Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one has a hefty price tag and it’s a remake. I would think they would plan for some sluggish growth in sales. They evn have to convince the previous buyers that this is better deal than the last offering. That’s the hard part. I want this piece but have been on the fence ever since it showed up on the net.

Plus, I think everyone is in the I’ll wait for hot toys to do it better idea of thinking. Even if it takes a few years, $800 for this from ss is insane. I have the original Jabba so I don’t need one, but I will wait for the eventual hot toys han carbonite.

Well waiting for HT is a true gambit in itself. They prototype and warehouse like they are makeing movies, not toys. We see more **** from them that they won’t produce than things that will make it to production. If you’re waiting on HT to add anything to your collection, be prepared to go without. I think SS and HT have lost connection with their 1/6th audience and are failing to build those brands.

I don’t have a Jabba and this looks really nice - seams aside. I’ll wait for production/in-hand shots...

or a $200 coupon code! :slap

I think SS and HT have lost connection with their 1/6th audience and are failing to build those brands.

Yeah but they get random feedback from people at cons and base their market interest on that. That's gotta be accurate right......

This one has a hefty price tag and it’s a remake. I would think they would plan for some sluggish growth in sales. They evn have to convince the previous buyers that this is better deal than the last offering. That’s the hard part. I want this piece but have been on the fence ever since it showed up on the net.

It's not a remake - it's a 100% new figure and base. Sideshow did a Jabba 11 years ago, so I guess technically it's a "remake" but nothing of that old release is used here.

As I said when this abruptly went up for PO with a short release window, everything about the context indicates Sideshow got wind that HT was developing a Jabba. But as the Falcon environment shows, nothing is guaranteed with HT, even if they've made a proto and appear like they are going to release it.

I personally don't like the likeness of this figure vs the older Sideshow Jabba, but despite the sky-high price, if people want a Jabba this one is very nicely done overall, and HT's Jabba may never see release.

This one may be an upgrade, but I’m fine with my OG Jabba and throne. Way too expensive to double dip .
B18D194F-8718-463D-A2AA-91798FE637E4.jpg

OG Jabba’s looks great. I regret selling mine. I’m not keen on the price or the straight tail so I’ll probably not get the new one either.

I really want this but I just can’t justify to myself forking over so much money for one figure (well technically two if you include Crumb). Just such a tough sell at $800 plus shipping.

They should have cut some bells and whistles and kept it at $600. They would sell way more at that pricepoint. Just not sure about putting Jabba up with the Delorean and Tumbler as one of those "mega/ultimate/super-complex" collectibles with accompanying pricepoint.

People with old Jabba might not double-dip even at $600. For some reason, everyone thinks that old Jabba is really good, even with its smallish head and terrible paint.

I'm eager to see this new Jabba in production form. I have a feeling many will change their tune here when its finally revealed.

(NOTE: not a shill for Sideshow)

I wish the old Sideshow throne was made of plastic instead of polystone, though. It's super heavy and the one I bought from a collector had a couple broken teeth on the gargoyles. I still haven't gotten around to fixing it.

The original Jabba’s sculpt captures him perfectly, maybe some things could be crisper, but it’s really only paint that falls flat. The new one has a bit of the torso sinking quality like Gentle Giant and Hasbro, but not as bad as GG, more like Hasbro.

Back