Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys.. honestly. :lol

All this extra 'this & that' crap, is really beside the point you know. Before they give us bells & whistles, how about a figure that has an accurate helmet sculpt, & a body that actually looks anatomically correct? Those gauntlets are probably undersized too because of those T-Rex forearms.. :monkey4

I'm genuinely not trying to sound cynical, but I don't think I'm ever going to get the kinds of 1/6 SW figures I want, from SSC. They're the approximation kings. :huh

21491-jango-fett-004.jpg

Guys I may have a simple solution to the Jango Sculpt with large forehead. Now from pics I can't tell much, but I assume the forehead and the headband are separate for paints. So if true a simple boil pop and trim and glue could make this head perfect.

Guys.. honestly. :lol

All this extra 'this & that' crap, is really beside the point you know. Before they give us bells & whistles, how about a figure that has an accurate helmet sculpt, & a body that actually looks anatomically correct? Those gauntlets are probably undersized too because of those T-Rex forearms.. :monkey4

I'm genuinely not trying to sound cynical, but I don't think I'm ever going to get the kinds of 1/6 SW figures I want, from SSC. They're the approximation kings. :huh
I heartily agree.

View attachment 110347

Guys I may have a simple solution to the Jango Sculpt with large forehead. Now from pics I can't tell much, but I assume the forehead and the headband are separate for paints. So if true a simple boil pop and trim and glue could make this head perfect.

Didn't even realize how huge the forehead was until this pic.... Can't. Unsee..

Well, we can't really talk about the Jango helmet until it's revealed, if they actually are planning to ship the proto fett helm repainted.... then people deserve what they're getting. I would assume a proper Jango helmet will be revealed eventually. I think some of this was slapped together to have it in time for the reveal.

Well, we can't really talk about the Jango helmet until it's revealed, if they actually are planning to ship the proto fett helm repainted.... then people deserve what they're getting. I would assume a proper Jango helmet will be revealed eventually. I think some of this was slapped together to have it in time for the reveal.
Yeah we'll see I guess, but all three helmets so far; the two Bobas & now Jango, share the same helmet sculpt, regardless of these new pics being proto related.

It just screams lazy reuse to me. :(

Yeah we'll see I guess, but all three helmets so far; the two Bobas & now Jango, share the same helmet sculpt, regardless of these new pics being proto related.

It just screams lazy reuse to me. :(

It's probably because no one cared about the prototype Fett. They must be trying to get rid of all the overstock parts

Maybe this was already asked.
Why doesn't he come with plastic flames for his flamethrower?
They could ask HT for the mold from Iron Man Mark I version 2.
That would have been a cool addition.

Maybe this was already asked.
Why doesn't he come with plastic flames for his flamethrower?
They could ask HT for the mold from Iron Man Mark I version 2.
That would have been a cool addition.

That's a good question... I'd much rather have a giant flame attached to him then whisps of smoke/floating semen :huh :lol

..& this is why I think I'm going to give this one a miss.

I think my best bet, is to wait till the thing gets parted out online, then make a custom with various odds & ends.

The SSC package so far - as is, is disappointing. :(

Its a pity really, because there's potential here, and things that I like. I can't stand the helmet Sideshow continues to use, seriously.

Looks like this will be good for another Medicom/Sideshow mish-mash.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I can't stand the helmet Sideshow continues to use, seriously.
The really stupid thing too, is that when they first showcased their ESB Boba at SDCC (I think) it mostly looked great - & at that point they'd sculpted a couple of different helmets to potentially decide on; one being close to spot on.. so naturally, they go with the wonky one. :slap :lol

The helmet is so imperative to these characters looking right, & it lets down all three SSC figures so far.

Vintij, maybe someone will do a custom helmet? Then like you say, it would be better to build our own customs. I'm doing this more often lately.

Back