blue a bit darker and more metallic. And it's kinda hard to see, but I also added some backing to the logic function display so you just get little pinpricks of light there instead of solid blue.

And just to be a bit different, I also painted the rings around the projectors silver for more of an ESB look.

Now I just need to create some kind of snow-covered base for him. :)

IMG_1799 (522x800).jpg

IMG_1812 (487x800).jpg

IMG_1811 (530x800).jpg

IMG_1805 (470x800).jpg

Decided to take a shot at making a more accurate life form scanner for my R2, since it was really bugging me how short and inaccurate the Sideshow one was. I also redid the weathering a bit and painted the blue a bit darker and more metallic. And it's kinda hard to see, but I also added some backing to the logic function display so you just get little pinpricks of light there instead of solid blue.

And just to be a bit different, I also painted the rings around the projectors silver for more of an ESB look.

View attachment 246183

View attachment 246184

View attachment 246185

View attachment 246186

That looks great, can you guess what I'm going to say?

'I wish he looked like that straight out of the box.'

Seriously... you are a friggin guru with modding.

That looks superb!!!!

View attachment 246183

View attachment 246184

View attachment 246185

View attachment 246186

Nice work davejames. Mind if I ask what you used for parts?

Just a bunch of random stuff. The curved metal part I got at a model train store (unfortunately I can't remember the name), the black part I shaped out of some styrene tubing, and then I just wrapped some thinner wire around some 18 guage aluminum wire for the main base.

How long do Sideshow usually take to respond to replacement requests? It's been like 10 days now and still no response.

View attachment 246183

View attachment 246184

View attachment 246185

View attachment 246186

Looks brilliant

Back