Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there are problems with this figure (and the Boba), but I think this guy stands out more than another trooper figure and it would complete my 'Fett' line (Proto, clone trooper vet, Boba and Jango). I love the action accessories (gun shot, smoking gun, jet pack flames).

I only have a few spaces left for Star Wars figures (only willing to have one Detolf full).
My collection is:

Darth Vader Deluxe
Snowtrooper
Proto Boba Fett
Boba Fett
Clone Trooper Vet
General Grievous
IG-88
Medicom C-3P0 (got for dirt cheap)

Definite buys will be the R2D2, Scout Trooper and I want to make room for one or two Hot Toys Star Wars figures. Only willing to buy HT Darth, Boba (love a 1/4 scale of both).

So, thinking Jango may be a part of the collection as well.

By all means - go ahead, if you celebrate wonkyness. :lol

Wonkyness??? What do you mean?

I have no problems with my 2 Boba Fetts (proto and regular). Don't see any problems with Jango...
And I will not display with the head piece!!! I know that isn't a great part of it.

Fact is I doubt there will be too many Jango figures to come and this will probably be the best.
I am looking forward to some Hot Toy Star Wars figures, but they would not likely do Jango Fett.

The wonkyness is well documented. :lol

All the info / critique is in the Boba thread, when you feel like looking.

Just give me the 'Wonkyness' in a nut shell,
I looked through and there are over 1000 pages!!!

But listen, I get that these aren't "spot on spot on".... But they are at least "spot on" hahaha ;)
I look at my Fetts and I don't see much inaccuracies, but that is me. And when displayed in my detolf they look great.
Again, I would buy a Hot Toys Boba Fett (and Vader as I know there are apparent problems with him as well), but I like these figures.

Just curious, is there anything wrong with the Clone Deluxe figures... I have the 'Vet' model and it is one of my fav, underrated figures

In a nutshell? Sure. :lol

The SSC Boba is plagued with issues - such as:

* terrible base body; tiny arms, & doesn't pose very naturally compared to a Hot Toys TrueType body
* helmet is the wrong shape - the prop helmet has iconic contours that the SSC figure does not replicate very well
* the black 'T' visor has the curve in the horizontal part, as opposed to being more angular as it should
* the vest has a 'boxy' look, due to the plastic bracing on the underside that keeps the chest armour attached to it (**** idea)
* torso armour is the wrong colour - should be a more olive / army colour

You get the idea - they're the main things that stand out to me anyway.

SSC makes good toys - & that's fine (although they've had QC issues like HT in the past as well), but these are supposed to be 'high end' representations. The Jango seems to be following in the same footsteps, going off the website specs & pics, & so that's quite disappointing to me.

Otherwise, I'd have been all keen for the figure.

Last edited:
Base body poses totally naturally for me, I had 0 problems. I love it. But when is there a figure on this board that doesn't have 1010101020 little issues that will be picked apart to death? Never. Ever. "His nostril is 1/39th too small" "That boot decoration angle is off by 2 degrees!" "The tread count on the bottom of the boot is off FAIL!"

It's not just that.. & you know it. :lol

SSC just make approximations of these characters - they get the most crucial things flat out WRONG.

As I said - they make nice toys, but that's where it ends.

It's not just that.. & you know it. :lol

SSC just make approximations of these characters - they get the most crucial things flat out WRONG.

As I said - they make nice toys, but that's where it ends.

And I do appreciate that there are those who look into the details of the figure vs the real character. It is important to know the realities of how close they are to the actual. I simply said, I can bare the price and it looks like the best darn Boba Fett or what have you that I've seen so bought it. I know there could be improvements, and I would buy an updated version of only select characters (Boba Fett and Vader). The Jango will be my only, along with the other SW figures I have.

I really do hope for a 1/4 scale Hot Toys Vader and Fett. I have mentioned this many times on this site. And I would want to hold Hot Toys to a higher standard as they attach a higher price to their figures. 1/4 scale Fett and Vader would be my most wanted figures.

And I would want to hold Hot Toys to a higher standard as they attach a higher price to their figures.

Price≠Quality

Also it could just be a repainted prot-fett they used as a blace holder- but ALL their photos have the cheeck sensor on Jango that only Boba had, and it sticks out like a hairy mole.
How it looks
sideshow-collectibles-jango-fett.jpg

How I see it
6409851_std.jpg

I have a hard time believing this will replace medi Jango as my favorite, but at least it will be nicer than my UH version... then again that was a $25 figure. :lol

Yes, that 'cheek sensor' should not be on the mask. Nonetheless...I think this will be the best Jango Fett offered and will stand as such for a while.
Cannot wait to get him!

I have a hard time believing this will replace medi Jango as my favorite, but at least it will be nicer than my UH version... then again that was a $25 figure. :lol
The Medi Jango is a brilliant figure - & if HT don't end up making one, then I'll probably back source the Medi at some stage. :cool:

Back