Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was kind of hoping HTs would make one, but I just don't see them getting into aliens, creatures, or vehicles. They teased a lot of stuff like the Falcon cockpit, but none of it has ever seen the light of day.

I was kind of hoping HTs would make one, but I just don't see them getting into aliens, creatures, or vehicles. They teased a lot of stuff like the Falcon cockpit, but none of it has ever seen the light of day.

Considering HT have almost done most of the main characters from the OT. I would love if they came out at this SDCC or next with some OT aliens. Sure they will probably go into PT territory soon, but I just hope they keep one foot in OT camp and release the occassional OT alien or second level character.

Many of these would of course go with a Jabba setup from HT or SS.

How did it go back in the day with SS actually ? Did they also start with OT main characters and then move to aliens ? Or was it all mixed ?

Still want this but waiting until SDCC to see if Hot Toys gives us one.

Exactly. But also I need to see what the finished product looks like. If no HT reveal and it looks good I’ll get it. Especially if there is a coupon floating around. I don’t think he’ll sellout for sometime so I’ll wait it out.

Hot Toys didn’t make Jabba the last time, why would anyone think they’d do one this time?

Last time what? The first Jabba release? They didn’t even have the license at that time. But, I don’t think they’ll make him now. They only seem to rarely do direct competition with SSC and only ‘by mistake’ or with characters you have to do (Vader, Jedi Luke). And why would they? There are so many characters to do and so relatively few customers, so why would you produce for an already exhausted market? They’ll probably do Jabba, but in five years maybe. And I guess Hot Toys has only done a couple of ‘aliens’ so far? Chewie and Yoda? They are focusing on troopers and humans.

That’s kind of my point. I didn’t realize HT didn’t have the license then, mostly because I had gotten out of collecting at that time. But, I agree, HT rarely seem to do the aliens, so I can’t really see them waisting they’re time doing Jabba. And as you say, there are far too many OT, PT, ST humans to still do. Aside from Troopers, robots, and robot-like (Vader) figures, how often do they ever over-lap. I was actually surprised SS even did Jedi Luke (which I honestly prefer over HTs mouth-breather Luke).

That’s kind of my point. I didn’t realize HT didn’t have the license then, mostly because I had gotten out of collecting at that time. But, I agree, HT rarely seem to do the aliens, so I can’t really see them waisting they’re time doing Jabba. And as you say, there are far too many OT, PT, ST humans to still do. Aside from Troopers, robots, and robot-like (Vader) figures, how often do they ever over-lap. I was actually surprised SS even did Jedi Luke (which I honestly prefer over HTs mouth-breather Luke).

Yes, and the Jedi Luke seems to be a ups moment as SSC apparently had worked on him before they knew HT was.

yeah that SSC Luke Jedi head sculpt does not look better then the HT jedi luke I don't care if it`s a serious expression so by the end of the day it`s a split down the middle some like it and some don't.

This looked Great at the con along with the Lando! But it just felt empty without a Bikini clad Leia beside him.

Back